Anywhere that sells single pedals?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/8/2017 10:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2017 11:00 AM

Obviously there are used pedals being sold but I was wondering if any online shops have a single pedal option? I havent seen it anywhere...

|

12/8/2017 11:02 AM

Maybe.... but I doubt there are many online. Your best best is at your LBS. I know mine had some stuff but it's hit or miss... usually miss.

|

12/8/2017 11:13 AM

If this is about pedal grinds then I know you can buy all of the parts for jcpcs so you can buy just the worn out side.

|

Hmmm

12/8/2017 10:00 PM

Edman123 wrote:

If this is about pedal grinds then I know you can buy all of the parts for jcpcs so you can buy just the worn out side.

Ive tried those replaceable shell pedals and they feel really odd to me. I did not like them

|

12/9/2017 7:23 AM

Theres no real reason anyone would sell single pedals

|

12/9/2017 7:41 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

This.
1. They come packaged as 2. To cut them out of their package to sell them individually would take away the "newness", and a lot of people would argue they don't hold the same price value out of the packaging.
2. Its like $15 for a set of pedals, just buy both and save your old ones for back ups when you have this issue again.

If you're wearing down one pedal, try getting some thicker ones. Or be like me and my old pals and make a grind plate out of some sheet metal for one side of your pedal

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/9/2017 7:55 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

I dont agree. If that were true, replaceable pedal bodies wouldnt exist.

Some people grind on thier left some on the right and some both. I have found, my right pedal gets the worst of the damage from messing up grinds, for that reason alone it would be benificial to some users.

I have seen a lot of used pedals on ebay, usually just the left one because people have replaced both pedals due to the damage of one.

I personally think it would make a lot of sense to offer individual pedals of the more popular models.

20 bucks a pair 10 bucks for a single.

|

12/9/2017 7:56 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

This.
1. They come packaged as 2. To cut them out of their package to sell them individually would take away the "newness", and a lot of people would argue they don't hold the same price value out of the packaging.
2. Its like $15 for a set of pedals, just buy both and save your old ones for back ups when you have this issue again.

If you're wearing down one pedal, try getting some thicker ones. Or be like me and my old pals and make a grind plate out of some sheet metal for one side of your pedal

I like the grind plate idea. I might try something like that.

|

12/9/2017 8:08 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Some people grind on thier left some on the right and some both. I have found, my right pedal gets the worst of the damage from messing up grinds, for that reason alone it would be benificial to some users.

I have seen a lot of used pedals on ebay, usually just the left one because people have replaced both pedals due to the damage of one.

I personally think it would make a lot of sense to offer individual pedals of the more popular models.

Replaceable pedal bodies exist for expensive, easy to work on pedals. And in the case of the JCPCs, because they are designed to be grinded on & they are extremely easy to replace.

Why would you want to buy a replacement body for a cheap loose ball pedal though? Spend an hour digging out individual ball bearings just to save a few bucks.. I'm cool. Besides, most cheap pedals have a really thin, cheap axle (JCPC uses oversized heat treated axle), you might aswell just replace that too.. no point in a new pedal body if your axle doesn't outlast it.

If you want good pedals with readily available replacement parts, you're gonna have to pay the extra dime for them. Otherwise, buy cheap pedals in pairs like everyone else. I don't really see a point in having 1 new pedal and 1 used pedal anyways.. seems more logical to just have 2 new pedals.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/9/2017 8:40 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Replaceable pedal bodies exist for expensive, easy to work on pedals. And in the case of the JCPCs, because they are designed to be grinded on & they are extremely easy to replace.

Why would you want to buy a replacement body for a cheap loose ball pedal though? Spend an hour digging out individual ball bearings just to save a few bucks.. I'm cool. Besides, most cheap pedals have a really thin, cheap axle (JCPC uses oversized heat treated axle), you might aswell just replace that too.. no point in a new pedal body if your axle doesn't outlast it.

If you want good pedals with readily available replacement parts, you're gonna have to pay the extra dime for them. Otherwise, buy cheap pedals in pairs like everyone else. I don't really see a point in having 1 new pedal and 1 used pedal anyways.. seems more logical to just have 2 new pedals.

I can see that. I suppose I will be the next collector of left pedals. Lol...

|

12/9/2017 9:22 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Haven't looked into it but, it seems it's lucky for me since I grind on the left!

|

12/9/2017 9:24 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

I can see that. I suppose I will be the next collector of left pedals. Lol...

Hey... We can be pedal buddies!

|

12/9/2017 11:48 AM

Either keep one side as your grippy side. Or don't put a pedal down when grinding :D

|