BBQs and shade canopy’s at skateparks

Related:
Create New Tag

2/27/2020 10:14 AM

Thinking about buying a shade canopy that I can fit in the trunk of my car , pop out and set up at skateparks as well as bring along my Weber go anywhere charcoal BBQ I bought last summer so I can get motivated to go ride in the gruelling heat and cook some badass food instead of eating junk fast food on those hot summer day’s I usually spend hiding in my basement instead of riding , just wondering if there’s any guys on here that do this ? if so what shade canopy do you use ? Do you bust out a BBQ and if so do you use and prefer charcoal or propane ? what’s your go too food to grill up during a session ?

|

2/27/2020 10:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2020 10:27 AM

trees make great shade canopies.

hang out in the woods. build trails.... etc.

I do like your idea though. go for it.

Seems like around here, someone usually has a grill fired up at a session. They're so easy to transport and as you said. you can make killer food. Don't forget the cold beers.

|

2/27/2020 10:47 AM

Everyone knows there's no sun in Canada..... It's like mother Russia!

|

2/27/2020 11:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2020 11:06 AM

pnj wrote:

trees make great shade canopies.

hang out in the woods. build trails.... etc.

I do like your idea though. go for it.

Seems like around here, someone usually has a grill fired up at a session. They're so easy to transport and as you said. you can make killer food. Don't forget the cold beers.

The local skatepark has no trees around it, it’s brutal in the hot sun and all our old trail spots are now housing developments, My crews not really down for digging unfortunately as most of them skate my trail season is when I go out to Vancouver island for a month in may and ride trails with the boys out there , but when I do want to hit a big jump at home I have a 6 foot kicker ramp in my back yard that I set up to a DD next step lander , had some killer smoked salmon and some airbag sessions last summer it was a good time , the cold beers are great too as long as I’m not driving

|

2/27/2020 11:10 AM

I have a lot of time on a "go anywhere" Weber. lol

I pretty much only use natural hardwood charcoal and dump it in a charcoal chimney with newspaper in the bottom to light it up.

As for my usual grilling... Burgers, hotdogs, chicken (love me some marinated Jerk wings), steaks, thinly cut marinated beef, marinated Tri Tip, pork chops, all kinds of sausages, grilled tofu and an assortment of vegetables.

|

2/27/2020 11:21 AM

grab some tortillas and make fajitas and tacos. Grill up yer meat and veggies. slap 'em in the tortilla. hot sauce. yum.

It's a nice change from burgers / buns.

|

2/27/2020 1:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2020 1:18 PM

You had me at Weber charcoal. kissing kissing kissing

While I've never grilled at a skatepark, I do so in my backyard. Nothing beats charcoal grilled food. Sounds like a great idea if you plan on spending a whole day there. A small portable charcoal grill would be too messy to carry around in any of my cars though.

|

2/27/2020 1:20 PM

I didn't...but now I might. Downside is all the little kids wanting free food/beverages.

Call me whatever, but I don't want to feed someone's kids if I don't know them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/27/2020 2:13 PM

I think "portable gazebo" is what to search for?

At the BMX track the racers use shades like these https://www.bunnings.com.au/coleman-3m-x-3m-grey-heatshield-portable-gazebo_p0109211

|

2/27/2020 3:05 PM

I’m thinking one of these possibly abccanopy

Just not sure if I want 10x10 or 10x15
160 bucks on amazon for 10x10

|

2/27/2020 3:07 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

I have a lot of time on a "go anywhere" Weber. lol

I pretty much only use natural hardwood charcoal and dump it in a charcoal chimney with newspaper in the bottom to light it up.

As for my usual grilling... Burgers, hotdogs, chicken (love me some marinated Jerk wings), steaks, thinly cut marinated beef, marinated Tri Tip, pork chops, all kinds of sausages, grilled tofu and an assortment of vegetables.

Been trying as much different stuff as I can the last summer I used mine , love the low and slow method with the smoke chips , hours of smoke really makes the meat taste so good

|

3/11/2020 1:41 PM

plant trees now, and water them so the little groms will have shade ten years later when theyre adults

|

wallride a bus everyday

3/11/2020 1:41 PM

omg drives me insane being in a hot gated skatepark with grass and trees and shade on the other side of the fence

|

wallride a bus everyday

3/11/2020 3:07 PM

if there's beer i'm cool

|

It’s all bmx

3/11/2020 4:59 PM

hot cement beer vs beer chilling on cool grass in the shade

|

wallride a bus everyday

3/11/2020 9:55 PM

Vegan burgers 🤤

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

3/12/2020 1:23 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Vegan burgers 🤤

With extra bacon

|