Are Demolition and Volume the same company?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/24/2014 2:23 PM

I know that Sunday and Odyssey are the same company, Subrosa and Shadow are the same company too... Are Volume and Demotion also the same? And what other companies are the same?

|

10/24/2014 2:39 PM

Yes

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

10/24/2014 2:43 PM

kink/mission haro/premium and i think wethepeople/eclat

|

10/24/2014 2:46 PM

joshcooldude wrote:

kink/mission haro/premium and i think wethepeople/eclat

Its wethepeople, eclat, salt, salt plus and almond all owned by wemakethings

|



NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)


10/24/2014 3:10 PM

Primo/Stranger/Lotek wit em too

|

10/24/2014 4:19 PM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

Primo/Stranger/Lotek wit em too

No. Those companies are just distributed by the same place, just like Cult & Primo have a relationship, Stranger & Primo have one as well, but they are not the same. More like how Odyssey ties in with G-Sport, but the two companies are still separate. Integral is/was to Primo like Volume is to Demolition.

FBM - Nice
Fit - S&M - Revenge
Animal - Skavenger
Fly - Suelo
Profile - Madera
Kink - Mission
Shadow - Subrosa - Rant
WeThePeople - Eclat - Salt
Eastern - Nitrous
Haro - Premium


And more I just can't think of offhand

|

10/24/2014 4:32 PM

Thanks guys, i learned something today.

|

Fit wifi, slam bars, demolition stem, shadow seat post, peddals,sprocket ,captive forks.
profile 3 pc cranks, profile mini hubs, odyssey 7ka rims , fit faf white wallz.

10/24/2014 5:26 PM

didn't know any of this... interesting

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

10/24/2014 5:49 PM

I remember when Premium first came out and they were considered better parts than what Haro made at the time... is that still the case? Whereas many of the other companies sell the secondary name parts cheaper. Just wondering.

|

Refs: Ecuadevil, Rollin'on20's, Obiwan Chromoly(x2), Future_D, Joe_Medina, bobPA

10/24/2014 6:05 PM

ak_guero wrote:

I remember when Premium first came out and they were considered better parts than what Haro made at the time... is that still ...more

I would buy a Haro over a premium

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

10/24/2014 6:12 PM

ak_guero wrote:

I remember when Premium first came out and they were considered better parts than what Haro made at the time... is that still ...more

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I would buy a Haro over a premium

This 100x

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/24/2014 6:21 PM

ak_guero wrote:

I remember when Premium first came out and they were considered better parts than what Haro made at the time... is that still ...more

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I would buy a Haro over a premium

bmxsteve99 wrote:

This 100x

This 200x



Premium is just more popular because of Chad Kerley putting his name on everything, but you couldn't pay me to ride a Premium part. Unless we're talking thousands of dollars, then I'd take the money, snap the part after about 3 hours, then go back to my regular parts lololol. But seriously. In my opinion at least, Haro > Premium. But to a lot of people, the Haro name throws them off for some reason, so they like Premium more.

|

10/24/2014 6:22 PM

ak_guero wrote:

I remember when Premium first came out and they were considered better parts than what Haro made at the time... is that still ...more

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I would buy a Haro over a premium

Based on quality? I'm not arguing, just wondering about the differences between the two brands. This is pretty interesting!

|

Refs: Ecuadevil, Rollin'on20's, Obiwan Chromoly(x2), Future_D, Joe_Medina, bobPA

10/24/2014 6:27 PM

ak_guero wrote:

I remember when Premium first came out and they were considered better parts than what Haro made at the time... is that still ...more

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I would buy a Haro over a premium

ak_guero wrote:

Based on quality? I'm not arguing, just wondering about the differences between the two brands. This is pretty interesting!

Yes. Haro actually does a decent job with their shit. Premium over lightens everything, leading to mega snap. Plus Haro isn't nearly as generic as Premium, and I like Haro's team better.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

10/24/2014 6:36 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Yes. Haro actually does a decent job with their shit. Premium over lightens everything, leading to mega snap. Plus Haro isn't ...more

Pretty much.

Anyone remember this thing?

http://www.albes.com/browseproducts/PREMIUM--LOWPEZ-LT--FRAME.html

[LINK TO IMAGE]

3lbs 8oz of pure snappage




|

10/24/2014 7:38 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

This 200x



Premium is just more popular because of Chad Kerley putting his name on everything, but you couldn't pay me to ...more

It's because about 3-4 years ago Haro was a few years behind EVERYONE else and their "higher end" bikes (400-600 dollar completes) were on par with entry to mid level stuff from most other companies. Premium was their sister brand originally created to try new products and be the "trendier" brand that would bring in quick cash, while Haro remained constant in the background. It has since flipped, and more and more riders are going back to Haro (especially with the lineage line) recently, while Premium has become essentially a "fanboy" brand.

They have stepped it up bigtime lately, but I think a lot of that is Dennis Enarson, and Ryan Nyquist. They are out there showing off Haro, and honestly Premium sacrificed a little quality in the name of getting most kids' favorite pro on the team.

I too would get a Lineage over any Premium frame. However my 1948 cranks have been solid for 2+ years now.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/24/2014 10:20 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

This 100x

sundaybmxRR wrote:

This 200x



Premium is just more popular because of Chad Kerley putting his name on everything, but you couldn't pay me to ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

It's because about 3-4 years ago Haro was a few years behind EVERYONE else and their "higher end" bikes (400-600 dollar ...more

This is exactly how I remember the BMX scene 10 years ago, which is why I asked about the difference now. I remember Premium's stuff looked really cool back in 2004. Haro was not coming out with anything innovative at that time. Crazy how things change. Who remembers a company called Dragonfly? Those were popular for a while there too.

|

Refs: Ecuadevil, Rollin'on20's, Obiwan Chromoly(x2), Future_D, Joe_Medina, bobPA

10/25/2014 12:14 AM

Premium is like the OBEY brand of bikes

Haro is oldschool and proven. Seen them shit out too though , it can happen to anyone.

I've also seen the local Wade Danchuk ride an Aurora for like 3+ years and backflip it over 1000 times and it's still going.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/25/2014 5:08 AM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

Primo/Stranger/Lotek wit em too

sundaybmxRR wrote:

No. Those companies are just distributed by the same place, just like Cult & Primo have a relationship, Stranger & ...more

That's not true. Primo, Stranger and Lotek are all owned by the same person: Rich Hirsch.

|

10/25/2014 6:30 AM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

That's not true. Primo, Stranger and Lotek are all owned by the same person: Rich Hirsch.

Any sources on that? Not calling bullshit or being a dick haha, just I don't remember Rich being the owner of Primo. I know all 3 of those including a few other brands are distributed in the same place (Tipplus) but I don't think Rich owns Primo. I know for sure he owns Stranger & Lotek though.


Then again I haven't followed much of Primo since John Richard was apart of it so I could be wrong, I just didn't see anything when I Googled it besides an interview from this April where he was asked something like what it's like managing Lotek/Stranger, but nothing about Primo

|

10/25/2014 7:28 AM

ak_guero wrote:

This is exactly how I remember the BMX scene 10 years ago, which is why I asked about the difference now. I remember Premium's ...more

Dragonfly did some pretty cool innovative stuff! If I recall correctly, they were the first/only company with dual upper gyro cables for a while and they were solid.

How about Drive? Anyone recall Drive? They were super good but shut down a few years back for some reason.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/25/2014 9:25 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I would buy a Haro over a premium

bmxsteve99 wrote:

This 100x

sundaybmxRR wrote:

This 200x



Premium is just more popular because of Chad Kerley putting his name on everything, but you couldn't pay me to ...more

I'm currently running the Premium Gnarstar 28t sprocket and it's great.

|

10/25/2014 10:41 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Dragonfly did some pretty cool innovative stuff! If I recall correctly, they were the first/only company with dual upper gyro ...more

I remember them. Almost bought their frame when I was just starting out, only cause it was orange & I liked the color haha. Opted for the Sunday though.


Friend of mine snapped their forks clean off at the bottom of the steerer tube though

|

10/25/2014 10:42 AM

Used to have drive tires they where so sick

|

10/26/2014 2:11 PM

Don't know if that's enough evidence, but here's Rich talking about the Primo Freemix Wheel: http://bmx.transworld.net/features/one-hot-product-primo-freemix-wheel/

|

10/26/2014 4:00 PM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

Don't know if that's enough evidence, but here's Rich talking about the Primo Freemix Wheel: ...more

Interesting, did not know that. The way it's worded and how they interviewed him to see what they've been working on makes it seem like he is the owner or something now so I guess you're right.





Also to add to the thread, one I just remembered

Profile - Madera - Deco - Country Bikes (assuming Country's still around, I have no clue cause it's been forever since I even thought about them.)

|

10/26/2014 7:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/26/2014 7:42 PM

I don't think deco and profile/ madera are the same group... Cuz deco is owned by chad degroot and profile is not. They are just good friends because they are close to each other and degroot rides for premium.

EDIT!- Degroot rides for PROFILE not premium. I typed it, hit submit and before it even finished loading said oh fuck I messed that up lol

|

10/26/2014 10:42 PM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

Primo/Stranger/Lotek wit em too

sundaybmxRR wrote:

No. Those companies are just distributed by the same place, just like Cult & Primo have a relationship, Stranger & ...more

yupyup.

the more you know lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

10/26/2014 11:52 PM

KrisnerBMX wrote:

I don't think deco and profile/ madera are the same group... Cuz deco is owned by chad degroot and profile is not. They are ...more

I only classified Deco as Profile/Madera cause they're very closely related. Not exactly sister companies, more like step sister/cousin haha.

|

10/27/2014 4:06 AM

KrisnerBMX wrote:

I don't think deco and profile/ madera are the same group... Cuz deco is owned by chad degroot and profile is not. They are ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I only classified Deco as Profile/Madera cause they're very closely related. Not exactly sister companies, more like step ...more

ahhh okay that makes sense.

|