BB cup/Spindle spacing?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2018 11:52 AM

Hello all,

Got a good deal on a 26" cruiser for Black Friday, however it seems the BB cup doesn't fit flush into the frame. My biggest concern is that there may be extra space on spindle for the crank to move around on, causing a loose/stripped crank arm over time. As you can see I've got 2 spacers on already, yet I can't help but feel uneasy. Does this look a bit much space to anyone else, or am I just being obsessive?

|

12/6/2018 11:53 AM

Additional photo of drive side

|

12/6/2018 12:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2018 12:02 PM

That's fine. Ideally you won't need a cone spacer on the drive side behind your sprocket. That tends to throw the chainline out. As long as your crank bolts don't bottom out, you're good.

But, what sound does a mastodon make?

|

12/6/2018 12:08 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

That's fine. Ideally you won't need a cone spacer on the drive side behind your sprocket. That tends to throw the chainline out. As long as your crank bolts don't bottom out, you're good.

Thanks! Bolts are all good, fit great, but the one thing that will forever stay with me from my years of bike riding, its paranoia about stripping cranks!

As for your question... -spastic delay drenched guitar riff begins playing-

|

12/6/2018 12:10 PM

falloftroy20 wrote:

Thanks! Bolts are all good, fit great, but the one thing that will forever stay with me from my years of bike riding, its paranoia about stripping cranks!

A Mastodon fan in Brooklyn? Did we just become best friends?

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/6/2018 12:31 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

falloftroy20 wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I'll upset you to know I'm actually not a huge Mastadon fan - Steve was referring to the title of a Fall of Troy track. Maybe we can still be just friends, though

|

12/6/2018 12:37 PM

falloftroy20 wrote:

I'll upset you to know I'm actually not a huge Mastadon fan - Steve was referring to the title of a Fall of Troy track. Maybe we can still be just friends, though

Hahah, I'm not a *Huge* Mastodon fan, but I used to listen to Fall of Troy too.

Sure, we can definitely still be friends. Not best though. Just good. It's too soon.

|

12/6/2018 12:41 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

falloftroy20 wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Hahah, I'm not a *Huge* Mastodon fan, but I used to listen to Fall of Troy too.

Sure, we can definitely still be friends. Not best though. Just good. It's too soon.

I thought I was your best friend?! What are you trying to do, replace me?!

|

12/6/2018 1:04 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I thought I was your best friend?! What are you trying to do, replace me?!

Hey man, I'm loyal to a fault.

But I'm only loyal to those who value loyalty the most.

|

12/7/2018 6:16 AM

That’s it. I’m packing my bags and leaving.

|

12/7/2018 8:58 AM

jbales wrote:

That’s it. I’m packing my bags and leaving.

Come to Texas

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...