Anyone riding New Balances?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/23/2013 5:42 PM

haha serious. If you didn't know they started marking skate shoes. Just checked the site out today and they have grip really similar to Vans waffle. And if I know NB, they make some comfy ass shoes. Gonna buy a pair soon and give my review as soon as I can... probably be a few weeks. Just wanted to see if anyone else was on these yet?

|

10/23/2013 5:57 PM

link?

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

10/23/2013 6:44 PM

LOL fuck that.

|

10/23/2013 6:59 PM

You can ride your bike and go running when ever you want haha

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/23/2013 8:20 PM

Heres a link to their page, http://www.newbalancenumeric.com/index.html

Looks pretty good actually. Would probably wear them if the logo wasen't ugly and my friends wouldn't chop on me haha

|

Im 15 years old, I suck at BMX, I live in Texas.

That's all.

10/23/2013 8:25 PM

those are running shoes

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

10/23/2013 8:34 PM

I will try those when my nike blazers wear out

|

10/23/2013 8:34 PM

I'd be willing to try out the quincy in black suede depending on the price, probably wouldn't spend more than $50

|

10/23/2013 8:35 PM

They look like a weird ass mixture of Vans and Roshe Runs

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/23/2013 10:15 PM

I seriously should have just bought the bloody Logans instead of Vans.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

10/23/2013 10:20 PM

They don't look bad, but the era/generation we live in, kids and everyone else would make fun of us for wearing "nerdy" shoes.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

10/24/2013 8:17 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

They don't look bad, but the era/generation we live in, kids and everyone else would make fun of us for wearing "nerdy" shoes.

Those kids are stupid.

I would give em a go if they were under 45 a pair. Anyone find pricing?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/24/2013 10:22 AM

Wish they had some mids or hightops

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/24/2013 10:48 AM

I wear Almonds, but I've worn Sauconys to ride also.

|

10/24/2013 11:01 AM

My thoughts on this is they're a fuckin joke. New balance trying to make money of skaters/bmxers making generic ass shoes. That shit makes it hard for real companies like es,adio or lotek(even if the current shoes do suck) make it. I mean nike is one thing but I think I'll leave new balance to the hipsters and senior citizens or something and give money to real companies.

|

10/24/2013 1:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/24/2013 1:36 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

My thoughts on this is they're a fuckin joke. New balance trying to make money of skaters/bmxers making generic ass shoes. That shit makes it hard for real companies like es,adio or lotek(even if the current shoes do suck) make it. I mean nike is one thing but I think I'll leave new balance to the hipsters and senior citizens or something and give money to real companies.

God knows how long it took me to write this so I hope someone takes the time to read it...

^I knew someone would bring this up and I almost wrote in the OP not to talk about this but I thought I'd take my chances by not even reminding people.

Yes New Balance is trying to make money because guess what, that's what EVERY company is trying to do. And I think you're mistaking "generic" for New Balance's style. These shoes are no different than the ones they've been making for over a century. It's not like they didn't know how to design a skate shoe so they made it generic looking so everyone could instantly identify that it was a skate shoe. Their shoes have always been in a similar aesthetic and their Numeric line is no different.

New Balance keeps it real, their quality has always been faithful and their prices, typically low. They are one of few big sneaker companies today that can say they make their products in the US. The non-US made ones are mostly made in the UK. Many of the"real" skate companies we want to support make their products in China or elsewhere exploiting cheap labour, which is another lengthy discussion I would not like to get into.

The "technology" of the NB shoes appears to be pretty good as well so I wouldn't call it generic in that aspect.

Back when skateboarding first started many people actually skated in Nikes and adidas... Even though Nike and adidas didn't make skate specific shoes back then, they were still a big part of sneaker culture and thus people still skated them.
New Balance is just making a freaking shoe, but this time, a skate shoe. They've been making shoes for over a century and will continue to.

As for Adio, Nike tried making skate shoes before Adio was even founded. And what makes a company a "real" skate company anyways? One that is owned and operated by real riders? Has the thought ever occurred to you that those "real" riders are not out to make money themselves? You could possibly argue that their intentions are purer but then you could also argue that ethical purity cannot be quantified, something is either done altruistically or for your own benefit. You could even argue that charity is not altruistic because in return you get the feeling of helping someone else or even social recognition from others. But once again those are other lengthy topics.. What I'm trying to get at is the whole debate about companies is S T U P I D.

I'm poor as fuck, I need a shoe that is durable and one that will last me. If eS could keep up and make better quality shoes they wouldn't have disappeared. I can't buy a shoe that lasts me a month just to support "real" riders who want my money. I have to look out for my feet and my wallet before some skate company. It's business, not a charity. If you can't put out a quality product it's not my job to give you money to keep trying. Many skate companies started by making parts, then branched into skate shoes/clothing. How is that different from a shoe company branching out into skate shoes? Skateboard company -> making shoes, shoe company - > making shoes.

Also I wrote about this earlier but want to expand on it a little. New Balance is American and UK made, so while I want to support my wallet and my feet, do you not also want to support your own country and not encourage penny salaries which is a much bigger issue than how "real" some skate companies are? Off topic now: Most people I know are against the cheap labour, I for one am actually fairly neutral towards it. Reason is, if Nike were to make their products in the US because of overwhelming backlash, laws, or whatever it took, the people in those poorer countries would be out of work. Now I wish they could get paid more, but that's not happening and I'd rather them have work and a penny to eat than nothing at all. Remember, if they didn't need the money they would quit. Tough world.

And to end this all, you could also argue that companies like Nike have supported skateboarding more than some of the other companies. They have sponsored many skaters and I'm sure they pay them more than other companies giving them the opportunity to skate as a job and many cameramen to film as a job. They've also brought business to many skate shoes by giving them super popular shoes to sell. They've also opened up skateboarding to a broader audience. They host events and jams and all this crap. The small company is the guy who really cares about animal cruelty (even though there is a monetary desire but let's not get into that again, just go along with it for example sake...), and Brad Pitt is the guy who donated 1 million to the charity to get good publicity. One may arguably have better intentions but in reality Brad Pitt has done more. Stop the hate, it's stupid.

|

10/24/2013 1:54 PM

I love New Balance, as does anyone who has ever laced up a pair of their running shoes after running in any other brand. I would absolutely buy some. I bought some Nikes and the area that flexes when you walk had holes worn through the right shoe within a month. The other shoe still looks new. Wtf to that! I hope they make miss or high tops.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/24/2013 1:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/24/2013 2:02 PM

I read half that. a real skate company is one owned by real skaters and same with a bmx company. I don't mind Nike because youre right they've made skate shoes a long time. But who the fuck really wears addidas, puma, converse, and new balance? I'd buy a pair of etnies, lakai, lotek, circa or emericas over that shit any day. I cant be lookin wack. New balance is for old men. Obviously companies goals are to make money but i rather give my money to a legit skate company than one who specials in running shoes.

|

10/24/2013 2:07 PM

New balances are wack...

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

10/24/2013 2:26 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

I read half that. a real skate company is one owned by real skaters and same with a bmx company. I don't mind Nike because youre right they've made skate shoes a long time. But who the fuck really wears addidas, puma, converse, and new balance? I'd buy a pair of etnies, lakai, lotek, circa or emericas over that shit any day. I cant be lookin wack. New balance is for old men. Obviously companies goals are to make money but i rather give my money to a legit skate company than one who specials in running shoes.

This just gave me cancer.

On topic- I don't like how they look. If they came out with more of a variety of skate product I would definitely try them. Mid/high top and maybe a bit thicker.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/24/2013 2:36 PM

So original and funny i forgot to laugh^

|

10/24/2013 2:41 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

So is having "69" in your name LOL

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

10/24/2013 2:52 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

So is having "69" in your name LOL

What can I say? I like the 69. If you want to talk names you have "hard" in your name without "nh" posted after it thats pretty homo.

|

10/24/2013 2:55 PM

Hard as a rock m8!

|

10/24/2013 3:03 PM

So I am just saying that Nike tried to cash in on the skateboard side back in about 99 or so and FAILED MISERABLY.

Then when skating and BMX blew up more, they got into it and did a better job.

I had a pair of the first attempt nike skate shoes and they fell apart after 3 weeks of walking in my school. No riding, no skateboarding, just walking.

So when other bigger companies get in, it is hit or miss, BUT if they do a decent job, good deal, more options, and maybe new shoe tech to make it better all around.

It typically doesnt hurt the other companies as they have their followers that will always support them, and trends will also help.

I remember when Vans were AWFUL for BMX.

Times change.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/24/2013 5:08 PM

They look like fucking Nike's? I'd rather get Vans Half Cabs or Nike Mavericks.

But for people who like New Balance thats dope. Good to see brands trying to reach our sport smile

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short