BMX brands

Related:
Create New Tag

7/26/2015 8:34 PM

Okay, I don't know much about BMX Brands. Living in a 3rd world country, I just ride what I can afford most of the time. So can you tell me something about some famous BMX brands and I'll just give something I know about them. Im just curious.

Odyssey/Gsport/Sunday: All I know is that they have really good parts and well known for there lifetime warranty.

Subrosa: Definitely the most look up BMX brand in my place. So they must be good.

Shadow Cons. : Same as Subrosa.

Cult: Some kids like to run cult.

Haro: My first BMX. it's alright. Wanting to get the Haro La Bastille Frame.

Kink. All I know is they offer nice completes.

Colony: none

Fiend: None

WeThePeople: None

United: None

Fit: None

Fly: None

Eastern/Ezra: Cheap parts. reliable. that's all.

Stolen: Really popular. cause some LBS sell them for cheaps.

Premium: None

Primo: None

Demolition: Wanting to get some demo parts!

Please add some more. too lazy to search.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

7/26/2015 8:41 PM

well first off, your missing DK yeah dk in the last few years have gotten a bad rap mostly due to their department store bikes, BUT their bike shop stuff and parts have been legendary, the team frames, the SOB, the pack bike frames, social cranks, and pedals have all cemented their places into bmx history

Fly has some really nice stuff. im getting one of their helmets and i cant wait for it.

I dont see any profile stuff on here- profile has been around for ages and ages, and has some of the best hubs out their super fast engagement and super loud. made in USA all their stuff is rebuildable and upgradeable(for the most part) but tends to be kinda expensive.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/26/2015 9:28 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

well first off, your missing DK yeah dk in the last few years have gotten a bad rap mostly due to their department store ...more

lol, still got the DK Iron Cross Sprocket.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

7/26/2015 10:32 PM

Mongoose is another brand that has been put down because of there department store bikes but they have a solid team and make higher quality stuff than the stuff pacific cycles has in walmart,target,etc.

|

7/26/2015 10:33 PM

CamelOnAcid wrote:

Mongoose is another brand that has been put down because of there department store bikes but they have a solid team and make ...more

true shit man. i nearly bought myself a mode 900 but i didnt want to order something i never saw before so i got the cleveland instead.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/27/2015 12:13 AM

They all look the same without paint, stickers, and shield badges. The end.

|

7/27/2015 6:05 AM

Nwewinit wrote:

They all look the same without paint, stickers, and shield badges. The end.

This is actually pretty accurate haha.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/27/2015 6:34 AM

Fit: Basically the same as s&m and is basically the 2008 cult. FIt completes everywhere.

Fly: Actually did a lot of innovative stuff whether good or bad such as: 2.5 piece cranks, Removable brake mounts (hate these), short cs frames, push in bar ends, removable gyro tabs, spanish bb, the tripod seat and more. Sadly once legit in the mid 2000s their parts don't hold up at all anymore it seems.

Primo: Pretty much everyone in the early-mid 2000s had primo stuff. Mostly the seat and cranks.

Animal: Pretty much one of the few companies that stayed the same and didn't hop on every bandwagon like giant trans rasta bars. Animal was always Animal.

United: Possibly the most generic brand I can think of. Not that it's a bad thing but nothing sticks out about united to me. The cranks I have are really good.

Stolen: The team cranks are good.

FBM: Pizza, Beer, punk rock, collin mcclenahan, trails. That is all.

Profile: I like the hubs and the cranks pretty much everyone has rode.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/27/2015 7:59 AM

Dartmoor: small bike company also in mouton biking. Nami V3 frame is slick. Build quality on par and nice, strong parts. Relatively unknown compared to BSD, Profile, WTP, United, etc, etc.

BSD: That Passenger frame looks slick.

BDG: Bulldogs Bikes, came on here actually a few pages back. NOt well known at all.

PS: What is it with Eastern? I have been eyeing some of their frames but are they not too popular?

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

7/27/2015 8:31 AM

MacNeil and 1664 because Canada fucken rules

|

7/27/2015 8:35 AM

Tree-Always thinking outside of the box and hands down the most comforatable seat ever produced

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

7/27/2015 4:17 PM

koolstop

cuz salmon brake pads.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett