Axle washer inside or outside pegs?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/7/2018 6:24 PM

When putting pegs on does the axle washer go between the fork/swingarm and peg or inside the peg?

|

Houston

7/7/2018 6:26 PM

You don't need it, the peg acts as a washer

|

7/7/2018 6:44 PM

"Swingarm" lol. I can tell you ride motorcycleslaughingcool

The peg does act as a washer like Steve said, but when I ran pegs I ran the washer on the inside of the peg incase I wanted to take my pegs off in the middle of a session or whatnot...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/7/2018 8:06 PM

On the inside if you choose to run them, but as stated you don't really need them with pegs as the peg acts as the washer. I still run them cause I just like running them, and if I ever need to take my pegs off for some reason while at the park or something then they're already right there.

|

7/7/2018 10:46 PM

Just stay away from running spacers outside the peg between the dropouts.

I recently put pegs back on, and I have a super long rear axle so my socket wrench couldn’t engage the nut properly without being stopped by the axle, so I added two spacers inside the peg to allow my socket to fully grab the nut. Guess that’s one little technique.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/10/2018 7:17 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

"Swingarm" lol. I can tell you ride motorcycleslaughingcool

The peg does act as a washer like Steve said, but when I ran pegs I ran the ...more

I did indeed race motocross hehehe, had a CRF myself. Man you're right up the road from me, I'm down in League City. You hit up 3 Palms much? I'm thinking of saving up for a new bike

|

Houston

7/11/2018 1:00 AM

If you have long enough bolts / axle just run them inside the pegs so you don't lose them.

|

7/11/2018 8:44 AM

TreyBayBay wrote:

I did indeed race motocross hehehe, had a CRF myself. Man you're right up the road from me, I'm down in League City. You hit ...more

Hell yeah man! I don't ride a CRF anymore, I did when I created this account though... I recently picked up a 200 Honda CR125 and I'm in the process of rebuilding it as it's a 16 year old dirt bike, and as you could imagine it needs some help lol

And believe it or not, 3 Palms is just a 10 min drive from where I'm at! But when I get the bike all finished I plan on taking it to Rio Bravo MX as I've heard alot of good things about it and it's only like a 30 min drive from me...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/11/2018 9:06 AM

Don’t run washers. I have in the past but over the years you find out if you need one something else isn’t on right. With pegs on everything should be all nice and snug or with the peg off...either way. If you have a gap, smart bet something isn’t tight on the hub.

|