BMX finding friends

Related:
Create New Tag

8/15/2019 4:32 PM

So basically I'm 15 at the time and my friends are really aggressive. I started bmxing like a year ago and I love it. But the thing is no one in my gang is a BMX rider (except me ofc) and they also became very aggressive throughout the years and most of them are thieves now lol. As you can say by now I don't really wanna hang out with them anymore but they are all I've got so without them I become a
"noftendie" (having no friends). And I want to find some new ones but I want them to ride BMX and hang out with the bikes cuz that's just what I like. So what do you guys think can I make new friends on the skate park for example or find a new gang even..... How many of your friends did you make by BMXing or skateboarding or whatever you're riding. Thanks😀

|

8/15/2019 5:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2019 5:54 PM

Good luck because just like every thing else the bmx world is full of fake ass Inconsiderate mooching mofos, you can go out of your way to be a good friend, pass up riding to film for friends blow your money on filming equipment and end up treated like garbage while your so called friends will ditch you to dick ride lame ass douche bags for clout

At this point I don’t really have friends in the bmx world just some acquaintances

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/15/2019 6:40 PM

Don't listen to him.^

Hang out at skateparks and popular street spots and eventually, if you're cool, you'll make a few friends, who'll introduce you to their friends.

I've met some of the best friends I've ever had through BMX. A lot of them have moved on to other things or are just too busy adulting to ride regularly but I meet new people every time I go on the bike so it's kind of evened out. I'll ride with skaters, scooter riders, aggressive inliners and just about anyone else as long as they're chill.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/15/2019 10:48 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Don't listen to him.^

Hang out at skateparks and popular street spots and eventually, if you're cool, you'll make a few friends, who'll introduce you to their friends.

I've met some of the best friends I've ever had through BMX. A lot of them have moved on to other things or are just too busy adulting to ride regularly but I meet new people every time I go on the bike so it's kind of evened out. I'll ride with skaters, scooter riders, aggressive inliners and just about anyone else as long as they're chill.

What he said, my friends when I was at school weren’t really my cup of tea. And I was the only one that rode so i started going to the nearest skatepark (which wasn’t really that near, 20 min ride to the train station, then a 25 min train journey!) It was over 15 years ago now so I don’t even remember it being weird or awkward at any point and made friends almost straight away! My best friend (who I still ride with now!) who was my best man at my wedding I met by going down that park and meeting other riders when I was 14/15! Technically, I probably never would have met my wife if I hadn’t taken the plunge and made friends that were into what I was in to. As I never would have moved in those circles or gone out to the same places as an adult!

I really can’t endorse it enough! You don’t HAVE to do anything in this world except eat, drink, breathe and sleep! So sack off their bullshit and do what you wanna do, go ride your bike and new friends will be there before you know it!

|

8/16/2019 2:52 AM

I get you. For me, it was 12 years of school and not a single other classmate nor any other grade student that rode. I had two very distinctly different friend groups, one at school, one at the park. Both groups are still a huge part of my life today and, as said above, you can jump right in with the people you “click” with.

It’s almost a given you’ll find a buddy at a place like a skatepark. After all, they’re probably there for the same reason you are. Even if BMX is literally the only thing you have in common, it’s something and it’s a bond.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

8/16/2019 11:33 AM

Just riding spots you’ll meet some cool people. Even skaters can be cool if you get on the right side of them. Just become a regular face and don’t be a dick and you’ll find people to ride with and stuff.

|

8/16/2019 6:19 PM

pops wrote:

So basically I'm 15 at the time and my friends are really aggressive. I started bmxing like a year ago and I love it. But the thing is no one in my gang is a BMX rider (except me ofc) and they also became very aggressive throughout the years and most of them are thieves now lol. As you can say by now I don't really wanna hang out with them anymore but they are all I've got so without them I become a
"noftendie" (having no friends). And I want to find some new ones but I want them to ride BMX and hang out with the bikes cuz that's just what I like. So what do you guys think can I make new friends on the skate park for example or find a new gang even..... How many of your friends did you make by BMXing or skateboarding or whatever you're riding. Thanks😀

Don't hang out with them, shit can turn nasty. Just go to your nearest dirtjumps, different skatepark or even a racetrack. I became friends with some other dudes within days at my dirt jumps

|

Barends are for weenies

8/16/2019 8:26 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Good luck because just like every thing else the bmx world is full of fake ass Inconsiderate mooching mofos, you can go out of your way to be a good friend, pass up riding to film for friends blow your money on filming equipment and end up treated like garbage while your so called friends will ditch you to dick ride lame ass douche bags for clout

At this point I don’t really have friends in the bmx world just some acquaintances

Truth. Be friendly, but trust no one. Don’t let anyone borrow anything (parts/tools) because they will take off with them.

|

fack off

8/17/2019 6:22 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

adamnmexican wrote:

Truth. Be friendly, but trust no one. Don’t let anyone borrow anything (parts/tools) because they will take off with them.

Facts, ive tried to be nice to too many people and have been fucked over repeatedly

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/19/2019 5:35 AM

Almost all of the friends I have made in the last 20 years are due to riding.

As to meeting new people at the park, you totally can and will. If your former homies are a bunch of thugs etc, tell em you aren't about that lifestyle. If they cannot respect that you don't want to do that, they aren't your homies.

Go ride. Lock your bike in your home. Don't fall into a bad way because you have some stupid "friends" who did. You can do what you want to do.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura