Ask Edwin Delarosa Anything

Related:
Create New Tag

8/7/2007 11:21 AM

We are working on a new Press List with Edwin Delarosa, so this is your chance to ask him anything you'd like. Post your questions here by August 11th and then watch for Edwin's answers in a Video Feature on the homepage.

|

8/7/2007 1:02 PM

What got you into BMX?
from John in Somerville Massachusetts.

Post edited by: hockeypimp360, at: 8/8/2007 5:45 PM

|

8/7/2007 4:18 PM

hockeypimp360 wrote:

What got you into BMX?
from John in Somerville Massachusetts.

Post edited by: hockeypimp360, at: 8/8/2007 5:45 PM

who was your first sponsor. and how did they find out about you?

|

8/7/2007 4:27 PM

How old where you when you started riding?
Who are your biggest enspirations for riding at the time?

|

8/7/2007 6:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 3:56 PM

bsik wrote:

How old where you when you started riding?
Who are your biggest enspirations for riding at the time?

My friend has \"WWED\", standing for \"What Would Edwin Do\" written on his front pegs because you're his favorite rider and he likes your riding style. He learned 360 bunnyhops because I told him you did them a lot but he still has trouble on barspins (another trick he needs to be more like you). Would you explain how you do them so clean everytime?
Peace
from Patrick in San Jose

|

8/7/2007 7:34 PM

bsik wrote:

How old where you when you started riding?
Who are your biggest enspirations for riding at the time?

Patrick SJ wrote:

My friend has \"WWED\", standing for \"What Would Edwin Do\" written on his front pegs because you're his favorite rider and he likes your riding style. He learned 360 bunnyhops because I told him you did them a lot but he still has trouble on barspins (another trick he needs to be more like you). Would you explain how you do them so clean everytime?
Peace
from Patrick in San Jose

What do you think about riding dirt or trails and how often do you get to go out and ride dirt for a while? I don't recall seeing any clips of you riding at the dirt session in Fit's Puerto Rico Trip.

|

8/7/2007 7:56 PM

We ever going to see a come back on Kickflips? Ya know ya could bring em back son.....

|

8/7/2007 9:23 PM

I am some what of an Animal Whore.. could u guys make new parts .. cause if u guys made forks,cranks and hubs .. that's be AWSM

|

8/7/2007 10:18 PM

i ride street and always get hassled by the police and i was just wondering because you've been riding street for a long time if u had any cool stories about u and the police
(by the way you're my favorite rider i love u in a non gay way)

|

8/8/2007 1:47 AM

mr.fly wrote:

i ride street and always get hassled by the police and i was just wondering because you've been riding street for a long time if u had any cool stories about u and the police
(by the way you're my favorite rider i love u in a non gay way)

with who do you usually ride?

Post edited by: sasho, at: 8/8/2007 1:27 PM

|

8/8/2007 4:20 AM

yo ed!

big hello and respect from Slovenia.u probably never heard of our country but anyway...we ride bmx, and we rock skavenger T-shirts! so just to let u know, that u're not only a street icon in the US, and that people in a former Yugoslavian republic spin bars and look up to you! U should come check it out once dude....a lot of good spots and even more good chicks!!

but our question has nothing to do with riding etc...

we're wondering, since u listen to hip hop, do u have any rap skills??

respect!!

|

8/8/2007 8:49 AM

LJ Bmx Crew wrote:

yo ed!

big hello and respect from Slovenia.u probably never heard of our country but anyway...we ride bmx, and we rock skavenger T-shirts! so just to let u know, that u're not only a street icon in the US, and that people in a former Yugoslavian republic spin bars and look up to you! U should come check it out once dude....a lot of good spots and even more good chicks!!

but our question has nothing to do with riding etc...

we're wondering, since u listen to hip hop, do u have any rap skills??

respect!!

Yo Edwin,
Just wondering can you let me in on any spots you like to ride in NYC. Like whats good there cause i live about 2 hours away from there in Jersey. All i rode in NY was the Brooklyn Banks so far, which were actually really fun. I plan on taking a trip out there sometime to ride some serious street

|

8/8/2007 12:26 PM

Do you know Papoose?

|

8/8/2007 12:49 PM

rectanglenick wrote:

Do you know Papoose?

yo edwin, if you couldnt ride bike for a year what would u do during your spear time?






-A.J

Post edited by: thatNJbmxer, at: 8/9/2007 2:45 AM

|

8/8/2007 2:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2012 7:55 PM

rectanglenick wrote:

Do you know Papoose?

thatNJbmxer wrote:

yo edwin, if you couldnt ride bike for a year what would u do during your spear time?






-A.J

Post edited by: thatNJbmxer, at: 8/9/2007 2:45 AM

y y

|

NYAH

8/8/2007 5:17 PM

do you wreck your spokes and rims alot from grinding so much, how many spokes and rims do you go through in a year??

|

8/8/2007 7:22 PM

how much dose the united recrut wai

|

8/8/2007 9:54 PM

With any riding be it street, vert, park, dirt, anything, do you prefer to see big tricks or amazing style (flow)?

Teddy from LA

|

8/9/2007 8:17 AM

LAteddy wrote:

With any riding be it street, vert, park, dirt, anything, do you prefer to see big tricks or amazing style (flow)?

Teddy from LA

how much does your bike weigh, and how do you get so much pop out of your bunnyhops? is it cause your black?

|

8/9/2007 8:43 AM

What are your top 3 favorite flavors of VitaminWater?

|

REFS: trickbiker169, Dah Man, letstartariot, Hofmann Scarab

8/9/2007 10:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 3:56 PM

3PieceWillie wrote:

What are your top 3 favorite flavors of VitaminWater?

ive just seen your bike on the fit site when are your new 7.75\" signature bars out and are they the same up sweep and back sweep as the animal bob scerbo bars?

|

8/10/2007 3:33 AM

3PieceWillie wrote:

What are your top 3 favorite flavors of VitaminWater?

jon_bmx wrote:

ive just seen your bike on the fit site when are your new 7.75\" signature bars out and are they the same up sweep and back sweep as the animal bob scerbo bars?

What does it feel like for you when you are trying something thats very hard and you have never done before, do you feel scared? Or are you so used to it that you don't get nervous or anything one bit?

-Dennis

|

8/11/2007 11:17 AM

3PieceWillie wrote:

What are your top 3 favorite flavors of VitaminWater?

jon_bmx wrote:

ive just seen your bike on the fit site when are your new 7.75\" signature bars out and are they the same up sweep and back sweep as the animal bob scerbo bars?

Dennis Buursen wrote:

What does it feel like for you when you are trying something thats very hard and you have never done before, do you feel scared? Or are you so used to it that you don't get nervous or anything one bit?

-Dennis

can you make a how to bunny hop barspin for us please?i mean how did you learn it

|

8/13/2007 7:49 AM

hey yeah i see u ride in NYC a lot whats the best part about it and i was wonderin if u would say people should take roadtrips up there

|

8/13/2007 7:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 3:56 PM

ooo yeah another thing how the hell do ride with such flow i mean when i watch u i say \"wo how did he do that\" like the whole time i watch it

|

2/18/2008 6:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/22/2008 4:45 PM

what is the part of your bike that you most like?

|

2/19/2008 5:19 PM

What do you say to the people who say BMXing is for losers? And what inspires you to keep riding hard every single day?

From John Gardiner
Maryland

|

2/19/2008 5:53 PM

Hey man, you might get bored with hearing this but you are my favourite rider in bmx. In fact your smoothness and riding is what got me in to bmx. So my question is, what do you suggest new riders do ?(besides bust their asses)

|

2/21/2008 9:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 3:59 PM

Is there a possibility that Animal and Fit will combine to make a major part. Like forks or cranks for example. If so I will definatly buy them.


- Brandon Sinegal from Houston, TX.

|

2/22/2008 2:17 PM

did you grow up biking with any pro's and who are they, what was your first bike,at what age did you start, and what was your first sponsor.

|

redline needs to stick to racing not bmx!!! www.myspace.com/dillridesbikes