BMX Appreciation Post

Related:
Create New Tag

9/23/2018 7:28 PM

As a lot of you know, I've been caught up with a gazillion wrist problems & surgeries and have been pretty much unable to ride for well over a year now.

Wellllll, my new surgeon cleared me to ride last week & my wrist is finally feeling slightly better (though I still have pretty severe arthritis.) It's still incredibly weak to the point where I can't bunnyhop properly at all, but I've been able to goof around on ramps to help ease back into things.

Anyways, I went to a memorial bike ride yesterday for one of our locals that passed last year, & ended up learning my first new (genuine) trick in a long time. CLIP HERE!

It started as me goofing around and trying to Beringer-grind to Luc-e down the hubba, and ended up turning into a full-on nollie luc-e. This is literally my first time ever doing a luc-e on a ledge and I'm so freaking stokedddd!! It feels absolutely incredible to be able to express myself on my bike & challenge myself with new maneuvers again.

I know it's not that impressive, but I literally felt like Nathan Williams firing myself down the ledge out of a nollie.?? Having his signature frame must have brought it out of me! Lol

Anywho, BMX is fucking awesome. What's gotten you guys hyped on BMX lately?!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/23/2018 7:35 PM

Oh I guess I'll also add;
That was my first time laying down a metal peg in like 4 years! Put some BSD Unit pegs in the rear a few weeks back. They sound great!!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

9/23/2018 7:48 PM

That's rad! Bmx is awesome! I'm stoked you're riding again

|

9/23/2018 8:13 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

That's rad! Bmx is awesome! I'm stoked you're riding again

Much love man! Its awesome being back. Really praying I make a full recovery BMX-wise after this.

|

9/23/2018 8:22 PM

Hell yeah, dude! Yesterday was a really rad day. Had a ton of bikes at the park I've been going to for the past 6 weeks or so and everyone was just killing it.

|

9/24/2018 5:02 AM

When I first saw that bottle, judging by the size, I thought it was whiskey! I was like "oh man!". LOL. Congrats on riding again!

|

9/24/2018 5:45 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

As a lot of you know, I've been caught up with a gazillion wrist problems & surgeries and have been pretty much unable to ...more

Dude that line was sick! Congrats on the new trick as well.

I got mad hyped the other day when I landed a few hop crankflips with the proper technique, made them way easiertongue

|

9/24/2018 9:25 AM

Much love guys! Maybe I'll be able to get a few clips for the next vital edit now?

|

9/24/2018 10:04 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Much love guys! Maybe I'll be able to get a few clips for the next vital edit now?

Yeah, I suck but I'm hoping to be able to get something into the next edit myself.

P.S. you need a nice paper bag for that 40 next time!

|

9/24/2018 10:37 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yeah, I suck but I'm hoping to be able to get something into the next edit myself.

P.S. you need a nice paper bag for that ...more

Wish they made them in 40s, just a 24oz.
Also, that skatepark is at a police station ? you cant tell, but theres like 50 cop cars on the other side of that Bush. Whoops

|

9/27/2018 9:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2018 9:45 AM

I’m pulling for you bro! Injuries can be such a drag on the motivation and mind. Be thankful and grateful for every bit of progress and stick it out. Keep riding partner! I can relate to what your going through. The foot plant was siiick!

|

9/27/2018 6:47 PM

So awesome to hear man, congrats!

What gets me hyped on bmx? BMX! Damn, I've been riding for over a decade and I used to ride dirt, try all the crazy shit in terms of progression. For a few years, I had quite a number of tricks on lock, but injuries came and went as did my tricks. As I got (get) older, I've learnt to appreciate the simple things and just chill. Enjoy every pedal!

For me, deciding to use my bike as my main source of transportation these past few years has helped immensely. Living in a small town I'm quite fortunate in this regard, and I've gotten much more bike control doing this also. I literally enjoying ride anything, but nothing but a nice high speed gap and curb cuts are my go-to's now. Simplicity.

|

Always movin'

9/27/2018 10:55 PM

Honestly, just cruising n doing simple stuff between spots feels so good. Like the sidewalk surfing of bmx. Its impossible to not smile. Also the community is pretty amazing. I love this sport!!! ???

|