BMX beginners

Related:
Create New Tag

7/7/2016 11:28 PM

Hey all, I've been a downhill rider for a couple years, but after discovering a passion for dirt jumping, I'm looking at getting into BMX (street, freestyle). I'm 170cm tall, age 15, from New Zealand. Any recommendations on bikes, available in New Zealand? It would be much appreciated, thanks in advance smile

|

7/8/2016 12:07 AM

I'm sure most brands will be available to you. What's your budget?

|

7/10/2016 11:29 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'm sure most brands will be available to you. What's your budget?

Up to $400NZD tongue

|

7/10/2016 11:52 PM

You won't get much bike for that. From the look of it most entry level bikes start at 425ish, and that's with no chromoly parts, no sealed bearings etc. But it's a start! Just bear in mind that parts will need to be upgraded over time, some will probably fail unexpectedly, and probably quicker than you expect

|

7/12/2016 8:10 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

You won't get much bike for that. From the look of it most entry level bikes start at 425ish, and that's with no chromoly parts, no sealed bearings etc. But it's a start! Just bear in mind that parts will need to be upgraded over time, some will probably fail unexpectedly, and probably quicker than you expect

Sweet as, thanks for your help man! I can stretch my budget to 425 or so, thanks mate

|