BMX build... Opinions?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2016 12:08 AM

I'm gonna build a bike and was wondering what you thought?

S&M Atf frame
- [ ] Stem - S&M shred neck stem - $59.95
* black

- [ ] Grips - ODI + Kink Samurai Grips - $10.95
* Gum

- [ ] Headset - Shadow Stacked Headset - $24.95
* Black/polished tie dye

- [ ] Cranks - Profile GDH Spline drive cranks - $164.95
* Black
* 175mm
* 19mm spindle
* Spindle splines - 48

- [ ] BB - Profile Bmx BB kit - $26.95
* Mid
* 19mm

- [ ] Pedals - Éclat slash alloy pedals - $32.95
* black
* 9/16"

- [ ] Chain - Shadow Interlock supreme half link chain - $54.95
* Black

- [ ] Cassette - Shadow raptor 2 SDS Cassette - $119.95
* Black
* 9t driver
* 36H

- [ ] Cassette hub guard - Shadow raptor hub guard - $29.95
* Black
* Chromoly

- [ ] Front hub - Shadow Raptor Front hub - $59.95
* Black
* 36H

- [ ] Front hub guard - Shadow Raptor 2 front guard - $26.95
* Black
* Chromoly

- [ ] Rim - G-Sport Ribcage x2 - $89.95
* Black
* 36H

- [ ] Rim Strips - Dan's Rim Strips - $2.95

- [ ] Shadow Triple Butted spokes - $1.20 x2 x36
* Black

- [ ] Nipples - Alloy nipples - $0.25 x36 x2

- [ ] Tubes - Dan's heavy duty tubes x2 - $5.95

- [ ] Tires - Maxxis Grifter Folding tires x2 - $39.95
* Black
* 2.30in

- [ ] Pegs - BSD unit pegs x4 - $13.95
* Black
* 2 - 3/8in
* 2 - 14mm

- [ ] Seat - S&M Kevlar pivotal seat - $32.95
* Black

- [ ] Seat post - Shadow pivotal Sear post - $29.95
* Black

Sprocket - éclat vent sprocket guard combo

|

2/3/2016 12:11 AM

That sprocket doesn't work with those cranks. Even then, both those cranks and that sprocket are not the best choice. Avoid "heavy duty" tubes, they do nothing but add rotational weight. Stick with regular tubes. Don't get butted spokes, and don't get aluminum nipples unless they are G-Sport. Also, go for a hollow Odyssey Keychain over the Shadow chain. The Odyssey chain is stronger, more durable, easier to use, lighter, and cheaper.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/3/2016 12:14 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

That sprocket doesn't work with those cranks. Even then, both those cranks and that sprocket are not the best choice. Avoid "heavy duty" tubes, they do nothing but add rotational weight. Stick with regular tubes. Don't get butted spokes, and don't get aluminum nipples unless they are G-Sport. Also, go for a hollow Odyssey Keychain over the Shadow chain. The Odyssey chain is stronger, more durable, easier to use, lighter, and cheaper.

Thanks dude!

|

2/3/2016 12:16 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Beat me to it, pretty much the exact same thing I was gonna say haha

Also, you're missing forks just in case you didn't know. Before you ask, get Odyssey or Sundays

|

2/3/2016 12:18 AM

Yea haha I thought i put in odyssey r32

|

2/3/2016 12:20 AM

Would I be able to run 4 pegs? Or do I need different hubs?

|

2/3/2016 12:28 AM

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

Would I be able to run 4 pegs? Or do I need different hubs?

They'll be fine, just make sure you get the right size pegs for them. Front needs 3/8", rear needs 14mm. Some pegs are 14mm with a 3/8" adapter though, but yeah.

|

2/3/2016 12:31 AM

Thanks

|

2/3/2016 12:51 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

They'll be fine, just make sure you get the right size pegs for them. Front needs 3/8", rear needs 14mm. Some pegs are 14mm with a 3/8" adapter though, but yeah.

Which 4pc bars do you recommend insted of the Fubars, because of the 9in rise?

|

2/3/2016 7:45 AM

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

fbm black flag

|

2/3/2016 8:21 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

Carson373 wrote:

fbm black flag

Thanks

|

2/3/2016 10:53 AM

When I go to choose spokes and click size what mm should I get. https://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/435130/Primo_Forged_14_Gauge_Spokes.html

|

2/3/2016 11:08 AM

Go with profile cranks they're solid and have a lifetime warrenty , mine are over ten years old well worth it

|

2/3/2016 11:25 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Go with profile cranks they're solid and have a lifetime warrenty , mine are over ten years old well worth it

So with these https://www.danscomp.com/products/452659/Profile_Column_Spline_Drive_Cranks.html what stuff will fit like pedals, sprocket guard combo, etc.

|

2/4/2016 5:45 AM

What 19mm crank and spocket set do you recommend what about sprocket guard.

|

2/4/2016 6:01 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

What 19mm crank and spocket set do you recommend what about sprocket guard.

|

2/4/2016 6:59 AM

Dude stop asking people on what to buy they only can recommend you on what to buy. Just buy some profile cranks and good sprocket be done ride.

|

2/4/2016 7:05 AM

VacancyKid999 wrote:

Dude stop asking people on what to buy they only can recommend you on what to buy. Just buy some profile cranks and good sprocket be done ride.

I'm trying to get people's recconmedation on products before I spend cash on them and to see how people's expirence were with them so chill out dude.

|

2/4/2016 7:14 AM

Some people love profile cranks but mine felt terrible. They felt like rubber, always bouncing all over the place. Maybe the 22mm version are better but i would just get odyssey or bonedeth cranks instead if i were you.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/4/2016 7:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2016 7:30 AM

VacancyKid999 wrote:

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

I'm trying to get people's recconmedation on products before I spend cash on them and to see how people's expirence were with them so chill out dude.

Dude everything thing you pick out is good so I say go for it you pick out good parts they will last you a long time. The parts you pick out are good so stop asking people on what to buy it your money and bike that you building.

|

2/4/2016 8:49 AM

VacancyKid999 wrote:

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

VacancyKid999 wrote:

Dude everything thing you pick out is good so I say go for it you pick out good parts they will last you a long time. The parts you pick out are good so stop asking people on what to buy it your money and bike that you building.

Can you help with my spoke size

Wheel - GSport Ribcage

Cassette - Shadow Raptor 2 SDS

Front - Shadow raptor

Spokes - primo 14g / shadow triple butted

|

2/4/2016 8:52 AM

VacancyKid999 wrote:

Why are you always so negative. Its called a forum, Its meant for discussion. You username makes you sound like a emo kid on myspace.

|

2/4/2016 9:25 AM

Hahah I died in the middle of class lol

|

2/4/2016 11:10 AM

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

VacancyKid999 wrote:

420bongblazer wrote:

Why are you always so negative. Its called a forum, Its meant for discussion. You username makes you sound like a emo kid on myspace.

He is an Emo kid on MySpace

|

2/4/2016 3:46 PM

VacancyKid999 wrote:

420bongblazer wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Myspace is still a thing?

Emo kids exist?

Weird...

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/4/2016 5:18 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Emo kids exist?

Weird...

Yeah I thought all the emo kids died out once My Chemical Romance broke up and MySpace went under.

But seriously MySpace is still around and the only thing it's good for is looking at old photos/videos.

|

2/4/2016 5:45 PM

eskimojay wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Emo kids exist?

Weird...

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Yeah I thought all the emo kids died out once My Chemical Romance broke up and MySpace went under.

But seriously MySpace is still around and the only thing it's good for is looking at old photos/videos.

Haha I'm gonna go make a account and bring it back lol

|