Anyone know were to get old bike frames that are new for cheap.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2019 5:21 PM

I am looking for a haro master freestyle, redline rl-20 hutch trickstar or gt pro performer frame set. Hopefully it is not old and original because that is way out of my price range, looking for it to be under 200$.

|

1/20/2019 5:33 PM

Photo
|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

1/20/2019 6:23 PM

Try BMX museum and good luck with the 200 dollar part.

|

1/20/2019 7:56 PM

Midschool bmx groups on Facebook, bmxmuseum, eBay. And just keep looking until something comes up

|

1/21/2019 5:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2019 5:39 AM

Good luck.... & I'm saying that with as much "eye-roll" as I can thru text.blink

The frames you listed are very sought after by collectors. You aren't the first. Like everyone said, you can check with BMXmuseum but they all know what they have & they all think their bikes are made of featherlight gold.

Lastly, I'm confused by your "Hopefully it is not old and original because that is way out of my price range, looking for it to be under 200$". The only way you will touch any of those frames at anywhere near $200 is if they ARE old and original..... AND beat to shit. A pristine example will be well above the $200 mark for the fork, let alone a frameset. And if you don't want old, you'll have to go with a reproduction version which are also $600-$700 above the $200 mark.

|

1/21/2019 6:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2019 6:38 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Good luck.... & I'm saying that with as much "eye-roll" as I can thru text.blink

The frames you listed are very sought after by collectors. You aren't the first. Like everyone said, you can check with BMXmuseum but they all know what they have & they all think their bikes are made of featherlight gold.

Lastly, I'm confused by your "Hopefully it is not old and original because that is way out of my price range, looking for it to be under 200$". The only way you will touch any of those frames at anywhere near $200 is if they ARE old and original..... AND beat to shit. A pristine example will be well above the $200 mark for the fork, let alone a frameset. And if you don't want old, you'll have to go with a reproduction version which are also $600-$700 above the $200 mark.

I can’t see why you’d be confused. He just wants an old bike frame that’s new. Not an old and original old one. A new old one that’s original. Pretty simple.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

1/21/2019 6:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2019 6:44 AM

Never fails. Log onto vital after a weekend and BAM! Someone comes up for air from the spray paint sock long enough to ask for a used new original old school frame.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/21/2019 1:41 PM

Obviously none of those are made anymore, so for the Haro try either the Haro lineage version or a Subrosa DTT... GT have reissued the performer but only as a complete ($500+)… the Colony Prody is an option as it has the standing platform, but not the bend in the down tube...

Building up an old style frame will cost a fortune and ride like crap (1" forks, poor brakes and odd geo etc..), so best buying a new frame which looks retro...

|

1/21/2019 7:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2019 8:09 PM

phildaw1972 wrote:

Obviously none of those are made anymore, so for the Haro try either the Haro lineage version or a Subrosa DTT... GT have reissued the performer but only as a complete ($500+)… the Colony Prody is an option as it has the standing platform, but not the bend in the down tube...

Building up an old style frame will cost a fortune and ride like crap (1" forks, poor brakes and odd geo etc..), so best buying a new frame which looks retro...

They do make reissues of the Haro Master and Sport, as well as the Hutch Trick Star. All three have modern geometry, integrated headsets and euro BB's. So IF someone were to build up a reissue, I think it would handle well and be fully capable.

|

1/22/2019 4:17 AM

You need some new old stock? I can get you some new old stock. Heck...I can get you some new old stock IN PACKAGING by 3:00

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram