BEWARE "ACL TORN "

Related:
Create New Tag

6/4/2008 9:56 PM

Hi im just about in the 10º month from a surgery of ACL “Anterior Cruciate Ligament
” and im just want to tell u all guys….. use knee pads or something like that this totally sucks and u cant ride for at least 12 months….. But mi question is..

Can I go back to ride…??? Is it any body here than has suffered the same and go back to the sport??? Any pro anyone could help me if is recommended or its just stupid…. I really want but I don’t want to be in 2 months again whit that knee f*ked up… dizzy

so plz if u could help me… tell me who has done it and never have a problem or if u know a friend who has done it…. Or something or just give ur opinion….

Thnx u all and remember…. Safety first!! Use at least a sock!!!

http://www.ehealthmd.com/library/acltears/acl_whatis.html more info..
|

6/4/2008 10:03 PM

yeah pro's and other people have done it.
as long as that shits healed up then it should be ready to go.

hell hasn't mat hoffman had like 5 knee surgeries?
i forget the rider but this dude in etnies forward had one, he was riding right before the operation and then they showed him laid up. he still rides now though.

i'd go insane without my bike for a year.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

6/4/2008 10:13 PM

I would take it super easy, work out your knee, and wait until you get the ok from doctors to go back to "normal." When you get back on your bike, just do a little pedaling, and flow around, don't try anything really. Take it easy, and take small steps with getting back intot he groove.
I think Mat hoffman, Brian Kachinsky, Dennis McCoy, the list goes on of pros who have blown out their knee. Hell even Tony Hawk has done something along those lines.

Joe Rich was the guy in Forward.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/4/2008 10:24 PM

i tore my ACL in november, and then i got my surgery in january, and was back on my bike in march.

not even joking.

just stretch ur leg every night to get the full rotation and ur set.

just take it easy at the beginning though. like dont go bust a tripple tail whip the first time back on ur bike haa.

hope that helped you.

|

yaaaaaaaaaa

6/5/2008 6:08 PM

thnx a lot it really help me I was kinda boring because u never gona know what is going to happened after a surgery... doctors always says that only 60% its recovery but it only depends on u....

Well thnx a lot

If any has something to say… others opinion i really appreciate it

thnx all thnx

|

6/5/2008 6:19 PM

mephz wrote:

thnx a lot it really help me I was kinda boring because u never gona know what is going to happened after a surgery... doctors always says that only 60% its recovery but it only depends on u....

Well thnx a lot

If any has something to say… others opinion i really appreciate it

thnx all thnx

yeah if your feelin good, go for it, but ONLY, ONLYYY! if it doesnt hurt, when i fucked up my ankle with a reallllyyyy bad sprain .. im talkin pullin a ligament (at least thats what they said) i was out maybe 2 weeks and went back to riding, it hurt though but gradually got better with maybe a week or so .. even when ridin

|

6/5/2008 6:26 PM

ahhhh joe rich, yeah thats the dude. haha thanks man.

yeah dude get on that bikecycle and flow. best thing in the world.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

6/5/2008 6:32 PM

Seriously man i tore mine back last march the 30th to be exact i was off my feet for a good 2 and a half months and i never had it fixed...although i should have.now dont get me wrong but i still havent had the surgery and have fucked it up multiple times after the fact and still hurt it every so often.i wont let it stop me and cant wait for the surgery because after riding like i have been for over the past year no way surgery wouldnt help.dont be afraid to hurt it again and ride all you can while you can.AS JOE DIRT WOULD SAY"KEEP KEEPING ON"

|

6/5/2008 6:35 PM

james stewart tore his acl last year in the motocross season and he's just now getting back to racing 100%

|

6/5/2008 7:19 PM

that sucks bro just try it and if it hurts then stop.

|

Colony bmx 4 life!