BMX Art

Related:
Create New Tag

12/28/2016 4:04 PM

Anyone make any BMX related art? Post it up!

I made this lil fella recently, and since it turned out pretty decent, I am going to make a bunch more when I get some more wood, and then if things take off I might start selling them/create some online store for some.

Photo

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/28/2016 4:20 PM

That looks really well done. I haven't made something like that, but I have made a couple stencils.

Only one I can find offhand, the Animal Bikes logo. Sprayed this on random things, including a shirt haha

Photo

Photo

Also photoshopped together my cat & my bike so that she's doing a tailwhip, then had it printed onto a shirt

Photo

|

12/28/2016 4:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2016 4:22 PM

I remember that shirt, so awesome. I should do something like that with my cat, Pedal.

And thanks! I spent way too much time drawing it onto the wood, then I burned it in, and then sanded the paint off and had to reburn it. Then stained it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/28/2016 4:57 PM

I don't think you can sell that legally, but it looks awesome anyway.

|

12/28/2016 5:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2016 6:13 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

I don't think you can sell that legally, but it looks awesome anyway.

I don't believe that is entirely true, honestly if there truly was an issue then everyone on Etsy and those sites and everyone who makes decals with other brands logos etc would be shut down.

I am not claiming to own or be involved with the company, it is just a logo on a piece of wood.

Also in that case then anyone who spraypaints a logo or gets a tattoo could technically be sued, and the artist who does the logo could get in trouble.

Same would go with any artist who paints a scene with a business in it, or like the can of soup painting and so on.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/28/2016 6:15 PM

You can't just copy another company's logo, and make a profit off of it. I mean you can, but it's technically illegal. I don't know how well it's enforced. That's what copyrights are for. That means you don't have a right to copy. Like I said it turned out really good, just be carfull if you end up selling them. It's like bootleg CDs, or band t-shirts. People get sued all the time.

|

12/28/2016 6:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2016 7:08 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

You can't just copy another company's logo, and make a profit off of it. I mean you can, but it's technically illegal. I don't ...more

I get what you're saying, but I would not be tarnishing the brand and since it is incorporated into art they likely would think it was pretty neat (especially in the BMX world). One could easily argue that the funds received would be to cover the materials used (wood and woodburning tools) as well as the time used to make it-especially when the items are upon request.

Honestly if someone said they wanted a giant wiener on a piece of wood and they were willing to toss some cash my way, I would make it.

A buddy of mine actually made some Key Holders with some logos on them and sold some recently, even sold a bunch through Adam LZ's shop.

On top of that I would be selling the craft and the skills used, not the logos, which falls into a pretty good sized gray area when it comes to copyrights where it would be entirely at the brand's discretion whether or not to get involved in legal action-for the amount/what I would be doing, the MIGHT take the time to send a letter to me IF I was a legit business selling more than a handful of these things-which likely would be various designs, not one specifically.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/28/2016 10:50 PM

Dude, these are awesome!

I'm a digital artist, and although this is a scooter (Jon DeVrind), I'm working on Kriss Kyle mid-flair in this exact style, the same style for all of my works. Kriss will have a background in Unit23, though. I'll have it here when I'm done, hopefully by January.

Photo

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

12/29/2016 1:57 AM

hand carved, hand dyed, hand stitched leather

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

12/29/2016 6:00 AM

I'm going to be making some headtube badges soon. I've got a couple of ideas in mind. It won't really be a bmx related logo, but it's for my new frame (which is currently sitting in customs sad)

|

12/29/2016 12:34 PM

Photo

This is a picture sickdude drew of me.
|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

12/29/2016 2:14 PM

pnj wrote:

hand carved, hand dyed, hand stitched leather

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

no way...with Runes? I have studied and worked with Runes for more than 40 years. Great looking seat!!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

12/30/2016 7:57 AM

Sick to see all this stuff. All I've made BMX-related is a custom headtube badge.

Photo

The picture does not give it full justice. Refer to my old build thread which is more detailed...

Click right here.

I was thinking of doing another one, had a few ideas (owl, skull). Someone has anything to suggest?

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

12/30/2016 2:56 PM

NICE! Front page action!

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/31/2016 10:37 AM

Wow theres some awesome stuff in here. That odyssey logo at the top is sickkkk!!

Here's a piece of bmx art I made. Recently drew Scotty Cranmer

|