Are profile mini hubs worth the money?:D

Related:
Create New Tag

9/15/2015 8:00 AM

Im in need of a new wheel set and i am looking at profile mini hubs and im just wondering if there really worth the amount of money they are?:D

|

9/15/2015 9:50 AM

yes

|

It’s all bmx

9/15/2015 9:55 AM

I liked mine a lot.

You could save money and get Madera's, since they are pretty much the same thing.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/15/2015 10:03 AM

Yes they are I love mine

|

9/15/2015 10:07 AM

Not if you grind slot

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/15/2015 11:25 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I liked mine a lot.

You could save money and get Madera's, since they are pretty much the same thing.

Just get Maderas unless you want one of the crazy prints. They are pretty much identical.

They work pretty good for pegs too. Just get them with a steel (either 14mm, or female) rear axle.

|

9/15/2015 11:34 AM

Profile was voted number one for hubs in the vital rider survey

|

9/15/2015 1:01 PM

I'm gonna be the oddball out and say no.

There's better hubs for the money. If they were cheaper they'd be more worth it (Like the Madera hubs which are the same things, just different shells) but I can't justify spending $300+ on hubs that develop a wobble overtime (Profile is even aware of this and will sell you shims to fix it though), especially when there's other hubs out there for cheaper that don't develop wobble and are basically the same exact things.

|

9/15/2015 7:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2015 7:09 AM

Not really.

I have a set and like them a lot and will probably buy more when these wear out. But male axles for rear hubs are so 2008.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

9/15/2015 7:48 PM

I got my set for less then a $100 so I'd say so... However I wouldn't pay the standard price for them. Like the others said they're better hubs for that money. If I were to spend 200 plus on a hub I'd get a tree hub.

|

9/15/2015 9:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2015 9:06 PM

They do cost more but they do keep buisiness and paychecks in the North American economy

If your from North America and care about that shit

|

9/15/2015 9:13 PM

eskimojay wrote:

They do cost more but they do keep buisiness and paychecks in the North American economy

If your from North America and care ...more

So fucking tired of this bullshit
Why should I pay more for an inferior product just because it's made in my country? It's not like most of these companies aren't owned by americans, or don't employ Americans to distribute and sell their products. I'd wager to say that volume/demolition employ more Americans than profile/madera,even though they don't do manufacturing in the us. Not to mention that increased profit margins as a result of overseas productions allows companies to sponsor more riders.

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/15/2015 10:21 PM

A local pro , who's a trail rider and legitimately sponsored even said he wouldn't pay full price for one and they develop wobble . I ended up buying an Éclat with a discount for less than 1/5th of what a Mini costs , but that's with a huge help out from my local .

If you have money give it a shot . I'm not talking bad , sure I'd love to ride Profiles but as the average person justifying the value of money , I can not afford a Profile nor Madera hub

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/16/2015 1:24 AM

Ive used many hubs from from crap brands to popular Gsport and Tree . In my experience, I love Profile hubs. The engagement feels way better and not sluggish/slow like many other hubs. Even with the Zcoaster how people discussed the price isnt worth it and all that... When I let others try my Zcoaster, they were immediately hooked. Every person stated how its well worth the money and they want one. Prices are always talked about being said its to high, Profile pays a higher price in materials compared to what something would cost in Taiwan, I feel as if many dont think and realize that. Some brands are $20 less which is not a major deal when comparing..so they arent really that expensive like its made out to be. Madera hubs are the same price as just about every other hub as well(exactly same internals with a different shell). If Profile parts are to high in price, perhaps all Taiwan brand made parts should be cheaper .Ive even been told that prices for frames to be made in Taiwan are so low, most wouldn't believe it. This is coming direct .face to face conversation from one of our biggest brands in the industry. I have multiple Profile hubsets and all have been working flawless for years. If anyone is highly concerned about pegs use, get everything with steel axles though the aluminum works just fine. . To each their own, there's many reviews out there..I say go for it!

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

9/16/2015 6:01 AM

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

9/16/2015 7:08 AM

Profile are great hubs but are a little pricey. The Madera hubs are 100% the same thing with different shells as someone mentioned. With a lot of people jumping on the freecoaster game there are quite a few sets of used profile hubs floating around out there to save you a few bucks. We have a few used wheels with profile hubs on the "Used Crap" page of our site as well.

http://www.albes.com/used-crap/

www.albes.com

|

9/16/2015 7:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2015 7:26 AM

Ahh skeet skeet wrote:

I got my set for less then a $100 so I'd say so... However I wouldn't pay the standard price for them. Like the others said ...more

Tree hubs are on sale on Dans for a LOT less.

Rear:
https://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/426032/Tree_V3_Cassette_Hub.html BLUE and GOLD are 129.95 for 14mm, 3/8ths are ALL 129.95, FOR RHD

Front hub

https://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/427116/Tree_Front_Hub.html

RED GOLD AND BLUE are 99.95, the rest are 129.95.

SO For as little as 230 bucks you can pick up a PAIR of Tree hubs. Just remember you need Tree straight pull spokes for them.

And no this is not to bash Albes, as they are awesome, just a deal I noticed to make tree stuff more affordable.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/16/2015 8:00 AM

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

Profile are great hubs but are a little pricey. The Madera hubs are 100% the same thing with different shells as someone ...more

New site looks great btw

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

9/16/2015 2:01 PM

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

Profile are great hubs but are a little pricey. The Madera hubs are 100% the same thing with different shells as someone ...more

Ricked_Em wrote:

New site looks great btw

Thanks man!

www.albes.com

|