BMX makes you cool ?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/7/2013 10:27 PM

I've had girls say that,"BMX is hot" and "You're cool if you BMX" I've also had guys say it's cool and respect me a bit more , plus it has a stereotype of making you "tough"

I've also heard that BMX is gay compared to skateboarding , you look like a fag if you're not sponsored , girls think it's a turn-off with the scars and rough hands .

Pretty 50/50 way of seeing it , I think it is rad ! But people have their own opinions.

Anyways , here is mine ;

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/7/2013 10:51 PM

Well it really depends on who you are that is riding the bike. I think there are some real assholes out there that ride. There are some posers, some dicks, some nerds, but BMX as a culture, usually people are nice who ride bikes. I have maybe only once or twice wanted to punch another BMXer in the face. It depends on the person overall.

Btw... if you got that chick's number.. hmu. Tell her i'm into butt stuff. And i eat like an angry Asian man..

Im jk about all that.

But i have actually had some girls come up to me and think it was cool that i was riding and stuff. They were from Oklahoma City so they have more of an influenced culture on that (Mat Hoffmann is from there i think?)

It has a bit to do with the area where you are. Around here, NO GIRL knows about BMX. They can tell you the engine size of a truck and what kind of mud they like, but they wouldnt know 2 shits about BMX. Fuck them..

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/8/2013 3:25 AM

I'm 33, married and have two kids...I'm already so far behind he 8 ball that I just ride for myself these days. Scars or no scars... Who do you guys ride for?

|

12/8/2013 4:24 AM

I don't think riding a bmx makes you cool, but bmx in general; as a thing is cool to me, all freesports are.

So many different characters in bmx these days, good & bad.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12


12/8/2013 5:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2013 5:49 AM

I guess this iamge bullshit has spilled over in to everything. I got 2 nice new completes for me and my kid to ride and have fukin fun.

My kid asked me where we rode when we were kids... um, everywhere. We got on our bikes for fun and transportation. If we were going somewhere, we jumped and dropped off anything we could find on the way. There were no skateparks.

Is it ok to just get on the bike , ride and have fun, and not give 2 fucks about anythig else.

I sure hopse so, cause that is what I plan on doing this coming year. I do like your pic, that will get used.

|

12/8/2013 5:58 AM

it does man, it does
cause you look like you ain't scared of nothing you know what I'm saying

|

12/8/2013 6:34 AM

I think in the eye of the right person it is cool, but to the general public it is "hooliganism".

Who cares?

I still think Legos are sweet and I am 27.

Hot wheels are awesome too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/8/2013 8:05 AM

I get pussy from my rad calluses.

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988


Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

12/8/2013 8:40 AM

not where i live at all

|

12/8/2013 9:03 AM

Not being a cunt makes you cool. Bmx has nothing to do with it.

|

fack off

12/8/2013 9:08 AM

Oof course it makes you cool thats why all the little swagfags around here started riding for a while

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/8/2013 11:58 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I think in the eye of the right person it is cool, but to the general public it is "hooliganism".

Who cares?

I still think Legos are sweet and I am 27.

Hot wheels are awesome too.

lol I always get weird looks from people at the store when I'm buying Hot Wheels. I think they're jealous

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/8/2013 12:10 PM

Not when your 37. But not very many teenaged kids can afford a bike that I ride... So I say who cares what people think, I obviously don't! Do your thing and have fun!

|

*Refs* from, robinson79, obiwan chromoly, SuperstarDK, TCbmx., ScramHype.







I build bikes... I don't ride hard core anymore I just ride.

To get ahold of me easier text me, 405-567-57zero2

12/8/2013 12:12 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Well it really depends on who you are that is riding the bike. I think there are some real assholes out there that ride. There are some posers, some dicks, some nerds, but BMX as a culture, usually people are nice who ride bikes. I have maybe only once or twice wanted to punch another BMXer in the face. It depends on the person overall.

Btw... if you got that chick's number.. hmu. Tell her i'm into butt stuff. And i eat like an angry Asian man..

Im jk about all that.

But i have actually had some girls come up to me and think it was cool that i was riding and stuff. They were from Oklahoma City so they have more of an influenced culture on that (Mat Hoffmann is from there i think?)

It has a bit to do with the area where you are. Around here, NO GIRL knows about BMX. They can tell you the engine size of a truck and what kind of mud they like, but they wouldnt know 2 shits about BMX. Fuck them..

Hoffman is from and live here in Oklahoma!

|

*Refs* from, robinson79, obiwan chromoly, SuperstarDK, TCbmx., ScramHype.







I build bikes... I don't ride hard core anymore I just ride.

To get ahold of me easier text me, 405-567-57zero2

12/8/2013 12:19 PM

bmxtru13 wrote:

Not when your 37. But not very many teenaged kids can afford a bike that I ride... So I say who cares what people think, I obviously don't! Do your thing and have fun!

That is one good thing about being a bit older, you care much less what others think, just have fun.

|

12/8/2013 12:31 PM

bmxtru13 wrote:

Not when your 37. But not very many teenaged kids can afford a bike that I ride... So I say who cares what people think, I obviously don't! Do your thing and have fun!

warrick wrote:

That is one good thing about being a bit older, you care much less what others think, just have fun.

Yep

|

*Refs* from, robinson79, obiwan chromoly, SuperstarDK, TCbmx., ScramHype.







I build bikes... I don't ride hard core anymore I just ride.

To get ahold of me easier text me, 405-567-57zero2

12/8/2013 12:31 PM

bmxtru13 wrote:

Not when your 37. But not very many teenaged kids can afford a bike that I ride... So I say who cares what people think, I obviously don't! Do your thing and have fun!

God what do you have against teenagers? You don't have to be 37 to afford a good bike or to not give a fuck.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/8/2013 12:35 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Not being a cunt makes you cool. Bmx has nothing to do with it.

That should a be quote

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/8/2013 12:47 PM

bmxtru13 wrote:

Not when your 37. But not very many teenaged kids can afford a bike that I ride... So I say who cares what people think, I obviously don't! Do your thing and have fun!

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

God what do you have against teenagers? You don't have to be 37 to afford a good bike or to not give a fuck.

Don't have anything against teens in general. I have a teenaged daughter myself who thinks dad is nuts for still riding! Refer to my thread in the "General Talk" section to know what my rant is... With kids!

I get bad looks all the time. I'm 37 I ride and I don't give a shit who talks shit or not! I'm a grown man and if someone really wanted to say something to me while I'm riding my bike they could. Like I said, Idc what anyone thinks. I got friends of mine who come to my house and they always give me shit about my bikes! All I say is "sorry I'm not a fat shitbag who sits around all day watching football!" Not that there's anything wrong with that lol cause I'm doing that right now!

|

*Refs* from, robinson79, obiwan chromoly, SuperstarDK, TCbmx., ScramHype.







I build bikes... I don't ride hard core anymore I just ride.

To get ahold of me easier text me, 405-567-57zero2

12/8/2013 1:49 PM

bmxtru13 wrote:

Not when your 37. But not very many teenaged kids can afford a bike that I ride... So I say who cares what people think, I obviously don't! Do your thing and have fun!

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

God what do you have against teenagers? You don't have to be 37 to afford a good bike or to not give a fuck.

bmxtru13 wrote:

Don't have anything against teens in general. I have a teenaged daughter myself who thinks dad is nuts for still riding! Refer to my thread in the "General Talk" section to know what my rant is... With kids!

I get bad looks all the time. I'm 37 I ride and I don't give a shit who talks shit or not! I'm a grown man and if someone really wanted to say something to me while I'm riding my bike they could. Like I said, Idc what anyone thinks. I got friends of mine who come to my house and they always give me shit about my bikes! All I say is "sorry I'm not a fat shitbag who sits around all day watching football!" Not that there's anything wrong with that lol cause I'm doing that right now!

Fuck em all...!!!!

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12


12/8/2013 3:45 PM

I'd love a dad the bikes with me. Instead , my dad is always off at concerts or working on cars then with me . Never married my mom , so he has better thing to do then bother with me....

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/8/2013 3:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2013 3:55 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I'd love a dad the bikes with me. Instead , my dad is always off at concerts or working on cars then with me . Never married my mom , so he has better thing to do then bother with me....

Talk to him man...he's your dad, let him know how you feel, give him a chance to let you know how he feels.

Bridge that gap bro.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12


12/8/2013 4:08 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I'd love a dad the bikes with me. Instead , my dad is always off at concerts or working on cars then with me . Never married my mom , so he has better thing to do then bother with me....

Your dad sounds cooler than you

|

fack off

12/8/2013 5:35 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Well it really depends on who you are that is riding the bike. I think there are some real assholes out there that ride. There are some posers, some dicks, some nerds, but BMX as a culture, usually people are nice who ride bikes. I have maybe only once or twice wanted to punch another BMXer in the face. It depends on the person overall.

Btw... if you got that chick's number.. hmu. Tell her i'm into butt stuff. And i eat like an angry Asian man..

Im jk about all that.

But i have actually had some girls come up to me and think it was cool that i was riding and stuff. They were from Oklahoma City so they have more of an influenced culture on that (Mat Hoffmann is from there i think?)

It has a bit to do with the area where you are. Around here, NO GIRL knows about BMX. They can tell you the engine size of a truck and what kind of mud they like, but they wouldnt know 2 shits about BMX. Fuck them..

This 100%. There are a few people at my school who have a rough idea of what bmx is and a few who ride (saw a kid wearing a T-1 sweatshirt before and I know for a fact a junior at my school rides.i honestly hate the people that hear you ride bmx and then ask if you can wheelie or backflip. Those seem to be the most common reactions anyway

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

12/8/2013 5:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2013 5:38 PM

warrick wrote:

I guess this iamge bullshit has spilled over in to everything. I got 2 nice new completes for me and my kid to ride and have fukin fun.

My kid asked me where we rode when we were kids... um, everywhere. We got on our bikes for fun and transportation. If we were going somewhere, we jumped and dropped off anything we could find on the way. There were no skateparks.

Is it ok to just get on the bike , ride and have fun, and not give 2 fucks about anythig else.

I sure hopse so, cause that is what I plan on doing this coming year. I do like your pic, that will get used.

It is absolutely okay to just get on ride and have fun, that's what bmx is all about! Goofing off with your friends, being outside, and just straight up having a good time

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

12/8/2013 5:49 PM

Not really. People know i bike. but when ever i try and hang out with other "freestylers" (bikers, skaters, regrettably scooterers, MX riders, mountain bikers. etc.) I always get shit talked on. So i kinda just sit by myself. Im respectful to most teachers but I don't get very much respect myself

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/8/2013 6:20 PM

Hey feeble to face. There is your doppleganger living in murrieta. Never fit in and was always awkward. You look like him too.. 'cept he's 6'5

|

12/8/2013 6:58 PM

I don't ride to be cool but hey if people think all that of you for riding then fuck it that's cool I guess but just know why you really like bmx. I've had a few girls say its cool that I bmx and a couple guys see me riding and ask me at school about bmx. Idk I guess its cool that people think its cool its just the assholes that do it just to be cool. If people ask I usually tell them I bmx and mountain bike race and they just tell me "Oh that's cool, I want to get a bmx soon."

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

12/8/2013 9:42 PM

Being cool makes you cool. BMX can't be used to describe anyone. Riding BMX is just another way for one to define themselves further. Keep keeping it real, everything else falls into place.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/8/2013 10:06 PM

I don't think biking makes me cool. I just think that biking itself is cool ! I love it !

Most bikers are cool and I look up to almost anyone that rides a bike. Also , I consider any biker I know friends , because we are just one big family. I consider alot of members on here friends , even though I don't know you , we all have one common passion so we can relate.

Being a good person is what makes you cool on my opinion. I respect people that are good at what they love , but respect other people who might not be as good as them.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short