BMX Park is in the Olympics!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/9/2017 9:33 AM

|

6/9/2017 10:19 AM

Sweeeet! smile

|

6/9/2017 11:24 AM

So hype for this. I hope it gets better coverage than racing. Any idea how it'll be judged? Similar to FISE is my guess. I know Nitro World Games has predetermined tricks for big air. Not sure that would work with park riding.

|

6/9/2017 12:14 PM

Roose87 wrote:

So hype for this. I hope it gets better coverage than racing. Any idea how it'll be judged? Similar to FISE is my guess. I know Nitro World Games has predetermined tricks for big air. Not sure that would work with park riding.

This is one of the many yet-to-be-answered questions, but I'm assuming the exact same way as FISE. We'll keep you posted as soon was we know more.

|

6/9/2017 1:00 PM

gotta sell out to eat out i guess. I never watch the olympics anyway.

|

It’s all bmx

6/9/2017 2:15 PM

Hopefully Scotty Cranmer can heal up in time for this.

|

6/9/2017 2:39 PM

I just met Gary Young, Pat Casey and Greg Illingworth at xgames boise idaho.. I'm stoked!! Thanks friends

|

6/9/2017 3:08 PM

Meh, 'cause Olympics; it'll be rubbish.

Still gonna watch, though!

|

6/9/2017 4:00 PM

Should be good , I love watching bmx racing in the Olympics , those dudes are beasts and take some heavy hits

|

6/9/2017 7:23 PM

I hope they all have to wear leotards and pink tutus

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

6/9/2017 7:36 PM

This will be rad, assuming it is covered an a decent way.

If they fabricate drama (LOOKING AT YOU XGAMES IN THE PAST) it will be a joke. They made it seem like pros were legitimately against eachother and hated eachother, when pretty much all the dudes got along really well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/10/2017 8:35 PM

Sheldon. wrote:

Hopefully Scotty Cranmer can heal up in time for this.

It would be amazing to see. Sadly, with it only about 2yrs away it's a long shot. Once he can ride again, and that's if he can (I pray he will). He will need some time to relearn most everything. Muscle memory will help, have a feeling that is why his left side is ahead of the right. Look what side he runs pegs. Might be due to that the mind muscle connection is stronger. I really hope he can get back 100% but with his injury only 4-7% ever even moves again...and that could be hands only. We don't know what he has been told by his doctors. Let's hope it is good.


As for some riders I know they smoke pot at times. The IOC is a drug testing organization for Olympic athletes. So, for some of the best riders to be able to compete they have to get off any drugs and stay off. 1 positive and they can't complete. Harry Main has cleaned up his act alot. He still drinks, but not compared to years ago. If he is not on anything else, he is 1 who will probably be in. Logan Martin perhaps too, unsure of any drug use by him.

|

6/10/2017 8:36 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

This will be rad, assuming it is covered an a decent way.

If they fabricate drama (LOOKING AT YOU XGAMES IN THE PAST) it will be a joke. They made it seem like pros were legitimately against eachother and hated eachother, when pretty much all the dudes got along really well.

It's country vs country in the Olympic Games

|

6/10/2017 10:12 PM

This is SOOOOOOO SICK! I rarely watch the Olympics. The one time I was really happy to see it was when BMX Race was on, and as a park rider, this will be EPIC.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

6/11/2017 12:38 AM

Im trying to go and watch in person. Cant wait!

|

Smoke Drink Die

6/12/2017 2:31 AM

what's with doping controls?

|

IG: @_almost_crook

6/12/2017 6:57 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

gotta sell out to eat out i guess. I never watch the olympics anyway.

I never watch the summer Olympics for sure. I love the Winter Olympics. I will at least give it a chance, but if it becomes X Games, I am out...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

6/13/2017 9:44 AM

I think this is going to be cool bmx in the Olympics bmx has come s long way.

|

12/5/2017 4:41 PM

Might be bad news for the Russian riders chances to get to the olympics , looks like Russia’s been kicked out of the upcoming Winter Olympics for there doping scheme last time out , tough to say if they’ll be alowed for summer 2020 at this point , that’s a shame Alex nikulin and irek rizaev are beasts

|

12/5/2017 4:47 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Might be bad news for the Russian riders chances to get to the olympics , looks like Russia’s been kicked out of the upcoming Winter Olympics for there doping scheme last time out , tough to say if they’ll be alowed for summer 2020 at this point , that’s a shame Alex nikulin and irek rizaev are beasts

Yeah - I was thinking the same thing when I saw the news today. In addition to Nikulin and Rizaev, Kostya Andreev is actually the top ranked guy. All of these dudes are clean and seem very removed from all of these crazy, corrupt politics. I think they'll be in - possibly with some additional testing. I know all of those guys very well and would bet everything I own that they're clean!

|