BMX OLYMPICS 2020

Related:
Create New Tag

7/4/2017 5:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2017 6:06 PM

Hey BMX community peeps, as you have probably seen on numerous posts on social media as well as through Kyle Carlsons interview, BMX Freestyle park is now in the olympics! WOoohooo!

Want to talk about it or have idea, write about it below!

|

7/4/2017 10:41 PM

No

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

7/4/2017 11:45 PM

I hope Dan price represents the UK, and I hope fathead is his coach.

But in all seriousness, I genuinely think freestyle bmx can't be judged fairly. Either way I won't watch it or pay any attention to it. There's only so many backflip tailwhip combo's my brain can handle

|

7/4/2017 11:51 PM

Who's going to fail the drug tests is the real question

|

7/5/2017 1:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2017 1:57 AM

I bet its gonna be a tailwhip fest

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

7/5/2017 8:33 AM

eskimojay wrote:

LOL. They shouldn't even be testing people for things that are not going to enhance their performance. Remember snowboarding years ago and they tried to say weed was a performance enhancing drug? Fuck, that guy should have won 2 medals if he was baked doing slalom.

|

7/5/2017 11:12 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Everyone...making it an even playing field lol

|

7/5/2017 11:20 AM

Pretty rad that this guy watched my video then just tried to rehash the information. Great job, buddy.

Do some research on your own sometime.

|

7/5/2017 12:11 PM

MitchellProost wrote:

Hey BMX community peeps, as you have probably seen on numerous posts on social media as well as through Kyle Carlsons ...more

I'd rather not. Plus, if you co-opted @kylecarlson's content, shame on thee.

|

7/5/2017 9:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2017 9:25 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

Pretty rad that this guy watched my video then just tried to rehash the information. Great job, buddy.

Do some research on ...more

Hey, What up Kyle.

I just wanted to say I read some articles on a few different websites, I saw your awesome interview with Bart and I talked to a few friends about BMX in the olympics. Then I made a short comprehensive video rounding up everything that I have heard and read about the upcoming BMX event. My "research" as you put it are the articles and your interview I just mentioned.

Also I mentioned your interview in my video, put you on screen, and put your name and link to your video in the description of my video when I posted the video because I thought the interview was great! Whats the problem with putting more content out on the internet to get people talking about something that is so awesome?

Also BMX in the olympics is just news, news is not owned by anyone. News is just information passed from one person to another. I made the video to get people excited about BMX and so people not involved with BMX might show some interest.

Its a shame to make a video about "world news" and have you that say that you own that news.

|

7/5/2017 11:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2017 11:40 PM

MitchellProost wrote:

Hey, What up Kyle.

I just wanted to say I read some articles on a few different websites, I saw your awesome interview with ...more

Come on, man. Be realistic. What are these other articles? It sure does seem to me like you only watched my interview and read the initial press release...

It also seemed like you stole a whoooooole bunch of video content from FISE events ont Vital BMX and didn't mention / credit / link.

News may just be "information passed from one person to another," but this is shit I literally travel across the world and spend tens of thousands of dollars creating.

I get it. You want to "create content" and hopefully "make some YouTube money." A lot of people do and I sincerely hope it works out for you. But, if you want to do this by poaching MY creations, we're going to have issues.

|

7/6/2017 12:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2017 1:10 AM

|

7/6/2017 1:10 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

Do some research on ...more

MitchellProost wrote:

Hey, What up Kyle.

I just wanted to say I read some articles on a few different websites, I saw your awesome interview with ...more

kylecarlson wrote:

Come on, man. Be realistic. What are these other articles? It sure does seem to me like you only watched my interview and read ...more

There is not that much information about the olympic event on the internet right now so I pulled from all the news that was available including your interview(which I bring up in my vid)

This is my first video about anything bmx on my youtube channel and its about something that I think is pretty dang cool. I love bmx and I know you do too, and I would think that spreading the word about something so cool is something you would want others to do too. Unless you dont want people to do that for some reason. In any other popular media, the moment information is published every media/news site talks about that information to get more of it to the public.

I didn't know BMX news was to be held hostage.

Also I just Linked the Fise video that was overlayed in my video in my description as well as added a link on screen towards the end of the video to vitals channel.

when news goes public, it is public for all and as long as that news stays true I don't see the real problem, like I said, your stuff is linked in my video or referenced in the video.

I'm just here to promote things that I think are cool, not in it for any sort of money. BMX being announced for the olympics is something that I saw to be cool right now so I gathered the essential info that is "public" to spread the word with. Probably not going to make a bmx vid for quite some time so you dont have to worry about that 50 views I got. I can Paypal you the 5 cents if you want it.

I have not once talked shit on you or any of your videos, I like your videos, Ive been watching vital videos for years now, you even filmed me riding once before at a skatepark. Its a shame that I make one 4 minute video and get threatened in a comment by you even though I have not wronged you in anyway. Then you come to my page trying to make a nice kid in the comments not want to watch my video... Seems pretty ridiculous.

Anything else you want to say?

|

7/6/2017 2:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2017 2:28 AM

All BMX related news sure isn't meant to be held hostage. No general news is, for that matter. It's the exact opposite. Like you, Kyle clearly has a passion for BMX, as you mentioned, but Kyle does this for a living. Traveling, filming, documenting, then releasing to the public.

What you've done is taken the very content that Kyle filmed/produced and "remixed" it to make it your own. YouTube, however, is a mess right now as you probably are fully aware of, but copyright issues aside, they are Kyle's clips and (mainly) his information. Besides, think about it this way: Between Carlson's video and yours, which would the general public choose?

Like you stated, there's not a ton of information out there online at the moment, and the original interview video here on Vital given to the world through Carlson's work is a fantastic gateway between the Olympics and the public. Period. As of now, it's the only video suitable for all known and current information regarding BMX in the games, not a summary of information regarding BMX in the games.

News is free to share, I fully agree with you, dude. Someone's content, though, that's another story.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/6/2017 4:58 AM

MitchellProost wrote:

Hey, What up Kyle.

kylecarlson wrote:

Come on, man. Be realistic. What are these other articles? It sure does seem to me like you only watched my interview and read ...more

MitchellProost wrote:

There is not that much information about the olympic event on the internet right now so I pulled from all the news that was ...more

How about this.

I will re-edit my video, Ill take out all the clips that have a connection to vital bmx, I will reference your interview and link to your interview video in the description right at the beginning of the video. I'll post it tomorrow with no more of your content in my video, just information that you have provided to the public.

Information is free for all, I understand you saying you dont want "your content on the video" just seemed strange to me because if I was you and a guy made a video about a sweet interview I did and talked about it and referenced I would be pumped and happy people like talking about BMX.

You should check it out after I post it and let me know if you still think there are "issues"

Just trying to make vids about things I think are cool thats all. If someone did an interview with Mark Zuckerberg about the history of Facebook or something I would most likely want to talk about it. Doesn't mean that interviewer has ownership over the words Zuckerberg speaks.

|

7/6/2017 10:42 AM

It's content, not words. In your analogy, it's very true that nobody will really have ownership over the words someone speaks. Kyle posts the interview video, and people will talk about it. It's inevitable. But in this case, it's more of the content, not words. Anyone can talk about the upcoming Olympics, but nobody should grab content (and I mean video) specifically and repost it without permission.

It's essentially stealing the content from Vital if you haven't gotten permission beforehand. I've been in the same situation you are. Even if you link everything and everyone to every possible location, it means nothing if you don't have permisssion and you use video clips and/or images from another source.

Sure maybe it's strange that Kyle doesn't want his content in your video, but maybe because it's his hard-earned footage, and I think we should all respect his descision and workmanship.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/6/2017 10:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2017 10:55 AM

I agree with Kyle, if you snagged clips from other's videos, you are in the wrong. News is great, but when it comes to News on TV and other places, THEY PAY FOR USE. I know the guy who made the T-Rex Dino Egg Birth in Hospital Video and he was PAID for use by a news company and corporations throughout the world for it.

THAT'S the difference. You took clips without the OK of the content owners to make your own content about the same subject. Had you paid for the use, or possibly even contacted Kyle and asked to use a feel clips in the background, he might have been ok with it. But because you just took the clips, he's obviously upset.

The same thing happens when you use certain music in videos-they get muted by Youtube and Vimeo, because they know you do not have permission to use the songs.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/6/2017 11:01 AM

Get the boxing gloves and Fight it out ! Film it and make some content with that

|

7/6/2017 12:07 PM

MitchellProost wrote:

How about this.

I will re-edit my video, Ill take out all the clips that have a connection to vital bmx, I will reference ...more

Alright. I’m going to make this as brief as possible and then be done with it.

The words Vital BMX never came out of your mouth in this video. ALL of the video content other than you sitting behind your computer is from Vital BMX. If you somehow think this is ok, you’re completely out of your mind. You didn’t have permission to use this and, on top of that, you don’t even make a proper effort to mention where it came from or acknowledge it’s not yours. Not cool.

You’re putting this out as if you’re reporting the news. You’re not. You’re repeating what others (mostly me) reported. Maybe a "reaction video" would suit you better?

This is the part I’m pretty sure bothers me the most… YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT. If you’re going to fake it, at least make an effort to fake it well. Here are a few notes -

You’re pronouncing Bart’s last name incorrectly. You clearly watched my interview where it’s said correctly…

You’re pronouncing FISE wrong. This event has been around for TWENTY YEARS! If you’re going to reference something 10,000 times, at least say it right.

FISE is NOT now known as the “UCI Freestyle BMX World Cup” as you “reported.” FISE is a festival. The name is an acronym for “Festival International des Sports Extrémes.” The UCI Freestyle BMX World Cup is one part of a few FISE events. They also have skateboarding, MTB, and even multiple other BMX events that aren’t associated with the UCI.

FISE will NOT be “supplying the judges” as you “reported.” The judges will be sanctioned by the UCI.

All riders competing in UCI sanctioned events must have a UCI license as of June 2017. If you have a UCI license, you can be drug tested at any time. You say drug testing can / will start in 2019. This is wrong. Any of these competing riders could be drug test RIGHT NOW.

This is NOT happening “all thanks to Bart.” It’s primarily because of UCI / IOC intrest in bringing more youth-based sports into The Olympics. Bart was appointed by the UCI to essentially be the “middle man,” but saying it was all him - as if he is a solo entity that just took this on - is false. This has been in the works for a while. Many of us have sat in on meetings and bounced ideas, but the bulk of the groundwork was done by the entire UCI team.

I'm sure there's more, but I'll leave it at that. Better luck next time.

|

7/6/2017 12:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2017 12:10 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Get the boxing gloves and Fight it out ! Film it and make some content with that

That would definitely get views and be entertaining.

I re-edited the video and took all of his content out of my video, video is uploading as I type

|

7/6/2017 12:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2017 6:00 PM

MitchellProost wrote:

There is not that much information about the olympic event on the internet right now so I pulled from all the news that was ...more

MitchellProost wrote:

How about this.

I will re-edit my video, Ill take out all the clips that have a connection to vital bmx, I will reference ...more

kylecarlson wrote:

Alright. I’m going to make this as brief as possible and then be done with it.

The words Vital BMX never came out of your ...more

So I got some facts wrong, pronounced things incorrectly and I took your video content out of my video, I also put in a new clip right at the beginning where I state all "information gathered is from your interview + the articles linked in description because thats where its gathered from. I'm not "reporting" just making a video about some cool shit I saw and like.

I made changes to the video, reposted it. Not hurting you or bmx in any way which is what you are acting like I'm doing. If you want o check out the new vid and talk shit when Its up go right ahead.

Also I guess you could say its an excitement/reaction/conversational video about something that is exciting.

|