BMX FRONT BRAKE

Related:
Create New Tag

5/8/2009 7:10 AM

I've got a gyro, and I want to take off my front brake, but i have no idea on how to fix or remove anything on a bmx, so can someone explain how please, thanks smile

|

5/8/2009 7:11 AM

its easy, just take the cable out of the calibur and pull it throught the hole on the stem

|

I <3 theamazingjack, dan, ressler, and dakota

5/8/2009 7:18 AM

ya exactly wut he said and if u dont care about the cable some wire cutter or snip will make the job a lil faster and easier

|

fuck brakes all they do is slow u down

5/8/2009 7:23 AM

danbmxer wrote:

its easy, just take the cable out of the calibur and pull it throught the hole on the stem

sorry don't know many name parts, not sure what a calibur is, and how take off all that stuff on the tire?

|

5/8/2009 7:25 AM

just take off the two bolts on the brake thing on the tire then cut the cable off at the tire area and pull straight up on it the disconnect it from the break lever the thing that u pull then remove the brake lever

|

fuck brakes all they do is slow u down

5/8/2009 7:28 AM

shertownrider wrote:

just take off the two bolts on the brake thing on the tire then cut the cable off at the tire area and pull straight up on it ...more

Kk, is there a way to do it which is fairly quick without having to break it?

|

5/8/2009 7:41 AM

the bike shop.....

|

5/8/2009 8:47 AM

Undo the bolt that is on the brake that holds the cable in place (usually on the right side of the bike when you are riding it) pull the cable out from the brake, and then from any little slots it goes through on the fork. Then pull the cable up through the stem (thing that holds the handlebars down) until it is all the way out. Remove your grip and then brake lever (some you have to get the grip off first) and put grip back on if needed. Now take the brake off of the fork, and you are done.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/8/2009 9:29 AM

i wish i could take my front brake off but i cant
|

AUGUST 1ST=GO BMX DAY!

5/8/2009 9:55 AM

Would it just work to take off the two bolts on the brake thing on the tire, and then remove the lever? would that work? cause im confused lol

|

5/8/2009 10:09 AM

Take it to a shop man. You need to know the basic parts before you should be doing any work on your bike. Without knowing what things are or how to do them you can really do a lot of damage.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/8/2009 11:27 AM

I've taken off the 2 bits of the break that like press on the tire, how i get the rest off?

|

5/8/2009 11:50 AM

Help please lol, its all there apart from the bit that stops u moving

|

5/8/2009 2:41 PM

Without pics we cant tell you what you need to do...

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/8/2009 3:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2009 3:27 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Take it to a shop man. You need to know the basic parts before you should be doing any work on your bike. Without knowing what ...more

Welcome to my world when I started riding... Now I'm a boss when it comes to fixing shit. hahahah

|

FI

5/8/2009 5:04 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Take it to a shop man. You need to know the basic parts before you should be doing any work on your bike. Without knowing what ...more

fede/bmx1 wrote:

Welcome to my world when I started riding... Now I'm a boss when it comes to fixing shit. hahahah

Same here, I fucked up so many parts when I started...but now I got everything BMX on lock.

Just takes time and learning. Best advice is to look up maintenance techniques and tips online to learn properly.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/8/2009 5:50 PM

go on the video section of this website (at top of page) then click on the tech tips section. and look for a video of how to put on/take off brakes

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

10/25/2016 3:56 PM

Rayquad wrote:
i wish i could take my front brake off but i cant

Same. My dad used to ride bmx and says I need a front brake.

|

10/25/2016 4:16 PM

Ronnie palmer wrote:

Same. My dad used to ride bmx and says I need a front brake.

thank god you finally chimed in on this 7 year old thread to say that, the anticipation was killing me

|

10/25/2016 4:20 PM

Thanks for getting me all excited for nothing. Fuck you

|

It’s all bmx

10/25/2016 5:44 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

I bet your excitement stopped faster than you did on your double-braked bike.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/25/2016 6:55 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

I bet your excitement stopped faster than you did on your double-braked bike.

I didn't get excited, I just got pissed off the second I saw that this thread was created in 2009 lol

|