Are S&m frames good?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/9/2018 7:52 PM

I’m looking at a dagger frame instead of a total hangover frame

|

just living with autism and riding bikes

6/9/2018 7:57 PM

Ya, S&M make some of the best frames in the game... But the Sunday Soundwave is where it's atcool

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/9/2018 8:03 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Ya, S&M make some of the best frames in the game... But the Sunday Soundwave is where it's atcool

Lol I have 2 of those

|

just living with autism and riding bikes

6/9/2018 8:57 PM

They're okay. But you have to pay a premium for that false sense of national pride.

|

6/9/2018 9:21 PM

jbales wrote:

They're okay. But you have to pay a premium for that false sense of national pride.

n v r 4 g e t

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

6/9/2018 11:20 PM

yrrep_nitsuj wrote:

I’m looking at a dagger frame instead of a total hangover frame

Look at a Standard frame, best frames made and lifetime warranty that I have used and had a new frame in 31hrs

|

6/9/2018 11:42 PM

jbales wrote:

Nice troll attempt, my dude.

|

6/10/2018 8:02 AM

jbales wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

Nice troll attempt, my dude.

Personally, I think this whole thread is a "nice troll attempt".

|

6/10/2018 9:46 AM

jbales wrote:

Spoken like a man who’s country made a fighter plane out of wood.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

6/10/2018 10:06 AM

jbales wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Fuck yeah!

|

Hmmm

6/10/2018 10:47 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

not only planes, but cars as well *cough cough* morgan automotive

|

6/10/2018 11:38 AM

jbales wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

not only planes, but cars as well *cough cough* morgan automotive

Morgan's are sexy though.
And handmade

|

Hmmm

6/10/2018 4:44 PM

jbales wrote:

RonnieRawdawg wrote: n v r 4 g e t

Bold choice using Mel Gibson to defend your national pride. Hahaha

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

6/10/2018 5:06 PM

I bent my dropouts on my S&M frame so I had to hacksaw off the last quarter of the dropouts and then file the fuck out of them to get my wheel back in , as it pinched upwards . I think it was a design flaw though , they wanted you to run your wheel farther back and mine was closed to slammed . Other than that it was good , but it kinda sucked to drop 600$ CAD on a frame to have it bend . My local shop emailed 1664 about it and they said I still have warranty , so that’s sick .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/10/2018 5:53 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I bent my dropouts on my S&M frame so I had to hacksaw off the last quarter of the dropouts and then file the fuck out of ...more

That was for sure a design overlook on a low run limited frame. You won't see many modern street frames with an adjustable cs length of 3/4"+ for that very reason. Trail frames can get away with it, because most won't run pegs on them, but if you do simply don't run slammed.

|

6/10/2018 7:11 PM

Screw it, grab that Total.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

6/10/2018 7:27 PM

They're alright, kinda overpriced imo.

I've rode the total and the dagger. Both were low and decent tbh. Pretty close in geometry but the total has better tt size options imo.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/10/2018 7:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2018 7:35 PM

I bent my dropouts on my S&M frame so I had to hacksaw off the last quarter of the dropouts and then file the fuck out of ...more

It never occurred to you to bend them back?

|

6/10/2018 7:35 PM

Four wrote:

They're alright, kinda overpriced imo.

I've rode the total and the dagger. Both were low and decent tbh. Pretty close in ...more

"Ridden"

|

6/10/2018 10:08 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

It never occurred to you to bend them back?

He did after S&M said it wouldn't void his warranty (pretty damn cool of them).

Again, "any" frame with the Bonesaw geo ridden the way Brayden's was setup would've done the same thing.

Also, an S&M frame is about $30 more than your average aftermarket made in Taiwan frame, but your getting something thats made in the USA with USA materials and one of the best customer services around. How is that overpriced?

I used a 25% off promo when I purchased my Tall Boy, but I would've paid full price + tax just as easily.

|

6/10/2018 10:19 PM

What Bryan said , I’m pretty sure some guy on the island had the same thing happen to his and he cut his off . I don’t have the email anymore of 1664 / S&M confirming it so I highly doubt they’d warranty it if something did happen now but whatever , it was done by a sponsored rider at a professional shop so I imagine I can always get him / the shop to email them . I really hope they would . I’m actually putting it back together this weekend , should be a sick new “build”

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/10/2018 10:22 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

its the best historically accurate footage i could find of us laying a beatdown on some brits.

|

6/10/2018 10:25 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

its the best historically accurate footage i could find of us laying a beatdown on some brits.

Hahaha

|

6/11/2018 4:38 AM

jbales wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

Hey, if the Scots can do it, so can we!

|

6/11/2018 4:42 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Hey, if the Scots can do it, so can we!

??

|

6/11/2018 5:00 AM

Hmmmm, some people need a history lesson or 2.......

|

6/11/2018 5:43 AM

Lairdframe, S&M, FBM, Standard.

All USA made, and rad.

I have sipped the Kool-Aid that is Amercian Made stuff, and I will be upgrading to as much America as possible as time goes on.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/11/2018 5:54 AM

I have no horse in this race, but I’m very happy with my Taiwan made frame.

|

6/11/2018 6:38 AM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

I think it's very important for every American to thoroughly realize that England let us win our Independence.

And we properly fucked it up from there.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

6/11/2018 7:26 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Lairdframe, S&M, FBM, Standard.

All USA made, and rad.

I have sipped the Kool-Aid that is Amercian Made stuff, and I ...more

There's something to be said for "American made", for sure. But I think that also goes for most "1st world" manufacturers that sell quality stuff. Let's face it, there's junk made everywhere too. I'd be just as likely to purchase a quality frame made in the UK or Germany, etc...; and be just as confident in the quality.

|