Argumentative Essay on BMX?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/23/2013 11:57 AM

What would be a good thing i could write an argumentative essay on about bmx? it has to be a narrow topic that i can write about in 2000 words?

|

4/23/2013 12:00 PM

Brakes vs brakeless
Wide vs tiny tires
Coaster vs cassette
Helmet vs no helmet

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/23/2013 12:06 PM

there's a thread kind of like this you can find it and I will probably give you some ideas to help you out

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/23/2013 1:36 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Brakes vs brakeless
Wide vs tiny tires
Coaster vs cassette
Helmet vs no helmet

This
Or maybe park vs street vs dirt

|

Bruh

4/23/2013 1:38 PM

Old school vs new school?

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/23/2013 1:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2013 1:49 PM

Brakes vs Brakeless is a good one!

|

4/23/2013 1:55 PM

KaneF15 wrote:

Brakes vs Brakeless is a good one!

This. There's the safety factor, how clean a bike looks, pulling brakes stops rotational weight but brake less can't, tricks being easier or harder w/ or w/o. The weight factor. Effectiveness of properly setup brakes vs poorly setup. So much to use on that topic.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/23/2013 2:53 PM

what dou guys think so far?

The Helena Skate Park was built in 2001 and since has seen some expansion over
the past few years. "NO SCOOTERS OR BIKES PERMITTED" is posted on a sign
next to it. Considering that they are not alowed, bikers still ride there with the risk of
receiving a ticket. It is not just the Helena Skatepark; most skateparks do not permit
Bikers to ride. In Bozeman, they have a BMX track where they have races or you can
just go catch some air, but with the weather in Montana, most of the time it gets
muddy. At the track you are not allowed to ride while it is muddy because it will tear
it up. Where are bikers supposed to ride? There are many laws
and regulations against bikers and skaters riding in public areas, so why is it that
skaters have a place to ride and bikers do not. Bikers should have their own spot to
ride also. BMX has become very popular, and the number of bikers vs. skaters has
become arguably equal; so you can see that this has become an issue.

Many times skaters do not like BMX riders in their park because they get in their way,
and also they take up too much space. Why is there such a descrimination against
the people who want to ride bikes instead of skateboards. Skaters also tend to not
like BMX riders because their bikes cause more damage to the park and coping.
Many feel unsafe riding alongside bikes because they are larger and with the weight
of the bike compared to their skateboard, they may get hurt badly if they were to
crash into eachother. Whether you ride bmx, inline skates, or a skateboard there
needs to be a proper etiquette put in place. Everyone needs to learn to wait
their turn; if someone just dropped in, you have no idea where they are going to go,
so if another drops in at the same time the two might smash into eachother. Each
person must also, know when their time is up so they arent monopolizing the park,
everyone needs to have their chance. The bikers need to have some respect
for the skaters too. If a skater is standing with his board propped up on the coping
waiting to drop in and you need that coping or deck space they are taking up, give
them a heads up that you are coming their way and they will probably move for you.

The reason they do not let bmx riders at skateparks is because of liability and
maitenance. It is a liabilty because of collisions between skaters and bikers which
is a valid point; bikes go faster and higher than skaters. Collisions are a part of the
skatepark reality, but can be avoided using proper skatepark etiquette; they could
also be a problem because of poor design that creates blind spots, or the park could
be overcrowded. Overcrowding is the biggest issue that causes collisions, if the
community did not do proper planning of the park or building parks that are far too
small for the amount of users there is a huge problem. Usually the first people to get
kicked out because of this are the bmx bikers. Maintenance, on the other hand,
is an easier issue to overcome. Bikes do cause more damage to skateparks. All
the different metal parts on a bike cause damage. This can be easily avoided when
the parks are built properly when bikers are in mind as the intended users. Riders can
now run park friendly plastic pegs, plastic bar ends, and plastic pedals that makes
them lighter and less of a threat than the alluminum trucks on a skateboard.

Recently the city of Helena has started doing some work to Centennial Park.
They have already built baseball fields, but are also planning to build new soccer
fields, a dog park, tennis and basketball courts, and a new bike park kiddy corner to the already
existing skate park. They are currently taking donations toward the bmx park, and
have two different plans in mind. The park will be approximately as big as a baseball
field. This will be a very exciting new installation to the park for bike riders. They
will finally have a safe spot to ride. It is great to see that Helena is finally doing some
good things to the city, people need more fun and recreational things to do in this
town.

Although it is wonderful that they are going to be building a new bmx park, it would still
be great if the skatepark could also be used for bmx. Sure some riders like dirt jumping
but some prefer freestyle bmx. Freestyle bmx is much more versitile in the tricks that you
are able to do such as grinding rails. Many bikes are made either specifically for dirt jumping
or for freestyle, and some are even made for both. It is nice to be able to choose different
places to ride. By having the versitility of different spots to go, a rider is able to get more
experience, try out new tricks, meet different people, and maybe take different things they
learned from one spot and try it in another.

|

4/23/2013 3:36 PM

Nice!

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/23/2013 3:39 PM

Not bad at all!

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/23/2013 3:43 PM

thanks =)

|

4/23/2013 4:52 PM

Looks good!

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/23/2013 5:34 PM

When you say dirt jumping do you mean like on 26" bikes?

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

4/23/2013 5:48 PM

why did you explain drit jumping like its not freestyle bmx

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

4/23/2013 7:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2013 7:26 PM

nice nice.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me