Are trails very hard to ride?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2013 7:33 AM

Okay so finally all the snow has melted and at my school there is a bike trails. The biggest jump would be about 1,40m high with about 2 meters between the landing and the jump.

I haven't have any chance to ride until now and I can't even bunny hop. Should I try ridding the trails already or learn the basics first?

|

4/24/2013 7:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2013 7:56 AM

|

4/24/2013 8:24 AM

you really need to learn the basics... it looks like its more for racing...

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

4/24/2013 8:30 AM

tito24 wrote:

you really need to learn the basics... it looks like its more for racing...

Okay thanks i will learn how to manual and bunny hop first

Here's the full track, and yea there are usually races www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA4rgkNIqOA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

|

4/24/2013 8:44 AM

Learn how to hop, drop in, fly out and go over spines first

|

4/24/2013 9:30 AM

KaneF15 wrote:

This track is the only thing similiar to a skate park on my town. That's why I wanted to try it but I guess I'll just stick to street as off right now

|

4/24/2013 10:45 AM

Just don't try hopping from them or whatever. Just hit em and pull up. Make sure ya' don't loop out though!

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/24/2013 12:59 PM

Dont case & wear a helmet untilcyou get better.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/24/2013 1:13 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

If you're happy to ride a helmet, why would you not wear it when you get better?

|

4/24/2013 2:02 PM

just go ride them. You may meet some new friends and you'll probably have fun. You'll know how hard it is when you get over there.

report back here with your results.

|

4/24/2013 2:11 PM

Those jumps aren't that big they're fine though.
I wouldn't recommend riding trails without having any bike control at all.

I was pretty stoked today was actually the first time I ever went riding legit trails, in years I was never able to ride any because there weren't but since I have moved to Munich I have found some pretty dope ones.
I actually found it pretty easy, but still really enjoyable, the riders there were amazed when I landed a transfer 360 from one line to another.

Not having a helmet I kept on borrowing different friends ones and one of them had one of those full ones (motocross style), and I swear I am probably the first 4 pegged trail rider with a full helmet, gay as fuck but I only used for like 10 minutes.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/24/2013 2:14 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

always wear a helemt you fucking idiot. you only get one head. protect it.

see how cool you are when you eat jello and lick windows the rest of your life

|

4/24/2013 2:18 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

greenbastard wrote:

Photo
|

4/24/2013 2:44 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

greenbastard wrote:

andyferly wrote: Photo

I always wear a helmet but everyone else seems to hate them.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/24/2013 3:48 PM

helmets are for fruits that race bmx

|

making half retarded post at the moment

4/24/2013 9:41 PM

two things.

1. that picture of the guy in the wheel chair is smarter than ALL of the people on this website , combined. stephen hawking. look him up.

2. if you don't want to wear a helmet, that's cool as fuck. but at least wear a fucking condom. Seriously.

|

4/24/2013 9:46 PM

pnj wrote:

two things.

1. that picture of the guy in the wheel chair is smarter than ALL of the people on this website , combined. stephen hawking. look him up.

2. if you don't want to wear a helmet, that's cool as fuck. but at least wear a fucking condom. Seriously.

this guys. Don't be raw dogging them tranny's on the corner. Use a condom.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/24/2013 9:54 PM

greenbastard wrote:

My mom bitched at me yesterday for this. I'm gonna take it into consideration, but I'm definitely not gonna wear it when I'm crusing casually or whatever, only when I ride at a park or try serious shit.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/24/2013 10:04 PM

mrmatrix66 wrote:

helmets are for fruits that race bmx

Says the user with a granny as his profle picture

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/25/2013 3:07 AM

pnj wrote:

two things.

1. I know who Stephen Hawking is, what I meant with the meme is that is what you are most likely going to end up on a wheelchair.
2. I used a helmet.

|

4/25/2013 3:53 AM

KaneF15 wrote:

Spines are a big deal with trails... Glad you pointed it out. You need to know how to scrub out of a big jump if you're going too slow aswell.

|

4/25/2013 6:02 AM

andyferly wrote:

Those jumps aren't that big they're fine though.
I wouldn't recommend riding trails without having any bike control at all.

I was pretty stoked today was actually the first time I ever went riding legit trails, in years I was never able to ride any because there weren't but since I have moved to Munich I have found some pretty dope ones.
I actually found it pretty easy, but still really enjoyable, the riders there were amazed when I landed a transfer 360 from one line to another.

Not having a helmet I kept on borrowing different friends ones and one of them had one of those full ones (motocross style), and I swear I am probably the first 4 pegged trail rider with a full helmet, gay as fuck but I only used for like 10 minutes.

Jay Miron did that, Dave Osato did too. Nothing wrong with it. Actually with all these guys blowing out their teeth, I feel more people should rock the full face helmets.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/25/2013 7:12 AM

Spenlard wrote:

Just don't try hopping from them or whatever. Just hit em and pull up. Make sure ya' don't loop out though!

yeah this for sure. I doubt many people knew this when they first tried. i mean naturally youd think if you hopped off at the top youd go higher

|

4/25/2013 8:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/25/2013 10:49 AM

pnj wrote:

just go ride them. You may meet some new friends and you'll probably have fun. You'll know how hard it is when you get over there.

report back here with your results.

I tried them today, wasn't that bad. I didn't go down the bigger jumps but I tried first part which has some jumps almost as big and I could get across. I didn't jump tough. I also went down that starting ramp where races begin, I went a little too fast and jumped of the peddles after the 2nd jump. I didn't get hurt tough

I also met a guy my age that also likes bmx smile that was pretty cool

But like I don't really get how can you ride the trails without jumping. Because sometimes the bike would go to up or would stale in the middle of the jump. I certainly need to get some more bike control and balance before I try jumping for real, but it was fun :D

Edit : when trying to manual should I go faster then a jogging pace? Which speed is ideal to learn the manual?

|

4/25/2013 12:01 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Jay Miron did that, Dave Osato did too. Nothing wrong with it. Actually with all these guys blowing out their teeth, I feel more people should rock the full face helmets.

Nothing particular against full face helmets the thing was that my setup is a BMX with a damn short back end and I ride 4 pegs and breakless, while everyone there had DJ bikes, my friends were kind enough to swap around helmets.
The combination of a full face on a street rider just looked silly.

|

4/25/2013 12:27 PM

i hate trails, they kill me no matter what, its just how it is

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/25/2013 12:59 PM

I don't get transitions. I'm horrid on a quarter, trails, hips, spines, boxes. Basically I can rock a skate only park but suck at a UK indoor. I like banks and ledges and techy stuff, I dislike coping. I would rather run my pegs across rough ass concrete and sandstone, than go across a quarter. Freecoaster riding is the best. Mellow, fun and tech.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/25/2013 11:14 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

What do you mean?

|

4/26/2013 10:42 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

vIKz wrote:

What do you mean?

i always eat shit hard by the end of the day riding trails...and get super worn out really fast riding them lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/26/2013 1:05 PM

future FBM wrote:

I don't get transitions. I'm horrid on a quarter, trails, hips, spines, boxes. Basically I can rock a skate only park but suck at a UK indoor. I like banks and ledges and techy stuff, I dislike coping. I would rather run my pegs across rough ass concrete and sandstone, than go across a quarter. Freecoaster riding is the best. Mellow, fun and tech.

This. Although recently I've been riding a lot of trails and have been getting better. Loved every minute of it.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital