BMX Knee Pads

Related:
Create New Tag

6/20/2019 10:20 AM

Any BMX companies make a decent actually protective knee pad anymore? FOX was my go to for a long time, but they changed their Launch Pro design up, and I'd rather support a BMX company than resort to an MTB company, or go back to the old Pro Tec pads. I know Fox was originally Moto, but that was the best style pad for my riding.

|

6/20/2019 11:11 AM

Shadow conspiracy

|

6/20/2019 11:14 AM

G-Form Knee-shin pads are great.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

6/20/2019 11:44 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

I've heard good things.

I have Bicycle Union soft shell pads, and Protec hardshell pads (think Ryan Nyquist in 2002 or any vert skater).

Both are good.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/20/2019 11:56 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

I got these and haven't looked back. Slip right on, they don't slip off easily, and I've definitely SMACKED metal pegs into my legs and haven't cried yet.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

6/20/2019 12:47 PM

I know about G form and Shadow pads. Those have been around for a while & both are kind of on the thin side, and wont save my knees from bailing on a lofty jump gone bad. Looking to find out if a bmx company has made anything more protective than a knee pad to fit under skinny jeans lately.

|

6/20/2019 1:27 PM

Morgan Wade gets military pants with build in kneepads of some sort. Saw it on a random video or interview or something.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/20/2019 1:58 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Morgan Wade gets military pants with build in kneepads of some sort. Saw it on a random video or interview or something.

That's pretty cool. I usually ride in shorts these days.

|

6/20/2019 2:05 PM

Although I rarely use them, I second G-Form pads.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

6/20/2019 3:32 PM

Do not get gform pads unless you like pulling your pants down in public every 10 mins or so, those pads do not stay in place regardless of what size you get, and the knee shin combos don’t even protect your entire shin

Also gotta say the shadow pads seem like they are junk too, feel like they are made out of cardboard, although i didn't get to test them out because its damn near impossible to get your foot through the shin pads bottom hole without tearing them I can’t say how well they stay in place i sent mine back the day i got them

I would look into fuse pads those guys seem to know what they are doing, i plan on getting the 125 knee shin combo in the near future

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

6/20/2019 3:37 PM

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

6/20/2019 3:37 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Do not get gform pads unless you like pulling your pants down in public every 10 mins or so, those pads do not stay in place regardless of what size you get, and the knee shin combos don’t even protect your entire shin

Also gotta say the shadow pads seem like they are junk too, feel like they are made out of cardboard, although i didn't get to test them out because its damn near impossible to get your foot through the shin pads bottom hole without tearing them I can’t say how well they stay in place i sent mine back the day i got them

I would look into fuse pads those guys seem to know what they are doing, i plan on getting the 125 knee shin combo in the near future

I've had no problem with them and I've been using them for over two years.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

6/20/2019 4:39 PM

Pads are always fit and sizing roulette unfortunately, what is a second skin for one person is loose or tight or unbearable for the next person. Even trying them on in a store I don't reckon helps much, you just have to try and hope and maybe get recommendations from people who have similar legs to you. E.g. I got some IXS elbow pads for racing, tried them on in the store and thought they were awesome, but actually riding on the track they slip down a lot.

There's also two schools of thought for protection level, some people want wear-all-day soft and unobtrusive stuff, and some people think Tonya Harding should be able to come after them with a sledgehammer to the kneecap and they should be able to laugh it off, and think you have to have a hard piece of plastic or nylon armour in there, or there's no point.

|

6/21/2019 4:01 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Gotta be honest, if you don't have something, it is hard to take your recommendation seriously on this type of an item.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/21/2019 5:48 AM

My G-forms lasted one wreck on dirt and were pitched. My knee took the brunt. They just aren't durable enough.

Get the Fuse or TLD 5400. they durable and take the impact. both still fit under jeans just not as well as the Gforms. I had invislite shadow as well... they are placebo pads.

|

6/21/2019 7:08 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I've heard good things.

I have Bicycle Union soft shell pads, and Protec hardshell pads (think Ryan Nyquist in 2002 or any vert skater).

Both are good.

Yes I quoted myself.

The Bicycle Union soft shell pads fit under jeans and are adjustable, so they do a great job of fitting anyone. They are decent for smaller bails, but I wouldn't use em if I was riding vert or anything too nuts. I stay pretty close to the ground these days, so they are perfect.

The Protecs are huge and protect better, BUT don't fit under jeans well (unless you rock JNCOs).

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/22/2019 12:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2019 12:35 PM

I run Leatt 3df 5.0 soft "under the pants" knee pads. They seem really good so far. Have run them for one or two days a week now, for the last 10 months. Occasionally I do a really hard drop to flat and one will slip down past my knee if I'm super sweaty, and I'll have to drop pants somewhere to pull it back up and tighten the strap more to prevent it from happening again. But, I have no interest in looking for another option as Ive been very satisfied with these. They do not offer alot of shin protection, but I'm not interested in shin pro. Just knee pro, and these work well.

|

6/22/2019 10:04 PM

I use the FUSE Deltas. Still fit fine under my regular fit chinos. They stay in place. When I started to ride again I started with the shadow invislites and within a month the stitching gave way and the neoprene to keep from slipping was gone in even less time. The Fuse have been great. bailing on concrete, wood whatever... felt like I was kneeling on clouds.

|

6/23/2019 4:25 PM

My son uses the Fuse Echo kneee/shin/ankle combo and they’re great .

|