BMX posers.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2014 9:11 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Someone that buys a BMX bike just because it looks cool and it's something to ride to places isn't a poser.

Someone who buys an expensive bike to start riding with and actually goes and tries stuff isn't a poser, it just means they have money to spend.

Someone that buys an expensive bike and then goes and sits around at the skatepark not trying anything, acting like they're the best because of their bike but also wonders why they're not getting good, that there is a poser.

I started out on a really shit bike, a lot of my bike is still pretty bad, but I've been able to ride it fine. However, if I had the money I would of started on an expensive bike without a doubt.

Someone that buys an expensive bike and then goes and sits around at the skatepark not trying anything, acting like they're the best because of their bike but also wonders why they're not getting good, that there is a poser.

That's what I mean
|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

1/19/2014 9:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2014 9:38 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I don't hate people with nice bikes or money, I just hate kids who buy $1600 bikes thinking THAT'S what gives you the skill.

handlebar-to-face wrote:

^^^^ I've met so many kids that thought they where better then everyone just because they had more expensive bikes

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I know so many who do it. It's cool they buy the shit to support the companies, but when they get nice ass bikes & think that'll magically make them good at riding, it makes me think they're total idiots.

This one kid I know wanted to (and I think he did) quit riding bikes cause he had a shitty bike & was all like "man I need a better bike and I'll be able to do better tricks" and I tried explaining to him that it's not the bike. Geometry/lightness to a certain degree help, but not the bike being good/expensive. I rode his bike & did 360s & barspins on it and he was like pumped to know he could do them on his bike after that haha

I use the example from a year or two ago. A guy bought an old BMX off craigslist for 500 bucks and BEAT 400K PLUS RALLY CARS in a race in Mexico.

That right there proves it is not always the object, but the user.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/19/2014 9:34 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

People care way too much what other people do with their lives, especially bmxers.

I'm starting to realise that this community of ours ain't all that.

Yup!...

Kane, When You think about it all I do is buy Bike Parts (I don't buy shitty Parts either!) Build Bikes then post them on the Internet! O.K I have ridden BMX for like 10 of the 13 Years I've called Myself a BMXer, Somewhere is an old VHS of Me & a group of Friends from Reading Shredding!.. I used to go all out & I wrecked Myself & I mean absolutely destroyed Myself! I LOVE BMX, BMX is Part of Me! I have spent My time not riding, studying up on pretty much everything that is BMX, Manufacturing, Frame & Parts Specifications etc. I have Favourite Companies & I buy Parts from them & build up Super Nice Bikes! (My Friends Ride Them Quite A lot! I'll go cruising) The Utopia was an UN-Real Gift! & I am Proud & Honored that We Make Things would choose Me to Ride their New Streetland Line! They know what BMX means to Me & When I start My Rehab I will be back on the Bike more & more & more! Edit is obviously the next step when I have a few tricks back! I guess a little "Progression Edit" Then Summertime when all the UK Crew meet up, hopefully We'll be able to put out a little Vital UK Summer Edit!

Got a little side tracked there! Kane, I know it must be annoying when You're trying Your hardest to progress on an upgraded complete & some Doucher rolls in a Full Custom with a shit load of expensive Parts & then sits around doing nothing! BUT!.. As It's been said in this thread, They put A LOT of money into BMX, That's paid someones wages, kept a shop open etc. It might be frustrating for some, BUT.... It's all money back into BMX!!!

|

1/19/2014 9:38 AM

SecretBMX wrote:

Just because they arent any good doesnt mean they are posers, they are riding a bike, who cares if they are rich kids, IGNORANT people like you are why less people are in the sport a kid has a bike better then your and he can't ride he's a poser and i guess you just hoped on a bike and were doing 360's and tailwhips within a few minutes right, everyone started somewhere some people just start with better gear, how about trying to help him learn but no your content making fun of him because his bike costs more shit like this irritates me

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Boom. Kids complaining about better bikes are worse than the people with the bikes.

agree with this. partly why i only ride flatland now haha

|

fack off

1/19/2014 9:49 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote: Someone that buys an expensive bike and then goes and sits around at the skatepark not trying anything, acting like they're the best because of their bike but also wonders why they're not getting good, that there is a poser.

That's what I mean

Don't worry about what other people are doing.

|

1/19/2014 10:00 AM

I guess it's good that they're putting money into the BMX industry.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

1/19/2014 10:27 AM

Photo
|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

1/19/2014 12:11 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

I guess it's good that they're putting money into the BMX industry.

Rich kids buying lots of bikes and parts is what keeps the hobby alive, just like every other niche sport/hobby/etc.

Those guys subsidize the industry for others.

|

1/19/2014 1:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2014 1:06 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Someone that buys a BMX bike just because it looks cool and it's something to ride to places isn't a poser.

Someone who buys an expensive bike to start riding with and actually goes and tries stuff isn't a poser, it just means they have money to spend.

I started out on a really shit bike, a lot of my bike is still pretty bad, but I've been able to ride it fine. However, if I had the money I would of started on an expensive bike without a doubt.

K_A_N_E_ wrote: Someone that buys an expensive bike and then goes and sits around at the skatepark not trying anything, acting like they're the best because of their bike but also wonders why they're not getting good, that there is a poser.

That's what I mean

i honestly dont think ive ever seen that in my life. posers dont go to skateparks IMO... because actual good people will ether them easily. those guys are probably just nervous to ride BECAUSE they suck. posers are the guys that sit around in public so other people can see them with their bike/skateboard. lots of ppl are intimidated when trying to learn at skateparks cause everyone else around is already good and trying to get a sesh in while they'll probably be falling and need a bunch of tries. they feel like they are in the way

|

1/19/2014 8:30 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Kid I know bought the most expensive haro available and proceeded to saw the chainstay off because he "wasn't into it". He got another a year later and did the same fucking thing.

Wait, what ? O_O

|

1/19/2014 8:44 PM

i dont mind posers they just buy the best shit an then you buy it three months later for 1/4 the price

|

1/19/2014 9:13 PM

Go away kane you druggo nerd.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

1/19/2014 9:17 PM

matt.clappo wrote:

i dont mind posers they just buy the best shit an then you buy it three months later for 1/4 the price

Smart thinking I had a buddy that did that allot .......but i wouldn't say they buy the best stuff and I don't see myself buying any Sunday Aaron Ross stuff either

|

1/20/2014 12:52 PM

2005 riders were alot nicer and cooler to ride with than the 2010+ riders.

I was 13 and riding a shed of a bike at the local that had just been built, i turned up and hadnt a clue what i was doing.

The local "hero" (every group has that one guy everyones stoked on) came up introduced himself and me to the group, pretty much taught me the basics of riding and as things broke i got hand me downs. i think i spent £3 on the bike all together.

Granted it weighed 35+ but i appreciated every bit of it and have alot of respect for them.
It might seem a small gesture but the older riders just being decent to me gave me alot of confidence and i have a group of life long friends because of it.

TL:DR - just be a decent fucking person it always pays off.

|