BACK WHEEL KEEPS MOVING!!!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/12/2017 5:17 PM

So I haven't had this problem for a while but It just randomly happened about a week ago, baisically no matter how tight I tighten down my back wheel my chain comes lose or my back wheel moves and chain comes loose. It's fine before I get on it but as soon as I get on and start pedaling it's gets so loose it's hits my frame. My sprocket is ovaled so I don't know if it has any impact to it.... I've also already tried cleaning and sanding the drop outs, i know how to tighten a wheel straight (although my wheel needs to be trued bad).

|

6/12/2017 6:00 PM

Dhornback wrote:

So I haven't had this problem for a while but It just randomly happened about a week ago, baisically no matter how tight I tighten down my back wheel my chain comes lose or my back wheel moves and chain comes loose. It's fine before I get on it but as soon as I get on and start pedaling it's gets so loose it's hits my frame. My sprocket is ovaled so I don't know if it has any impact to it.... I've also already tried cleaning and sanding the drop outs, i know how to tighten a wheel straight (although my wheel needs to be trued bad).

Sprocket could be a factor.

Do you have a female or male axle in back? IF Female, you need a spacer-the bolt might be bottoming out.

Try carefully notching grooves up and down in your drops where the nut(s) or pegs touch the frame.And also on the pegs where they hit the frame.

Get chain tensioners.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/13/2017 11:27 AM

Dhornback wrote:

Just tape and glue it together not like you're gonna be taking it off

|

I once walked into a gay bar it did not end well