Anyone know what hub this is?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/28/2015 1:03 PM

the previous owner sanded away any markings and origianl paint so i have no idea what brand it is. what i do know is that it has 48h with a 9t driver.Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

10/28/2015 1:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/28/2015 1:17 PM

Odyssey Hazard!
Photo

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

10/28/2015 1:30 PM

cro tec wrote:

Odyssey Hazard!
Photo

but that driver seems larger

|

10/28/2015 1:59 PM

That is a 2 piece driver, they were common when gearing finally made it under 13t in freestyle (freewheels were not able to get any smaller than a 13t and those blew up all the time).

A different driver is in yours, a 1 piece driver to allow for smaller than 12t gearing. You have a 9 tooth driver.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/28/2015 2:22 PM

I was gonna say Hazard as well, one of the older ones anyway.

Could very well just be a stock hub as well since a lot of hubs that looked like that were just Joytech clones anyway and the locknut on your hub looks a little different than the Odyssey one.

|

10/28/2015 3:12 PM

i got this hub for free. guess ill just discard it

|

10/28/2015 3:28 PM

elotedog wrote:

i got this hub for free. guess ill just discard it

No sense in doing that... It's still a sealed bearing 9t cassette. Keep it as a spare or give it to someone in need of a hub

|

10/28/2015 7:31 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

No sense in doing that... It's still a sealed bearing 9t cassette. Keep it as a spare or give it to someone in need of a hub

its missing pawls. i was trying to figure out what hub it is to get them replaced. my friend has a hazard hub and the bodies are not the same. mine has a steeper slope on the shell.

|

10/28/2015 8:21 PM

elotedog wrote:

its missing pawls. i was trying to figure out what hub it is to get them replaced. my friend has a hazard hub and the bodies ...more

It looks identical to a joytech clone meaning ones like this should fit it.

Or you could pop the driver out and post pics and we can confirm that.

|

10/28/2015 8:30 PM

elotedog wrote:

its missing pawls. i was trying to figure out what hub it is to get them replaced. my friend has a hazard hub and the bodies ...more

Send it to me!!

|

please embed videos

My art c:

[b]

10/28/2015 8:30 PM

yes...
ODYSSEY HAZARD V2
Photo

|

please embed videos

My art c:

[b]

10/28/2015 9:07 PM

^^^ Looks like the slant in the hub is a bit wider/not as steep as his

It could be a number of hubs really seeing as how A LOT of hubs use that exact same style & look with very minimal tweaks

Here's just a few, even have the same style locknut.

Mosh cassette
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Dimension cassette
Photo

Stolen Roulette cassette
Photo

Mission React cassette
[LINK TO IMAGE]

United Supreme cassette
Photo

The above 3 aren't available in 48 but you get the idea... But what do all of these have in common? Same internals. Meaning OP like I said previously, you could just get Odyssey pawls (Not the Antigram ones though) or another brand that uses Odyssey Hazard/Joytech internals, and use those.

|

10/28/2015 11:47 PM

ill take it apart tomorrow and post pics if that would help

|

10/29/2015 7:44 AM

I have a 4 pawl driver without bearings just hanging out in my tool box at home. I'll try to remember posting a pic later.

Also have your buddy with a Hazard cassette pull his driver out and try to pop it on this hub, see if it fits.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/29/2015 6:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/29/2015 6:54 PM

didnt take it apart since i didnt have the correct size tool to keep the axel from spinning whilst i try to loosen the bolts. ill keep trying

|

10/30/2015 7:15 AM

elotedog wrote:

didnt take it apart since i didnt have the correct size tool to keep the axel from spinning whilst i try to loosen the bolts. ...more

Take your wheel out of your fork, tighten the NON drive side so the axle nut is on the INSIDE of a fork dropout, and then remove the lock nut holding the driver in.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/1/2015 11:54 AM

i managed to get the driver out and have new info. some of it useful other not so much. its a 4 Pawl hub. japan bearings. the bearings are black. and they say EZO

|

11/2/2015 6:26 AM

4 Pawl is essentially a Joytech clone, so pretty much everything above would line up. I would bet either a stock one sanded down to hide the stock-ness, or a legit odyssey.

The sharpness of the angle where it gets thinner tells me either Odyssey or Mosh if it is only the options posted. Probably odyssey.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/25/2017 11:50 AM

high, it's a little late to post but I have a 2011 Mirraco. Bronson, and the rear hub on that looks the same....it's a black label rim with a gold 9t driver....from my research i think its a mission hub or a joytech hub.........yours is most likely odyssey like others are saying.

|

10/25/2017 12:22 PM

josh 420 95 wrote:

high, it's a little late to post but I have a 2011 Mirraco. Bronson, and the rear hub on that looks the same....it's a black ...more

Way to bring a thread back to life! On another note, I'd say it's older. It's a 48 spoke hub.

|