BMX Under 450$

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2018 8:12 PM

Hi , I want to buy a new bike ,, but i dont know which is better .... i'm still a begginer , and i want a mid bike , i'm 14 yo and i have 1,73 m/5.67 f
First i was thinking for the WeThePeople 2018 Curse 20 (Green ) , cause i liked the color .
But now i am thinking for a WTP Arcade 2018 .. or maybe a Radio Valac 2018
Give me some tips !

|

8/9/2018 8:32 PM

You’ve saved 450 dollars ! Your a good little saver , keep on going , make it to 700 , then make it too 1000 , the more you spend the longer the bike will last and the more money you will save in the long run

|

8/9/2018 8:35 PM

Mongoose Legion L100 dude... best damn bike for the price like for real...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/10/2018 12:48 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

If he has 450 then why not go Bama/shovelhead smile

|

Hmmm

8/10/2018 1:03 AM

Save to 850 and get the fly Orion , such a sick looking bike , if I was to spend sub 1000 on a complete that might be it , if you pull the trigger on a sub 450 dollar bike expect to be replacing parts and spending more money sooner than later , you get what you pay for in bmx

|

8/10/2018 1:11 AM

Definitely go used for that budget unless your set on buying new. You'll get a decent bike with fairly decent parts that can always be upgraded later.

|

8/10/2018 4:57 AM

Yeah, on that budget, you can get quite a bike used. CHeck the "BMX Stuff For Sale" here on the forum. THere were a few completed you could pick up delivered for around that. If you insist on buying new, the Hoffman Bama or the Shovelhead are you best bet. Great bikes for the money... in fact, I'd say the best in that price range. I know the Shovelhead is hard to come by right now... especially if you want it in the trans gold. But I think you can order direct from Eastern right now if you want it in black. Not sure of the availability of the Bama. While you can ride anything anywhere, obviously, the Bama has more of a trails/park geo, while the Shovel is more street.

|

8/10/2018 7:03 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

So he can upgrade parts when they break...

|

8/10/2018 7:07 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

But he's only 5'6"... a 21 will probably feel HUGE....granted, it's only .150" bigger than the Shovel & .250" bigger than the Bama.

|

8/10/2018 7:28 AM

Edman123 wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

But he's only 5'6"... a 21 will probably feel HUGE....granted, it's only .150" bigger than the Shovel & .250" bigger than the Bama.

Oh yeah, I forgot the Legion was a 21" lol

|

8/10/2018 10:56 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

With the bama he’s still got $50, though I believe that the bama and the Lady Luck completes don’t have the same frame as the aftermarket (though I believe the 25 year anniversary’s actually do though). They’re still good chromoly parts, and although the legion l100 is full chromoly it’s only a good idea to buy on a budget (still not a bad bike but it’s no doubt not as high quality as other full chromoly bikes).
Really the only real downside with the bama (and consequently ANY Hoffman frame) is non standard brake bolts (not the mounts themselves), but Hoffman bikes has always had this (I can say this with guarantee as my 90s condor in the past has the same bolt threads as my 08 rhythm and my 17 Lady Luck), also, broach brakemounts but this can be remedied with red loctite (you might need to reapply it a few times, I’ve had to do it twice so far but I didn’t put enough the first time)

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

8/10/2018 11:21 AM

eskimojay wrote:

You’ve saved 450 dollars ! Your a good little saver , keep on going , make it to 700 , then make it too 1000 , the more you spend the longer the bike will last and the more money you will save in the long run

This reminds me of something Jim Jefferies said. Lol

|

8/14/2018 4:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 4:22 PM

Thanks for the Answers ... i think i'm gonna go for the shovelhead ... cause where i live .. the closest skatepark .. is 20 km away .. and .. let's say its controlled by skaters ... and doesn't let bmx riders go in.
Thanks Again !
|

8/14/2018 5:34 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

The bama looks solid but there is one red flag I caught about the fork...lets see if someone else notices it.

Looks mean as hell though. Its also a 20.75 so thats something to consider. And a 74.5° ht.

|

8/14/2018 6:45 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

The bama looks solid but there is one red flag I caught about the fork...lets see if someone else notices it.

Looks mean as hell though. Its also a 20.75 so thats something to consider. And a 74.5° ht.

"Tapered chromo legs"

So what's the steerer tube?????

|

8/14/2018 7:02 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

Stay away from the Bama. I literally just bought one and Hoffman hasn't responded to emails or phone calls even after several messages. Not to mention the amount of problems I have had with it. I'd go with the radio or shovelhead.

|

8/14/2018 7:06 PM

Edman123 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

"Tapered chromo legs"

We have a WINNER!

|

8/14/2018 7:11 PM

Edman123 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

"Tapered chromo legs"

Cheese.

|

8/14/2018 7:26 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

"Tapered chromo legs"

jbales wrote:

Cheese.

I thought It'd be peperonisad

|

8/14/2018 7:30 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

"Tapered chromo legs"

jbales wrote:

Cheese.

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

My mistake. It's in fact a Slim Jim.

|

8/14/2018 7:35 PM

jbales wrote:

Cheese.

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

jbales wrote:

My mistake. It's in fact a Slim Jim.

Yaaay!laughinglaughinglaughing

|