Avulsion Fracture on Foot

Related:
Create New Tag

9/15/2015 3:26 PM

On Sunday, I was out riding with my friend and managed to sprain my ankle. I was flying out of this drainage ditch and hit the road, literally. My foot caught the edge of the pavement and twisted under.

The doctor said that it was an avulsion fracture, which means the place where the ligament connects to the bone stretched out and broke a small chunk of bone off. He said I have to stay off of it for 4-6 weeks, which confirmed the worst-no riding.

It sucks that I can't ride, but I'll just use this time to get my bike dialed and maybe paint some stuff. Any other ideas of BMX-related stuff that I could do?

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

9/15/2015 4:01 PM

Painting protip: leave your frame out in the sun after you painted it, preferably on a hot day.. Not only does it dry faster, it also makes the paint a bit more durable

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/15/2015 4:03 PM

Videos, video games, dial in the bike, take up a new hobby (music, drawing etc), design a logo for a team/company, dial in your buddies bikes, film if you can, edit footage, tv, lots of vital.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/15/2015 4:51 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Painting protip: leave your frame out in the sun after you painted it, preferably on a hot day.. Not only does it dry faster, ...more

Thanks. I didn't know that. I'll definitely try it, since it's supposed to be hot the next few days.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

9/15/2015 4:58 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Videos, video games, dial in the bike, take up a new hobby (music, drawing etc), design a logo for a team/company, dial in ...more

I have been watching lots of videos, I don't have any video games, I'll dial in my bike, I guess I should probably find a new hobby, I actually already dialed in my friend's bike, and I did think about filming and editing. Thanks for the advice. My neighbor will be getting a bike soon (a Kink) off Craigslist (here) and we are going to repaint some stuff, since it looks like a colorblind person received a $300 gift card for Danscomp and went crazy.

|

9/15/2015 5:09 PM

I second filming and editing!

but also, that bike needs some serious paint and rawing. It's fucking atrocious.

|

9/15/2015 5:49 PM

trainwrex wrote:

I second filming and editing!

but also, that bike needs some serious paint and rawing. It's fucking atrocious.

I know. I'll probably raw the frame and either paint the fork black or raw and polish it. I might polish the bars too.

|