Anyone thinking of getting a Bluebird..

Related:
Create New Tag

4/25/2012 4:48 PM

Get that shyte!! I went riding today after a few days of not riding, because of banging my knee really bad.. and within five minutes my drive train skipped a couple times and I heard a clicking noise once every full crank turn.. went a mile and a half to my sisters house.. didn't bother checking it, because I thought maybe it needed some maintenance or whatever.. on the way back home I looked down and saw this.. [LINK TO IMAGE] [LINK TO IMAGE] so I thought "wth?.. I've gotten this far already" so I just kept riding it being prepared to go over the bars if it snaps.. I got all the way home and was still able to mess around in the driveway a little bit before snapping pics.. I've snapped chains before, resulting in a messy spill.. this shyte held on like a soldier.. such a badass chain!!

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

4/25/2012 4:49 PM

I love my Bluebird. I feel like I can trust it, haha. I don't worry about snapping chains anymore.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/25/2012 4:58 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I love my Bluebird. I feel like I can trust it, haha. I don't worry about snapping chains anymore.

Yeah.. the thing is so magnificent.. I'm wondering now if they'll warranty it, since the permanently attached half link is the part that broke.. either way, I definitely want another one..

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

4/25/2012 6:05 PM

ive snapped like 7 kmcs this last month, just bought a pink ass shadow chain just cuz i need a chain to fucking stay.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/25/2012 6:06 PM

That happened to my drop buster and i was riding it around doing brakeless tiretaps and putting a ton of pressure on it and it held up

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

4/25/2012 6:16 PM

i run my bluebird with no halflink

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

4/25/2012 6:21 PM

carjakester wrote:

That happened to my drop buster and i was riding it around doing brakeless tiretaps and putting a ton of pressure on it and it held up

ahh thats good to hear! i have a drop buster...

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

4/25/2012 9:45 PM

future FBM wrote:

ive snapped like 7 kmcs this last month, just bought a pink ass shadow chain just cuz i need a chain to fucking stay.

Where you get the pink shadow chain from?

|

Dade County Barber." ..Aaron Ross Pro Bike Check."

4/25/2012 10:17 PM

chains break

|

twitter

PROBZ

4/25/2012 10:30 PM

Seriously the best chain I've owned. I got it for free after snapping my half link at an indoor park. They had a box full of chains and I managed to find it cut to the perfect length and everything, just had to pop a master link on.

|

4/25/2012 11:05 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

Yeah.. the thing is so magnificent.. I'm wondering now if they'll warranty it, since the permanently attached half link is the part that broke.. either way, I definitely want another one..

no company is going to warranty a chain, you can replace the half link its not permanently attached

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

4/25/2012 11:09 PM

Cjmdawg wrote:

no company is going to warranty a chain, you can replace the half link its not permanently attached

This for fuck sakes. What would ever make you think it is permanently attached?

|

4/25/2012 11:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/25/2012 11:26 PM

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

Cjmdawg wrote:

RiverSideRider wrote:

Funny story, just the other day some kid on my facebook friends posted a status along the lines of how he just NOW figured out chains can't have a master link and thought to have a chain without one, meant you had to put the chain in the rear triangle and weld the frame together. FUCKING FACEPALM. I'm trying to find the conversation, he deleted it cause people were making fun of him but I screen shotted it but I can't find it. I'll keep looking though

|

4/25/2012 11:25 PM

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

Cjmdawg wrote:

RiverSideRider wrote:

people are dumb. Thats why i always keep my spare links, you never know when you might need em.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

4/25/2012 11:28 PM

Austin_Read wrote:

people are dumb. Thats why i always keep my spare links, you never know when you might need em.

I ride chains for a loong time, that is if they are not disgusto stretched. I fix my chain when it brakes, not order a new fucking chain like all these pansy bitches. But i have my KHE collapse on the way. Glad i'm getting it back.

|

4/25/2012 11:30 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Funny story, just the other day some kid on my facebook friends posted a status along the lines of how he just NOW figured out chains can't have a master link and thought to have a chain without one, meant you had to put the chain in the rear triangle and weld the frame together. FUCKING FACEPALM. I'm trying to find the conversation, he deleted it cause people were making fun of him but I screen shotted it but I can't find it. I'll keep looking though

He could put both Sheldon Brown and George French out of business with his extensive, groundbreaking knowledge.

|

4/25/2012 11:30 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

4/25/2012 11:33 PM

he then sent me this

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

4/25/2012 11:33 PM

Lol un-fucking-believable ^

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

4/25/2012 11:40 PM

Best shit i've read in a while.

|

4/25/2012 11:45 PM

idiot

|

4/26/2012 1:05 AM

Cjmdawg wrote:

Actually, what I meant is that the one Odyssey uses for the Bluebird is permanently attached, just like it says in the description on the website.. so I wouldn't be able to just get one from them to throw on there.. I would have to get the whole link with the half already attached to it.. I really don't want fock with some generic half link, which would weaken the overall chain.. the rest of the chain is in great condition, so I emailed them with pics asking if I can't get another, if I can at least get one of their half links..

|

-- Jean Rostand

4/26/2012 1:19 AM

I KNOW HALF LINKS ARE NOT PERMANENTLY ATTACHED.. BUT I THOUGHT IF ODYSSEY IS DUMB ENOUGH TO SAY IT IS IN THE ITEM DESCRIPTION F A CHAIN THEY MAKE AND SELL, MAYBE I CAN GET THEM TO SEND ME A NEW ONE!! silly laughing grin silly

How hard is it to understand that I want to get another link with the half attached to it instead of focking with some generic half link like the one I have on there one which probably isn't gonna last as long..
|

-- Jean Rostand

4/26/2012 4:05 AM

future FBM wrote:

i want to see your bike, it sounds colourful w00t

|

parkrat.

4/26/2012 10:31 AM

Ive been running the same one since 2 Christmas's ago, and ive added and taken out links a ton, runs perfect. I've grinded on it a few times too

|

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011
youtube channel: *SUBSCRIBE PLEASE* http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEod1214?feature=mhum
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @eoin_666

4/26/2012 10:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2012 10:55 AM

i've never broken a chain but i think this ones about to go but i've only been running it a few months
my old one was on 33-12 gearing and i dont grind so thats why that didnt snap. im just going to get a cult or an amber chain because they're cheap

|

parkrat.

4/26/2012 12:02 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

According to the description on the Odyssey website, it is permanently attached, so it's my logic, reasoning, and ability to read that makes me think it's permanently attached..

|

-- Jean Rostand

4/26/2012 12:12 PM

"The idea of the pre-installed half link is simple. If you need the half link, than shorten the chain at the other end. If you don’t, than shorten at the half link end." - Description of the chain on Albe's.

|

4/26/2012 12:12 PM

Rstar wrote:

i've never broken a chain but i think this ones about to go but i've only been running it a few months
my old one was on 33-12 gearing and i dont grind so thats why that didnt snap. im just going to get a cult or an amber chain because they're cheap

What hub do you ride that comes in 12t? I searched for a while and couldn't find any..

I wanna go back to 33/12.. or I think I'd prefer 33/11.. I still have my old 33t sprocket from my 2008 Black Pearl in great condition, just gotta get an 11t driver when my 9t dies..

The bluebird is a magnificent chain though, and I like the half link on the chain, because it's beefier than the one I have to use for now which probably.. I don't grind either, but when I ran 33/12 I never even had bad chain wear or stretch.. and the chain that came on the bike never even broke in almost two years of riding it..

|

-- Jean Rostand

4/26/2012 12:16 PM

Austin_Read wrote:

Lol un-fucking-believable ^

My day has been made after reading that. i completely agree with this.. haha! ^

|