Anyone seen something like this?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/18/2017 9:42 AM

Was looking at my local bike shops for a longer brake cable adjuster but couldn't find anything so I had to make my own (silver). Anyone know where you can get longer than stock adjusters? I added a 1/4 inch to the inside where the cable housing goes and lengthened the threaded portion for more thread engagement.

Photo

|

10/18/2017 10:10 AM

Surely if you need that much adjustment the brake is just poorly set up? Or if you've got a gyro you're using the wrong upper?

|

10/18/2017 10:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2017 10:26 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Surely if you need that much adjustment the brake is just poorly set up? Or if you've got a gyro you're using the wrong upper? ...more

It isn't that, it's that the gyro cable I have is too long so I needed to take up a little cable space compared to housing length. I made the threads longer for two reasons, 1.) For MORE thread engagement so when adjusted out there's still plenty to keep things from getting loose & 2.) I wasn't sure how long I wanted/needed the threaded section so I made it extra long & will trim it down after I get the exact amount I need.

|