Anyone watch "Stranger Things"?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/8/2017 9:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2017 9:50 PM

On netflix?

Anyone notice the out of 80's era bmx?

It bothered me, im not positive but one of the bikes appeared to be a 90's bmx.

|

11/8/2017 10:43 PM

Yeah, it's an awesome series. I've seen plenty of guys on Facebook moan about it. The second series isn't as bad with those kinds of errors. Didn't one of them have a clamp on stem and 9t driver or something? Thing is, especially with the budget for the first season, in order to get it era correct they'd have to pay a researcher just to find out what bikes were around, then they'd have to find some for sale to use. It kinda bugged me, but if you let stuff like that bug you it'll ruin the show for you

|

11/8/2017 10:53 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah, it's an awesome series. I've seen plenty of guys on Facebook moan about it. The second series isn't as bad with those ...more

Definitely not a deal breaker but it does pull me out of the story a bit when I see that.

Kids do a good job acting. The adults in the show are very convincing as well, i never feel the camera.

|

11/8/2017 11:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2017 11:04 PM

The white bike, the curly haired kid, Dustin, his bike is the only one that urks me massive, all the other ones are pretty on par for the era... Wynona killing it still... Lydia deetz is my girl lol.

|

11/9/2017 4:30 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

On netflix?

Anyone notice the out of 80's era bmx?

It bothered me, im not positive but one of the bikes appeared to be a ...more

Yep. one of the first things I noticed. sure it looks sorta 80's. But the gearing is a dead giveaway.

|

11/9/2017 4:45 AM

I'm just kind of pissed that the kid stole my paint scheme idea

|

11/9/2017 4:46 AM

TBH I think the fact that there are monsters and an Upside Down that makes me lose belief that I'm watching something from the 80's, not the fact that their bikes aren't from the 80's.

Love the show though.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

11/9/2017 4:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2017 4:50 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

TBH I think the fact that there are monsters and an Upside Down that makes me lose belief that I'm watching something from the ...more

HEY! YOU WEREN'T THERE, MAN! THAT SHIT HAPPENED BACK THEN!!!!

|

11/9/2017 4:51 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

TBH I think the fact that there are monsters and an Upside Down that makes me lose belief that I'm watching something from the ...more

Mishinn_Control wrote:

HEY! YOU WEREN'T THERE, MAN! THAT SHIT HAPPENED BACK THEN!!!!

Haha lolgrin

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/9/2017 9:09 AM

Damn Bulletpup u got a sharp eye lol! This show hella reminds of my childhood when we used to ride all over the place all day! None of this twiddling ur thumbs on an electronics device all day. Awesome series!

|

11/9/2017 10:42 AM

I feel like I've seen the white and black bike before. It's a Walmart bike with the stickers removed.

|

11/9/2017 1:55 PM

I’m definitely a fan of the series, but I had a conversation with my wife about this same issue haha. It just bugs me that they went through the trouble to get period correct 3 Musketeers wrappers, but have a couple bikes with micro drivetrains.

|

11/9/2017 8:24 PM

I mean they literally could have done a casting call on BMXmuseum......

|