Anyone know the model of this frame?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2018 8:15 PM

Photo

A friend of mine dropped it off at my warehouse for something to kinda just mess around with, I’m gonna fix it up but I am also wondering, anyone know the exact model of this frame? I’m not expecting something just flat out crazy but being a midschool era bike I’m thinking it’s chromoly. It honestly doesn’t feel like a midschool hi tensile steel POS like they did back then.
|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/10/2018 8:35 PM

Looks like a 2006 Hoffman Rhythm el1

check it/compare it against the photos here, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is since it's got Hoffman stickers/logos in the same spots

https://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/hoffman/41089/2

|

4/10/2018 8:39 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Looks like a 2006 Hoffman Rhythm el1

check it/compare it against the photos here, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is since it's got Hoffman stickers/logos in the same spots

https://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/hoffman/41089/2

I looked it up and figured it was probably that too, but anything between 2004 and 2009 is a fuzzy area for me so I’m not certain.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/10/2018 8:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2018 8:54 PM

Looks like it has a chromo downtube... forks and bars are full chromo though, looks like I found a temporary replacement to get my dyno detour running for a little bit until I get those fastpitch forks and redneck flt for my current g-whip.
I do hope it’s the PL1 though, because that frame is full chromo. I’ll look at the serial tomorrow and see.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/10/2018 9:12 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

Looks like it has a chromo downtube... forks and bars are full chromo though, looks like I found a temporary replacement to get my dyno detour running for a little bit until I get those fastpitch forks and redneck flt for my current g-whip.
I do hope it’s the PL1 though, because that frame is full chromo. I’ll look at the serial tomorrow and see.

the PL1 has an integrated headtube so it's definitely not that, I'd say it's most likely a Rhythm EL1, the pics/parts match up with it

could email the serial to Hoffman to be 100% though

|

4/10/2018 9:48 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about the material. Frames were built like tanks then because we were men and weight wasn't an issue. I never saw many people break frames whether they be part Hi ten or full chromo. Hi Ten is just shitter now because they try to match the weight of chromo frames the best they can.

|

4/11/2018 6:23 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

jbales wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about the material. Frames were built like tanks then because we were men and weight wasn't an issue. I never saw many people break frames whether they be part Hi ten or full chromo. Hi Ten is just shitter now because they try to match the weight of chromo frames the best they can.

Yeah, It's probably gonna get used as a flatland bike anyways, just another bike to dick around on.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/11/2018 11:09 AM

Took a look at the bottom bracket at turns out the model code is on there. It’s an EL1

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican