Anyone scooter and bmx?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/29/2017 6:35 PM

I do both but I’m finding myself in the predicament where I have not a lot of money and a broken front wheel on my bmx and a chunked back wheel and cracked scooter deck. What do you guys do- I’m 13 and it’s hard to make money

|

10/29/2017 6:55 PM

Mow lawns, do yard work...find elderly people who need a hand with moving stuff....there are many ways for a young'n to make money. You might also be able to find a small, mom and pop kind of store that might pay you to do light clean up work or stocking shelves. When I was 13 (in the 80's), I actually lucked out and got a "job" in the bike shop where we bought all of our bike stuff. I basically cleaned up, emptied boxes and stocked shelves, and delivered repaired bikes. I got some money as well as a lot of free stuff from the shop. It helped me buy my own first good bike.

Then, get rid of the scooter, and spend your money on the bike!

(You are not going to find a lot of scooter love on this site!!!)

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/29/2017 7:01 PM

13 seems like the ripe age to sell that scooter and put the money into your bike

|

10/29/2017 7:53 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

Mow lawns, do yard work...find elderly people who need a hand with moving stuff....there are many ways for a young'n to make money. You might also be able to find a small, mom and pop kind of store that might pay you to do light clean up work or stocking shelves. When I was 13 (in the 80's), I actually lucked out and got a "job" in the bike shop where we bought all of our bike stuff. I basically cleaned up, emptied boxes and stocked shelves, and delivered repaired bikes. I got some money as well as a lot of free stuff from the shop. It helped me buy my own first good bike.

Then, get rid of the scooter, and spend your money on the bike!

(You are not going to find a lot of scooter love on this site!!!)

I could have guessed that people would hate on the dL but whatever because street bootet gang for life. I do both so if I break a part, I can ride the other while I’m waiting

|

10/29/2017 9:13 PM

I'll get hate but I think scootering is fun and pretty sick when you get decent . Sometimes it's fun putting the bike down and borrowing a scooter to ride from some kid. I'd just get one for jibs or throw in my trunk , but still .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/29/2017 10:22 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I'll get hate but I think scootering is fun and pretty sick when you get decent . Sometimes it's fun putting the bike down and borrowing a scooter to ride from some kid. I'd just get one for jibs or throw in my trunk , but still .

Basically me

|

10/30/2017 12:09 AM

I'm still an avid scooter rider. My identity at my local is a scooter rider, not a BMX rider. I don't care how people see me based on purely what I ride, they'll never know how much fun I'm having.

But I agree, just find work. Many times, the simple tasks can do the trick.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

10/30/2017 1:22 AM

Ride whatever makes you happy, wgaf what anyone else thinks, I ride a DJ and bmx now and tbh having more fun on the DJ atm

|

Ride till you die

10/30/2017 6:37 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I'll get hate but I think scootering is fun and pretty sick when you get decent . Sometimes it's fun putting the bike down and borrowing a scooter to ride from some kid. I'd just get one for jibs or throw in my trunk , but still .

Joe Breslin wrote:

Basically me

If youre strapped for cash a scooter is simpler and cheaper to maintain.

I like bikes but scooters are cool too. I used to have an original razor when they were all aluminum, custom welded and shipped in peices to america. They were making them out of garages. They are nothing compared to the quality of these newer scooters but they were far above the walmart quality razors nowadays.

I use my bike as transportation as well as fun and I dont think a scooter can provide the same level of transportation since its less efficient to maintain speed having to push forward rather than pedal.

Id say go bike if you ride to school.

|

10/30/2017 9:27 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

Mow lawns, do yard work...find elderly people who need a hand with moving stuff....there are many ways for a young'n to make money. You might also be able to find a small, mom and pop kind of store that might pay you to do light clean up work or stocking shelves. When I was 13 (in the 80's), I actually lucked out and got a "job" in the bike shop where we bought all of our bike stuff. I basically cleaned up, emptied boxes and stocked shelves, and delivered repaired bikes. I got some money as well as a lot of free stuff from the shop. It helped me buy my own first good bike.

Then, get rid of the scooter, and spend your money on the bike!

(You are not going to find a lot of scooter love on this site!!!)

Joe Breslin wrote:

I could have guessed that people would hate on the dL but whatever because street bootet gang for life. I do both so if I break a part, I can ride the other while I’m waiting

I am not saying I am hating..to a point. I more hate the little kids that ride and have no park etiquette...which is more of their parents fault to a point....and I also hate the same kids on BMX's and skateboards too, but it seems like most of them are on scooters.

And like bullettpup, I rode one during college back in the 90's when they first came around. But it was more of a mode of transpo than anything for tricks. I also don't think mine was a garage made one...we all bought them on a whim at a late-night Meijrs store run

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/30/2017 10:05 AM

Mow lawns, rake leaves, shovel snow, wash cars, detail cars, walk dogs, baby sit, ask your parents if they have ideas you can get into, find a local mom and pop wood shop and ask if they need help cleaning up, post an ad on Facebook garage sale pages offering simple services like above.

If you are skilled with bike repairs, offer it up to the locals-charge a few bucks per bike for basic tuning etc.

If you have access to a cricut, make vinyl decals for people with fun designs for a few bucks each.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/30/2017 6:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2017 6:41 PM

some walmart bikes use front wheels that are good-enough. use one of those wheels, service the unsealed bearings. sell your scooter to another 13 year old. tell your mom that you need money for important shit like a functional bmx bike, dont drink sodapop and cook her dinner. dont ride scooters. seriously, theyre hella gay.

|

wallride a bus everyday

10/31/2017 7:49 AM

buttmeate wrote:

some walmart bikes use front wheels that are good-enough. use one of those wheels, service the unsealed bearings. sell your scooter to another 13 year old. tell your mom that you need money for important shit like a functional bmx bike, dont drink sodapop and cook her dinner. dont ride scooters. seriously, theyre hella gay.

Park scooter riders are hella gay*

|

10/31/2017 2:40 PM

Photo
|

wallride a bus everyday

10/31/2017 4:31 PM

buttmeate wrote:

some walmart bikes use front wheels that are good-enough. use one of those wheels, service the unsealed bearings. sell your scooter to another 13 year old. tell your mom that you need money for important shit like a functional bmx bike, dont drink sodapop and cook her dinner. dont ride scooters. seriously, theyre hella gay.

Alright Mr. "I ride flangeless for weight savings"

|