Anyone Know How To Get The Snapped Pinchbolt off ?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/5/2014 9:38 AM

I Had To cut off the pinch bolt off my one cranks arm because it was badly stripped ,anyone know how to get the bolt out ? i tried using vice grips and everything,btw the cranks are eastern motley's Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Dshiznit.

11/5/2014 9:46 AM

Damn I had a problem similar to yours like 3 weeks ago. Shop tried charging me $100 so I said screw that. I couldnt get my bolt out so luckily a friend had some spare cranks. But using a dremel and drill a slit down the back side. Then use a knife or a flat head screw driver to screw it out.

|

Smoke Drink Die

11/5/2014 9:48 AM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Damn I had a problem similar to yours like 3 weeks ago. Shop tried charging me $100 so I said screw that. I couldnt get my ...more

damn bud ,ill have to try that,ill let you know how it goes

|

Dshiznit.

11/5/2014 10:13 AM

Drill it out

|

We out here breathing. -Bert

11/5/2014 11:00 AM

iFit wrote:

Drill it out

this, just drill it out and tap in some new thread if you can...

if not you might have to take it to an lbs or someone that can

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/5/2014 12:36 PM

Use bolt extractor kit or even weld an.allen key on

|

11/5/2014 4:18 PM

Just drill it out. isnt hard at all! Just need a little thing to tap a notch into it, then drill a hole and itll twist out. Simple.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/5/2014 4:50 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Damn I had a problem similar to yours like 3 weeks ago. Shop tried charging me $100 so I said screw that. I couldnt get my ...more

ive used the dremel slotting tip for years with countersunk screws in offroad r/c car chassis. works like a charm every damn time

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/5/2014 5:19 PM

Put the other half of the broken bolt back in and try screwing it through, if you're lucky it'll catch and push the other half out

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

11/6/2014 4:53 AM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

ive used the dremel slotting tip for years with countersunk screws in offroad r/c car chassis. works like a charm every damn ...more

This, and for the person without a dremel, a hacksaw can slot it well too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/6/2014 7:31 AM

Thanks Everyone For The Suggestions ,I Got it out another way with a really skinny needle nose pliers,their was a little lip of the bolt in the middle of the pinch bolt left,just unscrewed it from there

|

Dshiznit.