BMX posers.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/18/2014 6:34 PM

Anyone have 'posers' in their town?

My town has a few people that buy expensive bmxs (400-500) every few months and don't even ride, they are rich kids too.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

1/18/2014 6:40 PM

Kinda... I met a kid at a skatepark that couldnt even ride well and had a 1500 dollar bike. Didnt have one single trick. Couldnt even do the bowl. Almost killed me and my friends doing a train in the bowl by cutting us off!! He wasnt even nice.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/18/2014 6:57 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Kinda... I met a kid at a skatepark that couldnt even ride well and had a 1500 dollar bike. Didnt have one single trick. Couldnt even do the bowl. Almost killed me and my friends doing a train in the bowl by cutting us off!! He wasnt even nice.

That's making my blood boil reading it.

|

1/18/2014 7:02 PM

I bought my £450 bike and didn't 'ride' for two years Rode it everywhere, just never got into doing tricks until recently.

|

1/18/2014 7:06 PM

Just because they arent any good doesnt mean they are posers, they are riding a bike, who cares if they are rich kids, IGNORANT people like you are why less people are in the sport a kid has a bike better then your and he can't ride he's a poser and i guess you just hoped on a bike and were doing 360's and tailwhips within a few minutes right, everyone started somewhere some people just start with better gear, how about trying to help him learn but no your content making fun of him because his bike costs more shit like this irritates me

|

1/18/2014 7:13 PM

SecretBMX wrote:

Just because they arent any good doesnt mean they are posers, they are riding a bike, who cares if they are rich kids, IGNORANT people like you are why less people are in the sport a kid has a bike better then your and he can't ride he's a poser and i guess you just hoped on a bike and were doing 360's and tailwhips within a few minutes right, everyone started somewhere some people just start with better gear, how about trying to help him learn but no your content making fun of him because his bike costs more shit like this irritates me

It's not that they're "not good" (I'm not good either) they don't even try to ride.

All they do is post pics on the internet of their bikes

|

1/18/2014 7:18 PM

SecretBMX wrote:

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

It's not that they're "not good" (I'm not good either) they don't even try to ride.

All they do is post pics on the internet of their bikes

There's About ten new riders in my town some of them have potential some of them sound like what you are describing they tend to be the kids who buy Aaron Ross Sundays ,show up at the park sit the whole time while everyone else rides and are kind of chickenshits when it comes to even trying anything then proceed to talk shit on other riders saying that the other kids bikes aren't as good as their Sunday Aaron Ross bikes yet they don't try anything and the kids with the mashed together bikes are actually progressing and showing them up, it's kind of funny

|

1/18/2014 7:19 PM

SecretBMX wrote:

Boom. Kids complaining about better bikes are worse than the people with the bikes.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/18/2014 7:24 PM

I am one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

1/18/2014 7:25 PM

At the end of the day, they can do what they want with their money. It shouldn't bother you, unless you're jealous that you're not doing damage to a bike that cost you an arm and a leg.

I bought my bike because it was nice, and i did actually have the intention of riding, i just didn't because i couldn't and there was nobody to do it with. So i just used it as a bike. Pictures of it went on Facebook when i bought it because it was a nice bike.

Everybody can do whatever they want. Deal with it.

|

1/18/2014 7:31 PM

I don't hate people with nice bikes or money, I just hate kids who buy $1600 bikes thinking THAT'S what gives you the skill.

|

1/18/2014 7:56 PM

At least they are putting money into the BMX market, and if they like doing that then so be it.

|

1/18/2014 8:02 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Oh and he said he went to woodward and all kinds of stuff. He made me sick to look at. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/18/2014 8:11 PM

I guess I'm kinda a poser cause I always boasted like hell back when I literally just started riding, and no one believed me until I actually do something in front of them. Then sometimes when I go to show the trick, I don't land it and I was known as the poser. And the BMX scene around my area is big, full of kids who buy BMX bikes with smaller "gears" and think they're the shit. I can call myself intermediate level around now. And not to mention, I can never film anything cause I have nothing to film with and I tend to take pictures most of the time. So adding everything up, I look like a poser kinda.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/18/2014 8:23 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I don't hate people with nice bikes or money, I just hate kids who buy $1600 bikes thinking THAT'S what gives you the skill.

^^^^ I've met so many kids that thought they where better then everyone just because they had more expensive bikes

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/18/2014 8:23 PM

Kid I know bought the most expensive haro available and proceeded to saw the chainstay off because he "wasn't into it". He got another a year later and did the same fucking thing.

|

1/18/2014 8:26 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

^^^^ I've met so many kids that thought they where better then everyone just because they had more expensive bikes

I know so many who do it. It's cool they buy the shit to support the companies, but when they get nice ass bikes & think that'll magically make them good at riding, it makes me think they're total idiots.

This one kid I know wanted to (and I think he did) quit riding bikes cause he had a shitty bike & was all like "man I need a better bike and I'll be able to do better tricks" and I tried explaining to him that it's not the bike. Geometry/lightness to a certain degree help, but not the bike being good/expensive. I rode his bike & did 360s & barspins on it and he was like pumped to know he could do them on his bike after that haha

|

1/18/2014 9:10 PM

so what if they got the money , they can buy expensive bikes , your bike dosent have to reflect your skill level . sort of like saying you cant buy basketball shoes unless you play basketball

|

1/18/2014 9:18 PM

Honestly, I call bullshit on a better bike will help you. When I was growing up, I had pieces of shit. I didn't care if I scratched them, landed badly, or anything else. I didn't tear it up because it was all I had, but working harder to get your bike together will always make you think twice about messing it up if you're just starting out. You wanna land some shit that you've been worried about, build a bike that's strong enough but you don't care about, like Sunday just did, pad up, and have at it!

As far as the poser thing goes, the most I ever have a chance to ride is with my kids. Do I need a bike built to take a direct nuclear strike like I have built? Nope, at least, not 98% of my riding. But that other 2%? Maybe. I folded a walgoose mtn bike going off a little 3-4 foot wall. Bent the cranks, rear triangle, and I didn't even try to see what else. I've gone off the roof (at my old house, this one is two stories) on my G7 setup and it was happy and wanted more.

But I do have a bike that retails for just under 2k, and mostly, I ride no faster than a three year old can walk. If that makes me a poser, then hell yeah I am!

Seriously, worry about yourself. Don't let other people's belongings and how they use them have so much power over you that it actually makes you mad. That's kind of an internal growth issue, and not really them.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/18/2014 10:00 PM

In before Cult haters

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/18/2014 10:21 PM

Four wrote:

I am one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm a bigger poser than you. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I come on the park with my 3 pegged "street" looking bike with a flat brimmed hat, multi colored fake raybans, bright colored stripe tank top, skinny short pants, knee high socks with weed prints and vans slip-ons. Eye balling everything and everyone like they owe me money.

I pose so hard, when i do a manual, i curse when my manual is less than10 feet when i can't even manual 2 feet.
I pose so hard, when i do 90 instead of a 180 i scream "oppo-3's are so hard!!!"
I pose so hard, when i couldn't land a grind, i say "there's too much wax on the ledge".
I pose so hard, i got the loudest hub i can find, fill the driver with 3 small pebbles so people would notice when i pass by.
I pose so hard, i memorize adamlz's how to vids so i can teach kids how to do tricks, even though i can't do shit. yell at them if they can't do it.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

1/18/2014 10:42 PM

I agree with all the peeps saying you shouldn't worry about what other kids are riding or their "trick list". It's never enough I tell you that... people will always find something too complain about. Not just kids but adults also, and adults tend to do it more than kids. Comments like "damn rich people", "this kid doesn't know how to ride and has a 1600 bike", "That guy is rich because he has a hot gf" who gives a fuck really?

I'll give you a scenario.... I can 360, 180, footjam tailwhip, wall ride, bunny hop manual and I seem to like riding off stuff at speed or jumping things.... I guarantee you there is atleast 1 person out there who "thinks" I don't deserve the bike I have. I have a stock bike, mind you... but the point is that there will always be someone hating on you for no apparent reason. It's people like that, who are never successful in what they do.... because all they do is hate. Threads like these have been made hundreds of times it's the same shit every time....

If the kids can afford the bikes then let them buy them. I buy every single component related to my bmx gear, some little shit out in the streets will probably think my parents bought so and so for me. The fuck if I care? That's why I'm not riding with people like that... You got negativity around your life then leave it.

Stop hating on the kids who "sit around on their sunday bikes" for all you know on their way home their hitting the 14-setters.

|

1/18/2014 10:42 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Honestly, I call bullshit on a better bike will help you. When I was growing up, I had pieces of shit. I didn't care if I scratched them, landed badly, or anything else. I didn't tear it up because it was all I had, but working harder to get your bike together will always make you think twice about messing it up if you're just starting out. You wanna land some shit that you've been worried about, build a bike that's strong enough but you don't care about, like Sunday just did, pad up, and have at it!

As far as the poser thing goes, the most I ever have a chance to ride is with my kids. Do I need a bike built to take a direct nuclear strike like I have built? Nope, at least, not 98% of my riding. But that other 2%? Maybe. I folded a walgoose mtn bike going off a little 3-4 foot wall. Bent the cranks, rear triangle, and I didn't even try to see what else. I've gone off the roof (at my old house, this one is two stories) on my G7 setup and it was happy and wanted more.

But I do have a bike that retails for just under 2k, and mostly, I ride no faster than a three year old can walk. If that makes me a poser, then hell yeah I am!

Seriously, worry about yourself. Don't let other people's belongings and how they use them have so much power over you that it actually makes you mad. That's kind of an internal growth issue, and not really them.

Couldn't have said it better.

|

1/18/2014 10:56 PM

I'm 33 years old, I have a much bigger disposable income than I did when I was 15.
I bought the best complete i could find, I am relearning on it.

I am obviously poser personified

|

1/18/2014 11:11 PM

It just pissed me off when that kid purposely broke TWO high end bikes on purpose when some kids would do a crapload of work to have one. If you buy something nice, use it, don't abuse it. There's a difference between crashing after trying a trick and cutting your chainstay off just because you feel like it. If all you do is cruise around, cool, but if you brag about being able to triple backflip double tailwhip or some shit and can't even hop, then you need to shut up. Or ride a scooter. A worthy punishment.

|

1/18/2014 11:45 PM

Someone that buys a BMX bike just because it looks cool and it's something to ride to places isn't a poser.

Someone who buys an expensive bike to start riding with and actually goes and tries stuff isn't a poser, it just means they have money to spend.

Someone that buys an expensive bike and then goes and sits around at the skatepark not trying anything, acting like they're the best because of their bike but also wonders why they're not getting good, that there is a poser.

I started out on a really shit bike, a lot of my bike is still pretty bad, but I've been able to ride it fine. However, if I had the money I would of started on an expensive bike without a doubt.

|

1/18/2014 11:53 PM

chad88 wrote:

so what if they got the money , they can buy expensive bikes , your bike dosent have to reflect your skill level . sort of like saying you cant buy basketball shoes unless you play basketball

Lol

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/19/2014 1:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2014 1:17 AM

People care way too much what other people do with their lives, especially bmxers.

I'm starting to realise that this community of ours ain't all that.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

1/19/2014 3:02 AM

we dont really have any posers round here tbh, and everyone is piss poor (welcome to Bacup!) so near nobody has nice bikes. but we do have people that come to the park, try fakies for 5-10 mins max and then ride off. that doesnt annoy me, just confuses me :L

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

1/19/2014 6:02 AM

All towns do.

BUT if they are supporting the sport, I am okay with it. At the very least they are pumping money into companies to fund new research for new products.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura