BMX and the UK

Related:
Create New Tag

5/31/2014 9:57 AM

Holy crap. This place is heaven. I went to Volt BMX and got some parts, that will later be revealed after my birthday, and I am in love. First off, riders have been so nice. I went to Volt and they told me where the nearest bowl was and I met some dudes, one was actually a pro for United I guess and he told me all about his signature frame After letting me ride his bike. I just asked and he was so cool about it. I couldn't ride the same because it was so much different than mine but the bowl was the best I had ridden. Airs and hips were much easier. I love the people in London.

Can anyone else let me know about things in London?

Why do so many people here have american made frames?

Why are they so much nicer??? Haha

Is marijuana legal or somewhat legal here?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/31/2014 11:29 AM

1: Not really, I've been to London probably 15 times at the very max in my whole life.

2: Do you mean more than in America, or you're just surprised that there's a considerable amount? If you mean the latter it's because although they're more expensive over here, so are Taiwanese frames, and most people I know tend to buy the frame they want and don't really look in to getting the best deal because most frames are a relatively similar cost. I know plenty of people with US made frames that probably don't even know they're frame is American made, haha.

3: Not sure.

4: It's definitely illegal, but in most cases the most that happens if the police catch someone with it is they'll confiscate it, at least where I am anyway.

|

5/31/2014 11:41 AM

Trying to think of what United Riders would be in London, describe Him LoL. What was his signature Frame called come to think of it!

America is a big thing here, a few years back a BIG deal was made about them being soooooo much better & for years they were & I guess it stuck with a lot of people!

MJ is 100% Illegal, We have categories of Drugs here, Crack, Heroin etc are Class A & I'm not 100% sure if green is b or c now, it changed & then changed back.

London is very diverse, it's also one of the most crime infested hell holes in England & Good people are treated 1of 2 ways. Well by other good people or totally taken advantage of by the bad. Not to worry You, but stay safe Mate. You're staying with Family right? I'm sure they'll know how shit works!

|

5/31/2014 11:52 AM

^^ I'm guessing it's Jimmy Rushmore because I have a feeling he lives near London, and I remember reading he had a signature frame coming out.

|

5/31/2014 11:54 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

1: Not really, I've been to London probably 15 times at the very max in my whole life.

2: Do you mean more than in America, or you're just surprised that there's a considerable amount? If you mean the latter it's because although they're more expensive over here, so are Taiwanese frames, and most people I know tend to buy the frame they want and don't really look in to getting the best deal because most frames are a relatively similar cost. I know plenty of people with US made frames that probably don't even know they're frame is American made, haha.

3: Not sure.

4: It's definitely illegal, but in most cases the most that happens if the police catch someone with it is they'll confiscate it, at least where I am anyway.

I mean more people have them. And riders actually know about their parts here. I go to american parks and some people don't even know the brand of their parts or why they got them.

I asked about the weed BC the people just kinda did whatever they wanted. Like everywhere I went the people had joints and the police didn't mind. Which I think is fine, I was just confused BC in america you'd get beaten by the cops and taken to jail.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/31/2014 11:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2014 11:59 AM

Topsey wrote:

Trying to think of what United Riders would be in London, describe Him LoL. What was his signature Frame called come to think of it!

America is a big thing here, a few years back a BIG deal was made about them being soooooo much better & for years they were & I guess it stuck with a lot of people!

MJ is 100% Illegal, We have categories of Drugs here, Crack, Heroin etc are Class A & I'm not 100% sure if green is b or c now, it changed & then changed back.

London is very diverse, it's also one of the most crime infested hell holes in England & Good people are treated 1of 2 ways. Well by other good people or totally taken advantage of by the bad. Not to worry You, but stay safe Mate. You're staying with Family right? I'm sure they'll know how shit works!

It was Jimmy Rushmore!!! His frame is pretty nice too. 74.5 head tube and I'm pretty sure it is a longer back end. I rode his bike haha and it was super solid and it is made by FBM!

And honestly there is a lot less crime here than ANYWHERE in America. The places I go in America are honestly more dangerous than anywhere in London haha

The people here are awesome and the place really is more relaxed. I prefer a lot of things to America but I do miss my sketchy country with my bike and all sorts of things.

The place has a lot more coffee too. Triple espresso is my favorite thing. Hahaha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/31/2014 12:08 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I mean more people have them. And riders actually know about their parts here. I go to american parks and some people don't even know the brand of their parts or why they got them.

I asked about the weed BC the people just kinda did whatever they wanted. Like everywhere I went the people had joints and the police didn't mind. Which I think is fine, I was just confused BC in america you'd get beaten by the cops and taken to jail.

With the first part, i think it really comes down to the fact that BMX is more popular over here than in the US, at least I'm pretty sure it is, anyway.

|

5/31/2014 12:11 PM

With the crime thing, most of London is OK, but there are definitely some areas that are VERY sketchy.

|

5/31/2014 12:25 PM

I wish I could give an example of the Postcode turf shit, since I left Reading, Every ounce of G-Star has left Me. A few of My childhood friends are in prison or Psych wards in some cases for atrocious things. Fighting &/Or Ritual gets boring or You wise up to the fact it'll put You behind Bars for good in 1 or 2 cases.

|

5/31/2014 12:57 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

1: Not really, I've been to London probably 15 times at the very max in my whole life.

2: Do you mean more than in America, or you're just surprised that there's a considerable amount? If you mean the latter it's because although they're more expensive over here, so are Taiwanese frames, and most people I know tend to buy the frame they want and don't really look in to getting the best deal because most frames are a relatively similar cost. I know plenty of people with US made frames that probably don't even know they're frame is American made, haha.

3: Not sure.

4: It's definitely illegal, but in most cases the most that happens if the police catch someone with it is they'll confiscate it, at least where I am anyway.

MaximusBikes wrote:

I mean more people have them. And riders actually know about their parts here. I go to american parks and some people don't even know the brand of their parts or why they got them.

I asked about the weed BC the people just kinda did whatever they wanted. Like everywhere I went the people had joints and the police didn't mind. Which I think is fine, I was just confused BC in america you'd get beaten by the cops and taken to jail.

BMX_Forever wrote:

With the first part, i think it really comes down to the fact that BMX is more popular over here than in the US, at least I'm pretty sure it is, anyway.

What I call "Actual BMX" is more popular here for sure. Kids don't know the first thing about real tricks In the US. One reason is BC everyone is obese. Another reason is the worst one; people think playing sports with balls is fun. The fact is, it isn't. In any way. I tried to and I got good at some of the sports and honestly bmx is more fun and they can'tsee that. Why? It ttakes more work to be good at bmx. Anyone can put a ball into a hoop. Even wheelchairers. And since that isn't so bad over here, people like it.

BMX in cities is more popular than here though. Not in a positive way like it is here. People like bikes of all kinds. Kids in my towns (before they met me or my friend LJ) only knew about wheelies and hitting jumps. Now they all want to see tail whips and truckdrivers haha I'm not joking either. They always ask LJ to whip and me to do a truck. I usually just do 360s and they go nuts hahaha but I dig it here. I'm gonna have to come back. And next time, with my bike. Either that or I will save up and buy a complete here because completes are so much better than when I started riding.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/31/2014 2:02 PM

Glad youre enjoying the UK scene, try making a trip up to the north, huge scene up here.

|

5/31/2014 2:45 PM

Stay out of the following places unless necessary
Peckham (south east London) Full of knife crime.
Hackney (north London) Another one
Tottenham (north London)
Westminster
Islington

Those are the worst few in London where crime rates are VERY high, mostly knife crime but a few guns too.

Finally, have a nice trip dude.

|

Bruh

5/31/2014 5:54 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

Stay out of the following places unless necessary
Peckham (south east London) Full of knife crime.
Hackney (north London) Another one
Tottenham (north London)
Westminster
Islington

Those are the worst few in London where crime rates are VERY high, mostly knife crime but a few guns too.

Finally, have a nice trip dude.

Lol I'm on North church road in Islington dude. Haha and I really haven't seen any sort of crime. Barely any police activity either. All in a it is better than america. If you guys consider this stuff crime ridden then Wheeling, WV is hell compared to here. Hahaha I haven't even seen any prostitutes. Even in Pittsburgh I find at least a few.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/31/2014 5:56 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

Glad youre enjoying the UK scene, try making a trip up to the north, huge scene up here.

I think I'm gonna eventually come back. Next time with my bike and eventually a car. I really would like to do that!!!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/1/2014 3:43 AM

haaaa, im sketched out by london. dont like big cities at all! really confusing, and what sort of park takes 40 mins to walk across and smells like spunk? stupid hyde park... im used to park that take 5 mins max to walk across haha. still, i went without my bike, and it looked awesome and me and my mate were gutted our bikes were at home.
havea good trip anywaybro.

and that thing about is weed legal made me laugh :L SO many people smoke it over here, it might as well be legal!

|



NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)


6/1/2014 6:58 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

haaaa, im sketched out by london. dont like big cities at all! really confusing, and what sort of park takes 40 mins to walk across and smells like spunk? stupid hyde park... im used to park that take 5 mins max to walk across haha. still, i went without my bike, and it looked awesome and me and my mate were gutted our bikes were at home.
havea good trip anywaybro.

and that thing about is weed legal made me laugh :L SO many people smoke it over here, it might as well be legal!

I like it honestly. I hope next time I can comeback with my bike and I can chill with thevitalbmx UK crowd hahaa

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/1/2014 7:07 AM

Well We'll be attempting the Holiday dealy again next Year, So I'll let You know in advance & We can see about getting You over for the Riding Week!

|

6/1/2014 7:33 AM

Topsey wrote:

Well We'll be attempting the Holiday dealy again next Year, So I'll let You know in advance & We can see about getting You over for the Riding Week!

I'd dig that! I hope I can come for sure!!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/1/2014 2:56 PM

Glad your enjoying ya self over here mate.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12