Are these Profile mini ss hubs?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/16/2017 8:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2017 9:06 PM

Are these Profile mini ss hubs or just minis?
I'm pretty sure they are, just want someone to confirm it
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

8/16/2017 11:27 PM

These should be the standard/common Mini Hub, the SS versions have a larger center diameter on the hub shell I believe

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

8/16/2017 11:38 PM

James_Letten17 wrote:

These should be the standard/common Mini Hub, the SS versions have a larger center diameter on the hub shell I believe

Kinda hard to tell, but I think you're right.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

8/17/2017 12:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2017 12:12 AM

Definitely mini's. Ss have a larger flange, larger diameter, and a row of dimples machined instead of the weird dip thing. Ss are still available, listed now as high flange on the profile site

Edit. There's no such hub as mini Ss, they're either mini's or Ss. These are mini's. Although I believe some shops advertise them as mini ss

|

8/17/2017 12:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2017 12:53 AM

James_Letten17 wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

Kinda hard to tell, but I think you're right.

Hmm well I was thinking they were the ss because when I looked at the ss on Dans comp it had the black standard looking nuts but when I was looking at the normal mini it has some type of nut that looks as though you would have to use an allen key. of course the hardware might have just been swapped but it was the only thing that I could see different between them

also, don't know if this info will help at all but I figure id say something just in case but the front hub is female and the back hub is male

edit/update- maybe I was on to something with this male/female hub thing when I went back on Dans comp the normal mini has a picture of a black hub that appears to be female link here-https://www.danscomp.com/products/426067/Profile_3%7C8_Mini_Cassette_Hub.html

my back hub is male which leads me to believe at least the back hub is the ss and I assume they would match. does anyone disagree with my findings?

Crap looked at the ss front hubs on danscomp and they look male to me, now I am just confused arrg
maybe ss back and normal mini front? idk at this point

|

8/17/2017 1:17 AM

They're just minis homie. I had ss hubs on my first bike they're bulky and heavy af most people don't even buy them anymore

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/17/2017 2:47 AM

Four wrote:

They're just minis homie. I had ss hubs on my first bike they're bulky and heavy af most people don't even buy them anymore

You sure? cause I can't find any minis that have the same hardware all minis have the allen key nut hardware neither of my hubs has that

|

8/17/2017 3:03 AM

These are 100% mini's. Read my previous post. There's different axle options for mini's. You have a female front axle with hex bolts, and a 14mm male rear axle. Still mini's

|

8/17/2017 3:07 AM

Sorry for double post. These are ss/high flange. The shell is different but the hardware is interchangeable Photo

|

8/17/2017 3:08 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

These are 100% mini's. Read my previous post. There's different axle options for mini's. You have a female front axle with hex bolts, and a 14mm male rear axle. Still mini's

sorry, I had missed what you had said. Thanks for clearing things up!

|

8/17/2017 3:12 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Definitely mini's. Ss have a larger flange, larger diameter, and a row of dimples machined instead of the weird dip thing. Ss are still available, listed now as high flange on the profile site

Edit. There's no such hub as mini Ss, they're either mini's or Ss. These are mini's. Although I believe some shops advertise them as mini ss

Do you happen to know what the size of the flange on the ss hubs?

|

8/17/2017 7:15 AM

Yeah, 54mm centre to centre for front and rear, drive and non drive

|