Anybody's bike ever been stolen?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/24/2012 1:25 AM

Mine was stolen last week. I was at my girlfriend's work, just inside of this big open shop door, with my truck parked just outside with my bike in the bed. I was 10, maybe 15 feet from my bike, there were plenty of people there, and it got taken without anyone noticing. Been on craigslist since then seeing if the guy is trying to sell it or anything, and have some friends keeping an eye out for it, but I really doubt anything will come of it. I know I should have secured it a lot better, so I know it's partially my fault. I'm mostly just writing this to vent about it, I was livid, I had just bought my new frame a month and a half ago and had my bike perfect. And also, just wondering if it's happened to anyone else, and how they handled it.

|

Formerly easternbmx55
Dave Lawrence: "Pot is like the lazy retarded cousin of drugs. No one cares, they just give him a ball and he's happy on his own."
Refs: CGCaps, Fede/bmx1, Nmyersomg, Meowmoo68, baldkenn626, the balt
BIKE CHECK
How To Re-Cover A Seat

3/24/2012 1:39 AM

i left a 2 week old verde eon in my friends front room during a fat party... it was gone without me even noticing like 20 feet away... it's the worst feeling

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

3/24/2012 1:40 AM

Yeah man, it really is an awful feeling. Especially when it's something you've put so much of your own money into, and spent years getting it exactly how you want it.

|

Formerly easternbmx55
Dave Lawrence: "Pot is like the lazy retarded cousin of drugs. No one cares, they just give him a ball and he's happy on his own."
BIKE CHECK
How To Re-Cover A Seat

3/24/2012 2:24 AM

I had my bike stolen last october I think it was and I got it back at the end of January. My friend had just built me up a bike out of his spare parts the week before and we were riding to the local trails spot and my bike was outside the local pawn shop. I dealt with it by being ultra butthurt :L oh and by playing loads of dave mirra 2. It was super awesome when I got it back because by then I'd kinda given up hope of getting it back so when I saw it outside the shop I was like Photo. That is my cool story

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

3/24/2012 2:35 AM

Haha that made me laugh. I was, and still am really pissed off about it, just like you dealt with it. I even kicked a huge dent in the tailgate of my truck as soon as I saw that it had happened sad

|

Formerly easternbmx55
BIKE CHECK
How To Re-Cover A Seat

3/24/2012 9:35 AM

Ive had one stolen when i was like 8. But know i NEVER leave them outside. If i go into a store, i ride/role/carry it in, the worst they can do is kick you out. Or just leave it outside with a friend.

|

3/24/2012 9:36 AM

One of my friend's bikes got stolen and someone we were with happened to know exactly who it was and where they lived. These kids passed around my neighborhood looking for bikes to steal so we knew it was them. We went to his house with like 15 people and he gave the bike up.

|

3/24/2012 9:41 AM

NYM328 wrote:

One of my friend's bikes got stolen and someone we were with happened to know exactly who it was and where they lived. These kids passed around my neighborhood looking for bikes to steal so we knew it was them. We went to his house with like 15 people and he gave the bike up.

When y bro was like 12, a 15 year old druggie kid down the street stole his. And like 3 days later my other bro who was like 17 saw him and kicked the shit out of him..

|

3/24/2012 9:42 AM

my bike was almost stolen when i was about 10 feet away... i ran and caught with him and punched him in the face and took my bike back... not really a cool story cuz it was a kid that was about 3 years younger then me...

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

3/25/2012 12:00 PM

My Fly tierra v2 custom that I bought off a guy for $200 because it was the old "girlfriend or the bike" and he chose the girl. It was my baby and then I left it at my friends house one day and it was gone without a trace, blamed a couple people, and a few parents were going to put together some money to buy me a bike but it wouldn't be the same. Then that winter some kid said he found it in a bush and I rode with him in his truck and he just gave it to me. Suspiciously it was a friend of a kid that hated me the time that it was stolen and then he surprisingly found it when the kid wanted to be my friend. Pretty sure that they were the ones who stole it but I don't think I'll ever know.

|

Anderson IN

3/25/2012 12:09 PM

When I lived in colorado my Grim Reaper build was stolen out side my quadplex. I asked my sister in law to carry it up the stairs for me because I was getting hit with wicked bad altitude sickness and couldnt drag it up the narrow stairs. Instead of grabbing a bike that weighed 20 pounds she locked it up with a braided cable to a wooden porch. When I woke up a few hours after passing out I asked her where my bike was and she said it was out side. So after I raged i went down to discover a cut braided cable and no bike.

|

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

3/25/2012 12:28 PM

My bike got stolen when i was in 8th grade like the very beginning of 8th grade. I left my garage door open while i went inside, not smart. Go back outside into my garage to find no bike. I thought my friends were messing around with me so i thought that they took it. After calling them to see if they did, I found out that they did not. Told my dad and we immediately got in the car to go look for the bastard. We found him like a mile away on the main street. That fucker was trying to pedal sitting down on my slammed seat. It was some like 19 year old fuck head whose pants were sagging down to his knees. My dad pulled over straight police status like not parallel to the curb and threw the dude off of my bike. we called the cops but they said that he could not do anything because we do not have proof that it was mine. Stoked i got it back though.

|

3/25/2012 2:53 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

My bike got stolen when i was in 8th grade like the very beginning of 8th grade. I left my garage door open while i went inside, not smart. Go back outside into my garage to find no bike. I thought my friends were messing around with me so i thought that they took it. After calling them to see if they did, I found out that they did not. Told my dad and we immediately got in the car to go look for the bastard. We found him like a mile away on the main street. That fucker was trying to pedal sitting down on my slammed seat. It was some like 19 year old fuck head whose pants were sagging down to his knees. My dad pulled over straight police status like not parallel to the curb and threw the dude off of my bike. we called the cops but they said that he could not do anything because we do not have proof that it was mine. Stoked i got it back though.

Damn dude, I'm glad you found it and got it back though. Funny thing is, I was in Riverside for spring break, and that's where it got stolen.

|

Formerly easternbmx55
BIKE CHECK
How To Re-Cover A Seat

3/25/2012 3:04 PM

im gonna hook up a taser to my brake lever when i wanna go in a store. stores don't really care about me walking my bike through the store cause i tell them my tires go over the same stuff my shoes do. except for walmart, theyre assholes

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

3/25/2012 5:09 PM

it really makes me cry....

|

HELLLLLL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ARGENITA

3/25/2012 6:01 PM

Me and my buddy got are bikes taken about a gang of kids I was 12 he was 11 and there was 9 kids over 16. It was as gay as gay semen

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

3/25/2012 6:18 PM

ZackRidesATierra wrote:

Damn dude, I'm glad you found it and got it back though. Funny thing is, I was in Riverside for spring break, and that's where it got stolen.

damn haha should have hit me up.

|

3/25/2012 9:00 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

ZackRidesATierra wrote:

RiverSideRider wrote:

damn haha should have hit me up.

Ha yeah man I should have, but I haven't even been on Vital at all lately so I never thought about it. If you're close to UCR at all I guess you could still keep an eye out for me? Here's my most recent setup, but it has brakes now

|

Formerly easternbmx55
BIKE CHECK
How To Re-Cover A Seat

3/25/2012 10:10 PM

ZackRidesATierra wrote:

Ha yeah man I should have, but I haven't even been on Vital at all lately so I never thought about it. If you're close to UCR at all I guess you could still keep an eye out for me? Here's my most recent setup, but it has brakes now

did you move out here or what? are you on a trip? i love ucr haha those 10 rails are fun af.

|

3/25/2012 10:12 PM

I was just there staying at my girlfriend's house out there for spring break, I still live here in Arizona

|

Formerly easternbmx55
BIKE CHECK
How To Re-Cover A Seat

3/25/2012 10:14 PM

yes i will keep an eye out for you.

|

3/25/2012 10:16 PM

Thanks so much man

|

Formerly easternbmx55
BIKE CHECK
How To Re-Cover A Seat

3/25/2012 11:17 PM

mine did a few months back... right under a few cameras... 8 around it, but "they didnt see it" in other words didnt look and was making a sandwich when i asked... and well i hope i find it over the summer... i already got a new one so if i get it back ill prolly give it to one of my buddies to learn to ride on

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/26/2012 6:10 AM

Mine was stolen about 6 months ago. I was down at a local spot bmxers and skaters built up on a old tennis court, i set my bike down for maybe 5 minutes to grab my bookbag and this little black kid came out of no where, hopped on my bike and peaced with it. I chased him but i couldnt run as fast as my bike. I called the cops and filed a report, called up the companies where i got my parts from and got receipts for all the shit i had bought. Called up my insurance and gave them a copy of the police report along with all the receipts for the parts. 3 weeks later i had a check for $1200 sent to me.

Your bike should have been covered under your homeowners insurance if it was in your truck.

|

3/26/2012 6:15 AM

bmx4orlife wrote:

my bike was almost stolen when i was about 10 feet away... i ran and caught with him and punched him in the face and took my bike back... not really a cool story cuz it was a kid that was about 3 years younger then me...

I say cool story lol you stuck it to that d bag!

|

Just send it!

3/26/2012 6:39 AM

And this is why I do not leave my bike out of my sight, use a bike look if for the slightest chance I do have to leave it out of my sight and never let other people ride my bike.

|

3/26/2012 8:08 AM

Around October of last year(2010) I left my T1 outside Taco Bell like I always do and kept and eye on it, but I guess that split second I didn't look it was gone... So bummed I had just gotten new tires for it and I got some parts that I'd probably have trouble finding now a days.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Then I don't know if you would consider this getting a bike stolen but right after I got my T1 stolen I tried to get a nice used bike off of Bikeguide. Found a dude selling a Dak so I sent him a money order for 350 without the wheels and seat. Dude lost contact but with investigation I found out he sold the same bike to another member and didn't even send him the bike. Filed all sorts of claims and reported him to all sorts of fraud agencies. The other dude who got scammed actually went to Medford, NY and talked to the kids mom and then she ended up giving him one of his better bikes! I got fucked in the end but it was a lesson learned.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

I was able to get a decent build going though thanks to a few good friends of mine.

|

3/26/2012 9:34 AM

I got my bike stolen 3 times. i got parts from one, then i got my new bike back the next day, then it got stolen again 3 or 4 weeks ago, and i got it back saturday. I was chillin with my friend from outtah town and seen someone on my bike, they didnt paint it or anything other then replacing the bars forks and front wheel. I through a rock at the guy as he hit a quarter, he landed on his nuts then i took off with my bike (: CSB i know.

|

"I'd rather grind a rail then be in heaven" ~ Garrett Reynolds!
text ~ 269-262-8763
Refs:
]3ig-]2ob-352, Harry95, Abod, legendsx23, fitbike7447, iridebmxerveryday(x3),
TheKinker2010, Billizle, dave805, RedCrayon, dk disaster.

3/26/2012 10:50 AM

before i started riding i had some mongoose pos stolen out of my garage. i think i was 12. then next day, the dumb fuck rode it to my school, i saw it at lunch locked up, so i walked to my house, which was like a 2 minute walk, came back with my dad's hacksaw and got my shit back

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

3/27/2012 2:52 AM

I had my 2009 mongoose rogue, with 9t odyssey hazard back wheel and couple extra's stolen from my back yard.

|

AUSSIE PRIDE!
Email: Turtled@hotmail.com.au

Buying Refs: Dee Hos, SuperStarDK
Selling Refs: