BMX Video Contest: Challenge Ideas?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/26/2018 11:34 AM

So for part of the Battle of the Crews contest that I am hosting, I want to do monthly challenges for all the crews to complete for points. Whichever crew collects the most points before the DVD Premier will win a "Gnarliest Crew" award and maybe some cash.

I want to do 10 challenges per month ranging in difficulty for 1-10 points (total of 55 points per month.) So alas, I need ideas for challenges!

What crazy or fun challenges do you guys want to see? Anything goes!!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/26/2018 11:43 AM

best trick on a 80's bike

|

It’s all bmx

10/26/2018 12:30 PM

Least amount of barspins in the DVD.

Most tables and or turndowns.

Longest tire tap NO HOPS

Biggest drop to flat

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/26/2018 12:30 PM

Least amount of barspins in a video LOOOOOOOL

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/26/2018 12:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/26/2018 12:35 PM

I messaged you on facebook man. I made a bmx modified list based off of the thrasher king of the road book

|

10/26/2018 12:45 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Least amount of barspins in the DVD.

Most tables and or turndowns.

Longest tire tap NO HOPS

Biggest drop to flat

I want them to be things that everybody can do to generate points, instead of having it where only 1 crew can get points for a challenge.

So far I've got things like
"Light the bike on fire and do a flip" & "Pee on a rail and grind it", etc.

Also, the monthly challenges will be for a separate prize than the DVD Contest.

Keep the ideas comin boys!! Thanks!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

10/26/2018 1:10 PM

Most bump jumps.

|

10/26/2018 1:21 PM

Highest fakie hop into the longest backwards manual would be a cool one , have both as a factor

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/26/2018 1:37 PM

>do a nothing in a full body suit(the weird colourful skin tight kind)
>jump a stairset with backwards seat, fork and bars
>bump jump a person
>Peg chink the top of a beer can without breaking it
>get thumbs up from a security guard
>manual two full circles(or more if that's too easy)
>trick over someone reading playboy
>fakie firecracker down 10 or more stairs
Weird stuff from the top of my head, I can come up with more if wanted and neededlaughing

|

10/26/2018 2:24 PM

Rabbe wrote:

>bump jump a person
Weird stuff from the top of my head, I can come up with more if wanted and neededlaughing

Come up with as much as you can haha I'm gonna need nearly 200 ideas to use over the course of the next year+

|

10/26/2018 2:54 PM

Rabbe wrote:

>bump jump a person

do a nothing in a full body suit(the weird colourful skin tight kind)
>bump jump a person

I've done these off that list lol

|

10/26/2018 9:43 PM

Longest skid, longest ghost ride, longest bunny hop

|

10/26/2018 10:56 PM

I mean by default there should be a biggest slam challenge aspect to this, no? XD

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

10/26/2018 11:11 PM

The old ride uk ride to glory series used to do challenges, there's some vids on YouTube. Stuff like blindfolded whop, wear a onesie all day, do 3 360's in one line, ice pick over a gap, get a ride to glory tattoo, see how many people you can get on one bike etc. Obviously you don't want to straight up copy those, but they could give you some ideas

|

10/27/2018 6:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/27/2018 6:17 AM

Again guys, all of the "est" contest ideas are no good for what I am doing. It's not a contest of who can do the longest, highest, best, etc. whatever.

It's a list of 10 challenges per month & a contest of which crew gains the most points by completing the most challenges for the next 15 months.

|

10/27/2018 6:20 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Again guys, all of the "est" contest ideas are no good for what I am doing. It's not a contest of who can do the longest, highest, best, etc. whatever.

It's a list of 10 challenges per month & a contest of which crew gains the most points by completing the most challenges for the next 15 months.

Here's the first month's challenges as an example.. Photo

So every Crew can gain points for every challenge instead of "Crew A wins Challenge B because Rider C did the longest grind"

|

10/27/2018 7:06 AM

Most hop 3s in a row without putting feet down

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/27/2018 7:17 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Again, the words "most" "least" "longest" "highest" "tallest" etc. are not what I'm looking for..

An appropriate challenge would be
"Do 20 hop 360s in a row without taking your feet off"

This way every crew can collect points for the same challenge...

|

10/27/2018 8:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/27/2018 8:34 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Again, the words "most" "least" "longest" "highest" "tallest" etc. are not what I'm looking for..

An appropriate challenge would be
"Do 20 hop 360s in a row without taking your feet off"

This way every crew can collect points for the same challenge...

Ok I was a bit confused at what you meant before lol, I just woke up while typing thatlaughing

But I like that!

What about this, 15 hop 360s in a row without putting their feet down and with only their underwear and shoes onlaughing And they can wear a helmet if they're a helmet rider.

|

10/27/2018 12:17 PM

I dont think drinking alcohol should be involved in a bmx related challenge but Im sure there will be many people that participate.

How about do an icepick grind with a foot on the rear peg.

|

10/28/2018 1:03 AM

Can It be a crew of 1? Lol.. I have no friends that ride bmx.

|

10/28/2018 7:30 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

I dont think drinking alcohol should be involved in a bmx related challenge but Im sure there will be many people that participate.

Yeah I don't think alcohol should be mixed with riding either. Kinda like how you shouldn't drink and drive.

Dont drink and ride kids

|

10/28/2018 7:36 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yeah I don't think alcohol should be mixed with riding either. Kinda like how you shouldn't drink and drive.

Dont drink and ride kids

Drinking beer is a huge part of bmx though

|

It’s all bmx

10/28/2018 7:45 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Dont drink and ride kids

adamnmexican wrote:

Drinking beer is a huge part of bmx though

Hold my beer

|

10/28/2018 9:36 AM

Highest fakie bunny hop. Would be pretty hard to measure because setting a bar up to hop over while going backwards would be quite difficult and dangerous lol... but that's my thought, or best trick while fakie hopping.

|

10/28/2018 9:49 AM

Shredkink9 wrote:

Highest fakie bunny hop. Would be pretty hard to measure because setting a bar up to hop over while going backwards would be quite difficult and dangerous lol... but that's my thought, or best trick while fakie hopping.

No best or most or highest tricks lol

So an apropriate trick would be, fakie hop over a traffic cone.

|

10/28/2018 9:52 AM

Most highest long grind.

|

10/28/2018 3:11 PM

Scariest tyre ride?

|

10/28/2018 3:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/28/2018 3:46 PM

JmSBmX wrote:

Scariest tyre ride?

No "est" tricks.

An appropriate idea would be, "tire ride a 10 foot rail" or something like that.

|

10/28/2018 3:52 PM

JmSBmX wrote:

Scariest tyre ride?

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

No "est" tricks.

An appropriate idea would be, "tire ride a 10 foot rail" or something like that.

Bloody hell there are a lot of rules lol.. OK well.. Tyre ride a bridge and jump off into the water.

|