BMX Sizes

Related:
Create New Tag

12/25/2017 11:40 AM

Ive been into BMX for a while and now that its almost a new year i think its time for a new bike. Im now about 6'2" and have zero clue what to go with size wise. I was gonna go with a 21 tt frame but I don't know if thats too big or not. Someome please lemme know.

|

12/25/2017 11:56 AM

21 should be about right maybe 21.25 I'm 6 foot and ride a 20.8 and that feels good to me.
Everyone fits bikes differently so try and ride a few of your friends bikes for a little bit to see what feels best

|

Hmmm

12/25/2017 12:55 PM

Depends what you like really. I'm 6' and ride a 21.15, and my next frame will be 21.25 for definite. Anything smaller than 21 feels like a little kids bike to me

|

12/25/2017 1:40 PM

I always recommend people try different sizes. My son and I are both 6'2" but I have longer legs, he had a longer torso. I wear 36 for pant lenth and he wears 32. Just because someone is a certain height doesnt mean a certain size bike will work for everyone.

|

12/25/2017 5:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2017 5:55 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Depends what you like really. I'm 6' and ride a 21.15, and my next frame will be 21.25 for definite. Anything smaller than 21 ...more

Agreed, after switching over to 21" frames all my friends bikes feel so cramped. I do know people that prefer a smaller frame for particular tricks though.

OP, like others have said, try as many sizes and geo's as you can.

What type of tricks/ riding style do you prefer?

|

12/25/2017 8:01 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Agreed, after switching over to 21" frames all my friends bikes feel so cramped. I do know people that prefer a smaller frame ...more

I ride alot of street. i ride a 20" now. Kinda hurts my back. My buddy has a 20" 2016 Kink Curb and its nice to ride, but hurts my back after a while. Maybe a 20.75 would be better?

|

12/25/2017 8:19 PM

At 6'2" I'd personally recommend something in the 21.25"-21.6" TT size.

It's a lot easier to get a smaller reach stem and pull the bars back on a slightly longer frame vs. being on a cramped frame and using a longer reach stem, or having to Chicago your bars, so that your knees don't slam into your bars all the time.

I'm only an inch taller than you and I'd still be on my 21.5" Tall Boy if I was 6'2".

Also, are you looking to buy a frame and build, or just buy a complete?

|

12/25/2017 8:24 PM

wafflema wrote:

I ride alot of street. i ride a 20" now. Kinda hurts my back. My buddy has a 20" 2016 Kink Curb and its nice to ride, but ...more

Did you feel cramped when riding your friends Kink Curb? If you didn't have a problem with your knees hitting the bars you probably just need some taller bars, so your not super hunched over...

|

12/25/2017 9:29 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Depends what you like really. I'm 6' and ride a 21.15, and my next frame will be 21.25 for definite. Anything smaller than 21 ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

Agreed, after switching over to 21" frames all my friends bikes feel so cramped. I do know people that prefer a smaller frame ...more

wafflema wrote:

I ride alot of street. i ride a 20" now. Kinda hurts my back. My buddy has a 20" 2016 Kink Curb and its nice to ride, but ...more

Id say, if you dont have any opportunities to try other bikes out, get something in 21". I havent heard anyone say "this bike feels too long" but i have heard many say "this bike feels too small".

Not saying 21" is the end all but it is a good place to start and especially with your height being a factor.

|

12/25/2017 9:32 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

At 6'2" I'd personally recommend something in the 21.25"-21.6" TT size.

It's a lot easier to get a smaller reach stem and ...more

Looking to buy a complete. A 2018 Sunday Primer to be exact. And i didn't feel cramped up i just felt like i needed something a tad bit bigger. A 21 clicked in my head as a good size. Like i said ive road for a while but I'm also just staring to get into more streer tricks. Size plays a factor there. I was looking see if 21 was more of a "pro at tricks" kinda size.

|

12/25/2017 9:33 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

wafflema wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Id say, if you dont have any opportunities to try other bikes out, get something in 21". I havent heard anyone say "this bike ...more

Thanks man. Really helps me out!!! Appreciate it!!!!

|