BMX shortage of parts

Related:
Create New Tag

3/19/2021 8:38 PM

Bros, I don’t think I’m gonna make it... I finally have a few extra dollars in the account but everything is sold out. Are these the end times my great auntie warned me about?

Tlrdr: sad

|

My mom thinks I’m special

3/19/2021 8:41 PM

For the first time in 15 years I considered running 1 piece cranks

|

3/19/2021 9:01 PM

What are you having problems sourcing?

|

3/19/2021 9:04 PM

Second Hand Slash Used Parts are going to be everyone’s friends this year

|

I only kind of not suck

3/19/2021 9:07 PM

What parts do you need, I’ll find it somewhere

|

smile

3/19/2021 9:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2021 9:32 PM

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

Pretty much everything I was wish listing 6 months ago that is as of now unavailable

Animal Akimbo cranks 175
S&M forks
BSD park pegs
Fit Mac pedals

Edit: unrelated but also 9mm parabellum (can trade bike parts)

|

3/19/2021 9:45 PM

Used parts ftw

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

3/19/2021 10:32 PM

Local shop has those cranks in stock.. www.time2shinebmx.com

|

REF: HELLOMYNAMEISRAD, CKY99

3/20/2021 1:00 AM

2020 hit everyone hard and everybody's still recovering, so it's not surprising many places are low or out of stuff, sadly.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/20/2021 5:04 AM

Building bikes over the last 6 months has been a challenge for sure. My advice is to just Google the parts and source them from any method available. Most have free shipping at some level but paying shipping here and there was offset by finding better deals. I found shops I was not aware of and even grabbed a clean used complete off ebay to part out in order to get the majority of the stuff I was looking for.

Good luck - I think this shortage may last a while.

|

3/20/2021 5:54 AM

RAD_84 wrote:

A good few people on this forum have had issues with Time2Shine in the past.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/20/2021 5:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2021 5:59 AM

|

3/20/2021 8:25 AM

RAD_84 wrote:

Lmaooo nooooo not time2shine

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

3/20/2021 9:03 AM

IndianaTom wrote:

Pretty much everything I was wish listing 6 months ago that is as of now unavailable

Animal Akimbo cranks 175
S&M forks
BSD park pegs
Fit Mac pedals

With the way things are right now, beggars can't really be choosers. Still lots of options out there if you're willing to compromise.

|

3/20/2021 9:48 AM

RAD_84 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Well I don't know about that, but as far as I know the guy who owns it seems like a pretty good guy. I know he's got a lot of bad reviews on Google but if you look through them it's because people are buying parts during the pandemic and they were expecting him to be in stock which by the way he's a small shop. he would refund everything I'm not saying that there hasn't been any bad business but as far as I know and recent times I don't know if it's a new owner or what I can't say anything bad about the dude.

|

3/20/2021 9:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2021 9:57 AM

RAD_84 wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Lmaooo nooooo not time2shine

So what's your personal experience with that shop or is it just hearsay? Edit: full disclosure never use the shop myself even though he is considered a local shop sadly the only one within maybe 60 miles. I just know the locals around here always point me to him even though I've never used him because I decided to go with empire when I bought parts. But yeah I read over a few threads made on this forum and either way I'm just going to keep using more reputable my orders like empire and albes.

|

3/20/2021 9:58 AM

RAD_84 wrote:

Well I don't know about that, but as far as I know the guy who owns it seems like a pretty good guy. I know he's got a lot of bad reviews on Google but if you look through them it's because people are buying parts during the pandemic and they were expecting him to be in stock which by the way he's a small shop. he would refund everything I'm not saying that there hasn't been any bad business but as far as I know and recent times I don't know if it's a new owner or what I can't say anything bad about the dude.

Fair enough. I haven't heard anything about them in like 2 years but back then, there was thread after thread about people getting scammed and such.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/20/2021 10:11 AM

RAD_84 wrote:

So what's your personal experience with that shop or is it just hearsay? Edit: full disclosure never use the shop myself even though he is considered a local shop sadly the only one within maybe 60 miles. I just know the locals around here always point me to him even though I've never used him because I decided to go with empire when I bought parts. But yeah I read over a few threads made on this forum and either way I'm just going to keep using more reputable my orders like empire and albes.

do not buy mail order from T2S... if you're in store and have hand on item, go for it,

|

3/20/2021 10:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2021 10:19 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

RAD_84 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Fair enough. I haven't heard anything about them in like 2 years but back then, there was thread after thread about people getting scammed and such.

Yeah I myself just got back into BMX so I personally don't have any experience with that shop, even though he's local. It's just from the locals themself they direct me to him before I bought some new parts but I went with empire just for the fact that one he didn't have pretty much anything I wanted. But yeah it's a real bummer.

|

3/20/2021 10:49 AM

What the hell is the issue?

I just got all my parts they were in stock, triple traps, zero offset forks, 22mm stem, candy bars..

Geeze, you'd think I was running weird stuff nobody else wants... Lol

Photo

|

3/20/2021 10:55 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

What the hell is the issue?

I just got all my parts they were in stock, triple traps, zero offset forks, 22mm stem, candy bars..

Geeze, you'd think I was running weird stuff nobody else wants... Lol

Photo

Well, I’d say most kids these days aren’t even aware of those kinds of parts, all they know is whoever’s brands are being advertised on their favorite YouTube channel, lol.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/20/2021 11:01 AM

There is a post on here about trustworthy mail orders / shops to order from...albes, empire are the two big ones...from what I've read Dans is even better since they switched owners. I went with Empire as I had ordered from in the passed years ago and I know they are way trustworthy dudes...and they are fast at getting the orders out. I ordered and within 24 hrs got my shipping info.

|

3/20/2021 11:02 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Well, I’d say most kids these days aren’t even aware of those kinds of parts, all they know is whoever’s brands are being advertised on their favorite YouTube channel, lol.

I know, I was just trying to be funny..

|

3/20/2021 11:42 AM

I read some sketchy reviews about T2S also but they had some bars I really wanted at a lower price than anywhere else I could find. So last month I took a chance and mail ordered anyway. Shipping was a bit slow but not terrible (arrived in ~12 days). The packaging was a bit ghetto - box was pieced together from 2 boxes and lots of tape. But the bars were fine and undamaged. Due to their competitive pricing I’d probably order from them again.

|

The crap of our past fertilizes our future.

3/20/2021 12:24 PM

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

IndianaTom wrote:

Animal Akimbo cranks 175
S&M forks
BSD park pegs
Fit Mac pedals

Try shorter cranks. 170mm might be more readily available and don't feel much different. If anything I'd say they're nicer for most things. I've got 170mm akimbos.

S&m forks are overrated. And all the snapped dropout pics put me off.

Pegs are pegs. Probably all made in the same factory (better yet, don't get pegs at all 😬)

There's plenty of other pedals out there.

9mm is for pussies. You want .45 ACP. God's caliber

|

3/20/2021 2:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2021 2:22 PM

Thank you dudes for the resources! I’m only being picky about my build because I’ve been wanting to have this build for 2 years now and only want to buy once. Thankfully did some diggin and found some akimbos in 170mm ($200.00) as suggested by sir peg less the wise lol! Hoping that the difference isn’t too noticeable.

At my aunties house listening to her conspiracy theories know feeling better lol

I also bought that fucking sweet fit bike co camo hoody that has been lingering the advertisement section lmao yusssss!

|

3/20/2021 9:44 PM

readybmxer wrote:

2020 hit everyone hard and everybody's still recovering, so it's not surprising many places are low or out of stuff, sadly.

Covid has actually helped the bicycle industry. 2020 and 2021 will be record years for BMX sales. Hopefully, the upswing does not end for a few years.

|

3/20/2021 10:43 PM

Time2shine is garbage. I saw a post on fb like 2 days ago of some dude whose order through that shop has gone completely haywire.

|

3/21/2021 12:03 AM

You looking for mac pedals in PC or alloy?

|

3/21/2021 11:19 AM

HtownGetDown wrote:

You looking for mac pedals in PC or alloy?

Trying to find them in alloy, maybe they are just under a different name since he doesn’t ride anymore?

|