Anyone torn their acl?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/11/2010 3:11 PM

i just found out that i have 95% chance i tore my acl, and i was wondering if anyone else one here has, and how long it took to get back on a bike

|

Burn Lexington
Scarlett O'Hara

BIKE CHECK!
SECOND BIKE CHECK!
REFs....
blake el gingero, bsticks, bmx24, irideafly(x2), bigbarsbeard, hcpmicheal(x2), carjakester, 3514eclat, iridebikes07, throwafit, lee_rager, bwenger, aw1234512, kwescottbmx, ecuadevil, ScramHype, dakiddjai93, Spikes5(x3), ultrablade, BEASTASSDICK(x2)

1/11/2010 3:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2010 3:30 PM

my friend has had one since like the beginning of the school year and hes still on a brace

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

1/11/2010 3:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2010 3:36 PM

carjakester wrote:

my friend has had one since like the beginning of the school year and hes still on a brace

this, i tore my mcl years ago and still have knee trouble to this day and acl tears are supposed to be worse. its going to be a longgggggggggg time before you get back to 100% and thats IF you get back to 100%. all depends on how you heal. my Gunner Ssgt tore his about 9 months ago and just started being able to run on it in November and is still in a brace. man i hate to hear that dude that sucks.

|

"13. it was the first time i busted a nut also. i didnt know what the hell happened. the girl was like did you cum in me. I had no idea."

1/11/2010 3:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2010 3:38 PM

my sister tore hers during soccer and she cant play soccer for about 2 1/2 years and needs to be in her brace for 1 year

|

☻/
/▌
/ \
___ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡π̲̲͡|̡̡̡____

This is Bob and his beautiful beach house, copy and paste him on your signature so he can obtain Vital domination!

1/11/2010 9:24 PM

I tore mine took about 3 months till I could ride again, and even longer to get back to 100%.

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

1/11/2010 10:18 PM

did it my sophmore year of highschool, couldnt play soccer for about a year, year after i had to wear a brace on it

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

1/11/2010 10:20 PM

my friend tore his and wore a brace for a month then could do football and lift weights fine WITH THE BRACE STILL ON

|

1/11/2010 10:35 PM

6-9 months depending how bad it is. if its really bad could be a year

|

1/11/2010 11:29 PM

I tore my mpfl (medial patellofemoral ligament, keeps your kneecap from moving side to side) in august 2007 and then broke my kneecap in half in april 2008 and I'm still not 100%. I can ride most of the time without my brace now, but ill never be able to ride hardcore street again, and have to ride with my brace every once in a while.

Knee injuries take forever to heal completly, and most people will reinjure their knee again at some point in life if they remain active.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

1/12/2010 9:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 12:15 AM

The most painful injury I have ever had was when I tore my Gastrocnemius (The larger of the two muscles which attaches above the knee joint and inserts into the heel bone via the achilles tendon). This is what I tore:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

I tore it during a soccer game in high school and was out the entire season. I was able to walk without a brace after 3 months, but was not able to fully use my leg for closer to 6 months. It's really all about how you take to therapy. Everyone is pretty different. I have very strong leg muscles so I was able to heal pretty quickly, but it was very painful for the first few weeks of therapy. I know it's not the ACL, but it is a common injury like the ACL tear. Get therapy, exercise when you feel a little strong too.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

1/12/2010 10:02 AM

BootyBoots wrote:

The most painful injury I have ever had was when I tore my Gastrocnemius (The larger of the two muscles which attaches above the knee joint and inserts into the heel bone via the achilles tendon). This is what I tore:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

I tore it during a soccer game in high school and was out the entire season. I was able to walk without a brace after 3 months, but was not able to fully use my leg for closer to 6 months. It's really all about how you take to therapy. Everyone is pretty different. I have very strong leg muscles so I was able to heal pretty quickly, but it was very painful for the first few weeks of therapy. I know it's not the ACL, but it is a common injury like the ACL tear. Get therapy, exercise when you feel a little strong too.

you couldve just said you tore your calf muscle?

|

ferthebirdz wrote: my pegs are called cranks..

1/12/2010 11:41 AM

gonna be in a wheelchair if you get surgery

|

united states army

refs:nshs2010, carjakester,8=D,orgy,dallybiker45,RedCrayon,Southernrider,thor_davis, Andysubrosa8,gstring02,dirtjumper202,bdk1313,blake el gingero(x2)

1/12/2010 3:41 PM

brentrides wrote:

Yeah, I could have. But when you concentrate on sports related injuries for 7 years you tend to remain technical about it. I have to deal with it on a day to day basis, so it kind of sticks in there as such.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

1/12/2010 3:44 PM

Lots of therapy.

|

Refs: mtorres14, BMXer10, Iridefly, veggie is hot, spikez 5, pythagoras, Blake El Gingero, pcoco, eclat. I have way too many refs to list.
wolfiecatfu@yahoo.com

1/12/2010 3:44 PM

BootyBoots wrote:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

brentrides wrote:

BootyBoots wrote:

Yeah, I could have. But when you concentrate on sports related injuries for 7 years you tend to remain technical about it. I have to deal with it on a day to day basis, so it kind of sticks in there as such.

oh, that makes sense
how old are you by the way?

|

1/12/2010 3:45 PM

brentrides wrote:

BootyBoots wrote:

brentrides wrote:

oh, that makes sense

I am 26 years old.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

1/12/2010 3:48 PM

BootyBoots wrote:

brentrides wrote:

oh, that makes sense

BootyBoots wrote:

I am 26 years old.

so that happened at least 8 years ago or more and it still bothers you?
that blows

|

1/12/2010 3:53 PM

brentrides wrote:

that blows

Oh no, what I was saying is that I deal with sports related injuries on a day to day basis. So I am used to approaching everything in a technical way as part of my job. I am a Kinesiotherapist (Kinesiotherapists are qualified to implement exercise programs designed to reverse or minimize debilitation and enhance the functional capacity of medically stable patients in a wellness, sub-acute, or extended care setting). But I do have some muscle pains sometime.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

1/12/2010 3:59 PM

BootyBoots wrote:

I am 26 years old.

brentrides wrote:

that blows

BootyBoots wrote:

Oh no, what I was saying is that I deal with sports related injuries on a day to day basis. So I am used to approaching everything in a technical way as part of my job. I am a Kinesiotherapist (Kinesiotherapists are qualified to implement exercise programs designed to reverse or minimize debilitation and enhance the functional capacity of medically stable patients in a wellness, sub-acute, or extended care setting). But I do have some muscle pains sometime.

oh, and thanks for definition of kinesiotherapists
i wouldve only know what the "kine" ment haha

|