BMX-related resolutions for 2021

Related:
Create New Tag

12/30/2020 9:41 PM

I’m going to learn good tabletops and t-bogs. I’m also throwing on my brakes again soon, and I’d like to become a more dialed brake rider.

And as for you guys?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

12/30/2020 9:52 PM

Be an awesome Dad..(includes as much bike riding with my kiddos as possible)

Keep my job and continue to be good at it...

Get my kiddos to see their grandparents a little more somehow..

|

12/30/2020 10:44 PM

Riding wise: ride more. Still debating getting a freecoaster too. That big weird skatepark should be finished before summer so I just need to find something to do until then. But hopefully the covid thing won’t be as bad so I can travel more too

|

12/30/2020 10:53 PM

learn 180s

|

13 years old

12/30/2020 11:12 PM

Dig more

|

Come back with a warrant.

12/31/2020 12:24 AM

I just want to get back to 100% finally. I got cleared to ride again back in March but a different issue with my knee has been prevalent since. I wrongly assumed it would get better with time & strengthening, and I was sort of right, but I was focusing on the wrong type of exercises. I finally saw my doctor earlier this month and was sent back to physical therapy and they gave me the proper exercises to do and it's finally slowly getting better and I hope it continues to. Oddly, a lot of things riding-wise were fine, it was just a confidence issue for if/when I bailed, but things like walking down steps in a controlled manner or squatting irritated the shit out of my knee. Really should've gotten it looked at sooner but I'm a dumbass.

Specifics? I'd like to ride street more and start hitting handrails again. They're so much fun.

Part-wise I'm looking into new rims. I have a decent size flat spot on my rear rim, and I'd like to try something new. I have some in mind I just have to wait for the colorway to drop. I also want a new front hub. My Shadow Raptor is old and ever since I snapped the center axle last year and rode with it like that for a little, the bearing seat has been slightly messed up so it needs rigged with plastic to not wobble or have the bearing fall out. So I feel like it's time. Hunting down one I like has proven difficult though, I've had troubles with BSD hubs in the past but their Swerve or Pro Front Street hubs seem like the best bet and look like they'll fit my Daily Grind hub guards. I thought about getting a new rear hub too but I really don't find any of the cassettes on the market appealing right now. I like the needle bearing style driver my Cult Match has, those bushing style ones just seem like they don't spin as good and I like crankflips soo... It's fine though, it's almost 8 years old and shows no sign of shitting out on me anytime soon fortunately.

|

12/31/2020 1:13 AM

Krooked wrote:

learn 180s

I am going to learn a to bunny hop 🤘🤘

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

12/31/2020 4:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2020 4:35 AM

i want to learn as many tricks as i can. nearer the second half of this year i started to find how i like to ride and what i like to ride and i worked on both of those a lot. i want to become less scared of tricks that usually scare me, and have more moments of just sending something instead of overthinking it. and hopefully get no long term injuries. as much as this year was bad for a lot of people, it was probably my best year ever for personal and riding reasons, im hoping to use all ive learnt this year to make next year even better.

|

12/31/2020 4:33 AM

Ride more.

We got a rad park with a solid bowl, and I want to learn to fly around it better and learn to roast the quarters a bit.

Want whips back.

Trucks back.

Basically, I want to get myself back to the skill level (and weight) I was at about 10-12 years ago. I will be pumped on half way for both though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/31/2020 5:53 AM

Go faster
Go higher
Ride more
Be better
First handrail
First roof drop
Travel more
Sell a bunch of parts

|

12/31/2020 6:17 AM

Ride more parks

Wear helmet/pads more

Improve manuals

Improve fakies

Visit the NoWear compound

|

12/31/2020 6:36 AM

Stop riding mainly 6h sessions doing only tricks I'm confortable doing, and start riding mainly 2h sessions where I tryhard new tricks.

|

12/31/2020 6:42 AM

I want to learn more front wheel flatland stuff, but also want to get to the streets and skateparks more than 3 or 4 times all year

|

Remember when you could ride all day and not be sore for a week?
Instagram: @theothermaj

12/31/2020 10:34 AM

Just continue having fun riding with my daughter and staying healthy.

Probably sounds pretty cynical/apathetic but I am not big on creating laundry lists of personal resolutions for the upcoming year, BMX or otherwise. Over the holidays I have been finalizing budgets, revenue forecasts, and marketing initiatives for the countries that I manage. I view those as my “resolutions” for 2021.

Adding in time-bound (2021) objectives for my riding feels like I am adding unnecessary pressure on myself for that is fun and I actually feel passionate about. Kind of like my quest for improving manuals in Q4. If I improved, great. If not, still had fun.

|

12/31/2020 10:43 AM

Get Ryan nyquist back on rock star energy

|

12/31/2020 4:45 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I am going to learn a to bunny hop 🤘🤘

gimme tips bro please i want to be sponsered by sunday and get free aaron ross parts

|

13 years old

12/31/2020 4:53 PM

My goal was to continue to ride during the cold winter months....plan was to ride the indoor skatepark as much as possible

But with the wonderful politicians decided they wanted to shut everything down so I haven’t been able to go...hope January and February are different

|

12/31/2020 6:25 PM

i'm going to learn freecoaster!

|

1/1/2021 12:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2021 4:35 PM

Keep riding, ride more often, go faster and higher, ride smoother, refine my tables and turndowns, and get more comfortable with opposite airs on big ramps.

|

1/1/2021 5:34 AM

younggotti wrote:

My goal was to continue to ride during the cold winter months....plan was to ride the indoor skatepark as much as possible

But with the wonderful politicians decided they wanted to shut everything down so I haven’t been able to go...hope January and February are different

They probably won't be.

Check with any nearby states that allow small numbers of people. One local was allowing rental of the park, max of 2 households and like 10 people. It wasn't cheap, but would be a way to get the park to yourselves for a while.

Otherwise get creative. Bundle up, build a box or rail and hit the driveway/parking lot/parking ramps when it is reasonably dry/warm.

I might start messing around in my basement. I was trying to keep tire marks to a minimum though.

Or get a different style of bike and go ride snow. I have an old MTB that will be my snow bike, and on nicer days my CX bike will come out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/1/2021 7:20 AM

Flairwhips, double backflip to dirt.

Finish my edit I’ve been talking about forever.

|

1/1/2021 8:55 PM

Photo
|

1/1/2021 9:47 PM

bloghogs wrote: Photo

Best meme ever.
Krooked started out trash talking literally everyone, now humbly learning beginner tricks.

|

1/1/2021 10:30 PM

*trump voice* obam-na

|

13 years old

1/2/2021 2:24 AM

Skills With Phil - Phil Kmetz,
with the GT riders !
The absolute video !

|

1/2/2021 1:45 PM

younggotti wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

They probably won't be.

Check with any nearby states that allow small numbers of people. One local was allowing rental of the park, max of 2 households and like 10 people. It wasn't cheap, but would be a way to get the park to yourselves for a while.

Otherwise get creative. Bundle up, build a box or rail and hit the driveway/parking lot/parking ramps when it is reasonably dry/warm.

I might start messing around in my basement. I was trying to keep tire marks to a minimum though.

Or get a different style of bike and go ride snow. I have an old MTB that will be my snow bike, and on nicer days my CX bike will come out.

When I went to a park in November it was pretty much a free for all....actually think it was open during the states shut down too

Unfortunately it’s an hour away, so I can’t always go, the local however hasn’t been open to my knowledge

I built a janky manual trainer and I rode today for the first time in a few weeks but bundling up and riding old doesn’t appeal to me and if I’m not having fun, then I just feel like I’m going through the motions

|

1/2/2021 2:24 PM

Do more table tops, more 360s, get better at pocket airs, ride some different parks, find some woods and build a fun 6 pack by myself, build up a spare bike to keep at my parent's house when I fly home to visit.

|

1/2/2021 3:31 PM

Ride trails. Never ridden them before but always wanted to. Found a community set about an hour away from me, they look like they have lines that suit all abilities so be a good place to start.
Hopefully tthe builders will let me come ride in exchange for help pitching in beforehand.

|

1/2/2021 4:32 PM

Mulletsnax wrote:

Yea, I''ll be getting to that too. Along with dropping off a 10 story building doing a 180

|

1/2/2021 5:10 PM

Mulletsnax wrote:

Vic707b wrote:

Yea, I''ll be getting to that too. Along with dropping off a 10 story building doing a 180

540 it bitch

|