Anyone know what this sound is?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/26/2020 10:37 AM

I recently purchased this stolen freecoaster wheel and haven’t even been able to ride it yet? It’s not rubbing on anything and I don’t ride breaks. Any help would be greatly appreciated 😎🤘🏻

|

5/26/2020 10:39 AM

What color is this?

|

5/26/2020 11:08 AM

|

5/26/2020 11:44 AM

I watched the video. That sounds exactly like the tire rubbing on the chainstay. If you pause it a .58 seconds you can almost see the tire hitting the stay.

|

5/26/2020 11:54 AM

I can see where ya see its close at .58 but its definitely not touching, in the video I don’t have it lined up perfectly as I took my chain off and didn’t crank down on the bolts but I checked many times, it’s not touching. Someone said maybe loosening the cone nut??

|

5/26/2020 12:20 PM

brittler86 wrote:

I can see where ya see its close at .58 but its definitely not touching, in the video I don’t have it lined up perfectly as I took my chain off and didn’t crank down on the bolts but I checked many times, it’s not touching. Someone said maybe loosening the cone nut??

Gotcha, I wouldn’t be able to offer any other advice then, we’ll aside from taking it to your local shop. The tire rubbing was my first thought. Good luck and hopefully you figure it out and fix it.

|

5/26/2020 1:48 PM

For sure, thanks for the input man!

|

5/26/2020 11:30 PM

Sounds like a bearing issue, perhaps not enough grease, or not a good enough grease.

Does it happen when you spin forwards and back? How about when the clutch is engaged/disengaged?

|

Come back with a warrant.

5/27/2020 5:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2020 5:16 AM

Take the wheel out and spin it by hand and see if that noise is gone.

Sounds like a slight wobble of the tire/rim and buzzing frame. COULD be engaged JUST a little bit and the clutch is touching the clutch ring inside the hub (assuming KHE internals) I also know Stolen had a pawl/spring style coaster back in the day.

Could need to be disengaged by twisting the driver.

But the rub sound is in one or two spots of a wheel rotation which would indicate some sort of wobble. Take the wheel off the bike, spin it by hand or actually center it in the frame THEN spin it again.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura