Are guarded sprockets necessary?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/23/2014 3:34 PM

Hey everyone i'm somewhat new here and have been wondering what sprocket to buy since obviously you guys have more experience than I do. I'm currently running a RHD 9/25 gear ratio and only grind on the left but plan on running 4 pegs in the near future. Are guarded sprockets necessary or is it just for looks? I've been considering a tree lite since its on sale at Dans comp but like the look of a full guard sprocket. Oh on another note is it a huge difference switching from a 9/25 gear ratio to a 9/28 gear ratio? And my last question do you guys have any feedback on the animal tww tire?

|

11/23/2014 3:41 PM

Guards not necessary but learning switch grinds, I would recommend. I run a tree lite 24t and ride 4 pegs but i've also been grinding almost the whole time I've been riding. And the tww tire is amazing. Tough as hell

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/23/2014 4:21 PM

I need one, sprocket slides are the shit.

|

11/23/2014 5:44 PM

well. there are the people that use it for looks. then there are the people like me who beat the shit out of it.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/23/2014 6:58 PM

I would get a drive side hub guard as well. Especially when learning switch grinds.

|

11/23/2014 8:37 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

well. there are the people that use it for looks. then there are the people like me who beat the shit out of it.

Hell yeah that's what I'm talkin about! I remember when bashgaurds were bolted to frames and people did sprocket grinds with the sprocket pocket. Google Eddie Roman or Vic Murphy for 90's era proof.

|

11/24/2014 4:32 AM

I dont know anyone who runs one for the looks... Mines just like a jonny though, rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

11/24/2014 4:44 AM

Its definitely necessary in my opinion why take the risk of damaging your chain and not being able to ride

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/24/2014 8:30 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

CaptainEO wrote:

Hell yeah that's what I'm talkin about! I remember when bashgaurds were bolted to frames and people did sprocket grinds with the sprocket pocket. Google Eddie Roman or Vic Murphy for 90's era proof.

this for days

id say get one if your going to actually fucking use it... like I had friends that straight up used their bash guards.

but a lot of people use em for fashion. not longevity

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/24/2014 1:24 PM

Rarely bang my drivetrain maybe if you're into pegless grinds or crank slides it would be functional

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_