Are Gum Grips Very Grippy?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/24/2013 11:05 AM

I've heard that gum grips are very grippy and grip better than ODI's. Is this true?

|

12/24/2013 11:36 AM

I know tires are slighlty grippier due to the compound , I'd presume the grips would be too. But they're grips man , just hold on and you'll be fine.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/24/2013 11:38 AM

i used to have the cult vans in gum, and they gripped pretty nice
now i have merrit cross checks in gum, and they are also grippy
i really dont like odis

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/24/2013 11:41 AM

They're supposed to be grippier, but I don't really know?

Are ODIs any grippier than normal though anyway? They definitely last a long time, but I've never really heard anyone say they are especially grippy, and personally I think they feel horrible.

|

12/24/2013 11:56 AM

ODI's aren't grippy if your hand sweats a TINY bit.

If you sweat a lot and you like suicide no-hander's get ODI's

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/24/2013 12:02 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

accidental suicide no handers are cool

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/24/2013 12:07 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

accidental suicide no handers are cool

hell ya

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/24/2013 1:52 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Mine are. Any other grip I have ever had was slippery when my hands sweated. My odis don't get slippy unless it is 100 and humid out and I sweat profusely.

Demolition Teams were my other fave grip.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/24/2013 4:23 PM

they aren't grippier… they last longer

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/25/2013 12:40 AM

don't really know... all I know is im not a huge fan of odi's

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/25/2013 8:58 AM

I hated ODIs first off they HURT. Not comfortable in any way. Maybe with gloves. If you want good gum grips that actually do last longer, Gum Tom Dugan grips are the BEST! I never had a problem with sweat, and my hands get sweaty. haha they last me a good couple months of constant riding and i have big callaced hands. I burn thru ODIs so fast! like maybe a month and they are gone.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/25/2013 5:16 PM

Odi lock on s&m grips are where it's at

|