Anyone have this stem or know anything about it?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/11/2013 12:36 AM

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/11/2013 6:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2013 6:44 AM

its cast alluminum. So kind of a con. But for the price and no 12 ft drops its like running a stock stem. Most likely will slip here and their. id put money on it.

|

9/11/2013 6:52 AM

I ran the Subrosa Hold Tight stem, which is very similar, and had no troubles at all.

|

9/11/2013 7:56 AM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

its cast alluminum. So kind of a con. But for the price and no 12 ft drops its like running a stock stem. Most likely will ...more

What evidence do you have that it will slip easily?

|

9/11/2013 8:03 AM

Didint say it. I was betting on it.

|

9/11/2013 4:29 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

its cast alluminum. So kind of a con. But for the price and no 12 ft drops its like running a stock stem. Most likely will ...more

BMX_Forever wrote:

Probably that it is cast and not CNC'd.

Cast parts typically are lower cost to manufacture, making them lower cost but also lower quality.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/11/2013 5:47 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Cast parts typically are lower cost to manufacture, making them lower cost but also ...more

This x1,000,000

I don't like Cast or Cold Forged stems. CNC is all i'll run.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

9/11/2013 5:50 PM

Looks like its about the same quality as the Sunday freeze.......
Dont know anyone riding one though.

|

9/11/2013 8:24 PM

I don't know but for the price and look, I'd definitely get it! How new is this? It has a recessed compression bolt top.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/11/2013 11:43 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Cast parts typically are lower cost to manufacture, making them lower cost but also ...more

Yeah I know that, but I wouldn't of thought that it would have less knurling or anything that would make it more likely to slip. Easier to break yes, but I don't see why it would slip easier.

|

9/12/2013 12:19 AM

Shadow Ravager TL stem is probably what I'll get

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars