BMX survey

Related:
Create New Tag

4/4/2012 3:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2012 3:44 PM

I'm writing a paper on BMX for my class. If you have any free time and want to answer some survey questions for it that would be rad. Thanks, any input would be useful.

1. Gender:
2. Age:
3. Race (african american, caucasian, asian, hispanic, etc):
4. Class (upper, middle, or lower class):
5. Region/Location:
6. How did you get into BMX?
7. How long have you been riding?
8. Where you interested in other extreme sports before BMX? If so what were they?
9. Why do you ride BMX?
10. Have you ever been injured from riding BMX?
11. Is there a skate park in your town?
12. Who is your favorite pro BMX rider? And does their style influence yours?
13. Do you think BMX is becoming more popular? Why?
14. What motivates you to attempt risky stunts?
15. What is a BMX skate park experience like? How do non-BMXers interact?
16. Do you think anything significant has changed in BMX since you started riding?
17. Would you classify yourself as a risk taker?
18. Has BMX changed your life in any significant ways?
19. Do you have anything else to say about BMX?

|

4/4/2012 3:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2012 3:30 PM

male
white british
lower-middle or higher working
east of england
my friends
4 months properly
nope
its fun and keeps you fit
fractured wrist
yes its shit
tom dugan, he is flowy and he dosen't ride pegs (just like me) and sorta
it looks cool and is coming into the media
my balls the size of melons
dont get that question
not relay
no
i spend less time on my ass
its cool

|

parkrat.

4/4/2012 3:28 PM

1. male
2. 16
3. white
4. class? yes.
5. 20 miles from the oregon border
6. uhh i started doing jumps and street stuff on a beefy iron horse mtb, then realized that was stupid
7. 5 years but not hardcore riding, bunnyhops, 180s, some gaps
8. I skated, learned 360 flips which was my goal, and wanted something i could do tricks on but still get around on reasonably
9. 2 wheels gets me hot
10. A couple times, tore up my knuckles, knees, etc a few times and fucked up my ankle twice
11. Our skatepark has 1 roll in, one tabletop, and one qp. lame.
12. I like sean burns to watch for crazy drops, and stevie churchill/ florent soulas for techy stuff
13. Yeah, because riding bikes is the shit, and people finally make ridable size frames and bars for 20s
14. I don't really try risky stuff, but i push it a little when im havin fun in the zone
15. Up here skaters and everyone get along, so no problem with that. the little kids act like little scene kids, but the older dudes who skate or whatever are chill as can be.
16. I like that bikes have more nimble geo, and tricks are getting techy. It used to be like hell yeah, I just double pegged that rail. now its more like hell yeah, i just icepicked to barspinned that shit.
17. no.
18. Working on bikes and riding them got me off drugs, and now I'm fixing up people's bikes for money.
19. Nothin like 2 wheels.

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

4/4/2012 3:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2012 3:40 PM

1. Gender: Male

2. Age: 18

3. Race: White

4. Class: Working

5. Region/Location: Rochester, NY

6. How did you get into BMX? Me and a couple friends thought it would be cool to start riding bmx. Ever since then I've been hooked.

7. How long have you been riding? 3 years

8. Where you interested in other extreme sports before BMX? If so what were they? I tried to skate for about a year.

9. Why do you ride BMX? The happiness I get from riding a little kids bike is indescribable

10. Have you ever been injured from riding BMX? Way to many times

11. Is there a skate park in your town? Yup

12. Who is your favorite pro BMX rider? And does their style influence yours? Chase Dehart and absolutely!

13. Do you think BMX is becoming more popular? Why? Definitely, It's a more accepted sport now, way more popular than it used to be.

14. What motivates you to attempt risky stunts? The thrill I get after I pull it

15. What is a BMX skate park experience like? How do non-BMXers interact? Our park is honestly the friendliest park i'v ever been too. It's a great experience and everyone gets along great.

16. Do you think anything significant has changed in BMX since you started riding? Yes! Progression moved to a whole different level.

17. Would you classify yourself as a risk taker? No, I'm a pussy lol. Very rarely do I do big gaps, or giant stair sets.

18. Has BMX changed your life in any significant ways? Of course, I've met so many amazing people all because we have a passion for riding a toy.

19. Do you have anything else to say about BMX? It's a way of life.

|

4/4/2012 3:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2012 3:45 PM

Male
White
Middle class
Connecticut
My friends
Since Christmas
I still skateboard and I'm better at skating then biking and I've been skating for 5 years
Because its challenging and fun
Not badly I got a fractured ankle
Yes but its horrible
I like every and any rider or style
Yes because last year no one in my town rode now like 15 do
My friends and vids
In my town everyone at the park gets along
Bigger bars and stupid slammed and slim seats
Yes go big or go home haha
I don't skate as much but I'm a lot stronger
Bmx takes your mind off stressful things and that took way too long!

|

"You might want to get some knee pads and a family pack of chapstick, I'm afraid its going to be a long night for you".-Austin_Read

4/4/2012 3:32 PM

by class i assume he means social class
working class- if you or parents have manual jobs e.g plumbers, factory workers etc.
middle class- if you or your parents have jobs using their intellect or non manual like teaching, lawyer ect.
upper class- if you are royalty or a duke ect.

|

parkrat.

4/4/2012 3:33 PM

1. Male
2. 43
3. No.
4. Very little. :D
5. Orange County, CA, USA
6. Family friends owned a bike store in the 80s, their son raced factory Torker.
7. I raced for 5 years in the 80s, rode road bikes in the late '90s and again in the mid '00s, stopped riding road to ride BMX again last year because riding road is boring.
8. Not before, no, but during and after riding BMX I've been interested in MTBing and surfing.
9. Because it's fun and healthy. Except for when you crash. Crashing is prolly not healthy.
10. Bruises, sprains, and road rash... but nothing more than that.
11. Yes.
12. Danny MacAskill. He's not really a BMX rider, but he integrates TONS of BMX stuff into his riding. I would love to say that he influences me, but... my skills are so remedial it would be an insult to his riding.
13. Yes. Impressive numbers of "OG" BMXers from in the 70s and 80s are returning to the sport and bringing their kids along with them.
14. Proving to myself (and others) that 43 is not too old to "get rad". That and it's just plain fun. And exhilarating.
15. I have had no problems interacting with non-BMXers at skate parks. I think that you need to respect all freestylers - be they skaters, scooterers, or BMXers - for what they do and the skills they have. If you show them that respect, they'll show you respect in turn and then your skate park adventures will be a breeze.
16. TONS. Back in the day, the focus was on racing. Freestyling - flatland, parks, trails - was a rarity. Now, it's the other way around. And the bikes while fundamentally the same, are worlds apart in construction, geometry, and technology.
17. Minimally. Riding BMX at 43 is a risk in and of itself, but I'm not out there doing backflips off a 15' high dirt jump.
18. Yes. It makes me happy. A happy Tim is a good Tim. :D
19. Just... get rad.

|

I don't ride a BMX bike to look cool to others, I do it because it's fun and never do I think "Boy I sure am cool on my BMX bike."
- Capt. Nemo

4/4/2012 3:34 PM

Oh. Race and class are not BMX racing race and class. Allow me to correct mine:

3. Caucasian
4. Middle class

|

I don't ride a BMX bike to look cool to others, I do it because it's fun and never do I think "Boy I sure am cool on my BMX bike."
- Capt. Nemo

4/4/2012 3:36 PM

1. Male

2. 16

3. White/Caucasian

4. Working/Middle

5. South West England/Plymouth

6. tried it with friends

7. 3 Years

8. always liked the red bull stuff

9. Fun

10. Not severely

11. Yes

12. Garrett reynolds is decent, quite like aaron ross, but no they dont influence me.

13. yes, more people getting into it, dunno why, fun i guess

14. Adrenaline Rush & I like making progress

15. Seems like most are decent, all at mine at twats

16. Materials have changed, eg using more 4130 cromo now?

17. Most of the time yes

18. Not really

19. Im god.

|

Plymouth, England.

4/4/2012 3:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2012 3:50 PM

2. Age: 20
3. Race: Caucasion
4. Class (upper, middle, or lower class): Middle
5. Region/Location: Ky
6. How did you get into BMX? Tired of skateboarding
7. How long have you been riding? Starting taking it serious about 5 months ago
8. Where you interested in other extreme sports before BMX? If so what were they? Skateboarding
9. Why do you ride BMX? It's something new and fun as hell
10. Have you ever been injured from riding BMX? Not yet
11. Is there a skate park in your town? Where i used to live was a sick park
12. Who is your favorite pro BMX rider? And does their style influence yours? Dan Lacey, i wish my style looked like his
13. Do you think BMX is becoming more popular? Why? I hope so, would be sick to have more riders around
14. What motivates you to attempt risky stunts? Adrenaline, if im psyched on something
15. What is a BMX skate park experience like? How do non-BMXers interact? If you're chill everybody seems pretty cool.
16. Do you think anything significant has changed in BMX since you started riding? Not really, just having more fun now
17. Would you classify yourself as a risk taker? Sometimes i guess
18. Has BMX changed your life in any significant ways? I meet some cool people every now and then
19. Do you have anything else to say about BMX? Its dope

|

4/4/2012 3:56 PM

male
white
lower
Midwest
cheaper form of mtb and it got me away from the world
1 1/2 years
yes MTB
to keep me close to reality and get away
yes
no
Nathan Williams and yes
no because a lot of people start but quit right away
my obsession to keep moving forward
ok i like street better, its 50-50 some dicks some are nice
pivital seats but not much
yes
bmx keeped me from doing drugs
BMX is a seriously underestimated sport and deserves more respect

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

4/4/2012 4:09 PM

1.Male
3.Lower class
4.Scotland
5.found a video on youtube and liked it ever since.
6.2 years
7.Skateboarding
8.Its fun and you don't have to be in a team like football.
9.Yes and they always turn out bad.
10.The adrenaline and its fun.
11.yes
12.Harry Main and yeah quite a bit
13.Yes definitely more people are seeing how fun it is
14.The adrenaline rush you get at the end of it
15.Everyone's chill and gets along but there's only about 15 people that ride BMX,scooter ect
16.bikes have got lighter but some also weaker but the tricks have gotten bigger and riskier
17.Sometimes, if I see a big gap or something I usually don't think and go for it
18.Yup, I'm a lot fitter than I used to be and done things I thought were impossible to me.
19.More people should give it a try to try and make less violence in the world.

|

4/4/2012 5:43 PM

Male
Asian
Middle Class
Australia
Props Roadfools on TV
Almost 2 years now
Skateboarding
Fun
Only minor like sprained ankles
No, but there are some in 20 minute drives
Chris O'Donnel etc. (Aussie street riders), Yes
Yes, lil wayne
The feeling you get after pulling it
I've been to different ones. Some of them people are more chill and some of them people are dickheads
Not really, I started in 2010
I take more risks than the average person
Healthier
It's awesome but too expensive

|

4/4/2012 5:54 PM

1.Male
3.White And Mexican
4.Lower Class
5Long Beach, CA, USA
6.Friends
7.A Month And 2 Weeks
8.Skateboarding, Dirt Biking
9.It's Fucking Awsome
10.Contusion From end of bar in my Abdominal wall.
11.Yes
12.Nathan Williams Of course
13.Yes, Because Everyone is Always Getting into it.
14.Thinking about Becoming Better to Show Off :D
15.It's Fun & Some give Props and give respect.
16.Uhh Haven't rode long enough to tell.
17.Sometimes
18.Yes, It gave me something to do and i love it and enjoy it.
19.Keep Riding and Stay Safe!

|

4/4/2012 5:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2012 5:56 PM

2. Age: 15
3. Race (african american, caucasian, asian, hispanic, etc): Caucasian
4. Class (upper, middle, or lower class): Middle (working)
5. Region/Location: Canada
6. How did you get into BMX? My uncle was semi-pro, his riding inspired me.
7. How long have you been riding? The age of 4. Started seriously around 12-13 ( 3 years )
8. Where you interested in other extreme sports before BMX? If so what were they? Crib climbing ?
9. Why do you ride BMX? It's fun, theres always a way to challenge yourself and learn, unlike alot of other sports.
10. Have you ever been injured from riding BMX? Who hasn't
11. Is there a skate park in your town? Yes
12. Who is your favorite pro BMX rider? And does their style influence yours? Probably Hoang Tran, we broth throw topside smile
13. Do you think BMX is becoming more popular? Why? Yeah, because it's an awesome sport. It a great getaway.
14. What motivates you to attempt risky stunts? You only live once, you aren't going to get better thinking about doing it.
15. What is a BMX skate park experience like? How do non-BMXers interact? We have our own little groups, skaters do their own thing, bikers do their own thing.
16. Do you think anything significant has changed in BMX since you started riding? Style the most part, alot of trend also, not necessarily in a bad way either.
17. Would you classify yourself as a risk taker? Mostly yes.
18. Has BMX changed your life in any significant ways? Absolutely.
19. Do you have anything else to say about BMX? Go ride !

|

4/4/2012 6:08 PM

1. Male
2. 16
3. Caucasian
4. Middle class
5. US/VT
6. Looking for a thrill after being limited from active sports from ages 1-13
7. A year or so
8. Skateboarding (it was a short phase)
9. Pass time, be active, throw a little more fun and interest in my life, along with my answer from question 6
10. Broken hand
11. Yeah, it was made by bladers though, so not much flow.
12. Tom Dugan because of his huge airs and smooth riding style, and not that much, I don't air well.
13. Yeah, but I think it's becoming more popular to the incorrect age group, im seeing young kids buy bmx bikes for commuting and bunny hopping, small stuff, and they don't put more interest in it than that
14. The competitive mind (trying to match my peer's skill level) and again my answer from Question 6
15. For me it's a window of time for me to practice and learn, I don't normally take breaks unless im tired. All the skaters at my park think that me riding is going to demolish the park and that im a snake, which neither are true.
16. I don't think anything signifigant in the sense of public bmx, but the further I progress, I definitely see the sport differently.
17. Depends, I throw some big stuff compared to my peers, compared to the general public on this site then I'd have to say not too much
18. It's given me a new purpose for something to do in my free time, y'know? If I get bored on the weekend, I'll just pick up the bike, head to the park and spend a good 3-7 hours or more just shredding
19. To any non-bmxer's I definitely suggest picking up a bike and trying the sport, there's more purpose to BMX than what meets the eye, it doesn't matter whether you're good or bad, it just matters that you have something to do and you're having fun doing it.

|

Public masturbation isn't illegal, it's just highly frowned upon.

4/4/2012 6:29 PM

1. Male
2. 19
3. American/White
4. idk
5. USA, PA
6. Friend of mine & I always rode our bikes around then why day started trying some tiny dirt jumps and I was hooked
7. since the end of 2006
8. Nope
9. I love the thrill of doing tricks, learning new tricks, riding with my friends & going places
10. Tore my ACL, broke my finger & had a pin put in it, sprained both ankles at least 3 times each, left one's probably been sprained like 10 times. Sprained wrist, & tons of bruises and cuts
11. Nope
12. Don't really have a "favorite" I love all kinds of riders & their different styles, I try riding how I ride and not really copy anyone's style
13. Definitely is with the Dew Tour & X-Games being more public and Fuel TV & whatnot
14. If I want to do it, I'll do it. I usually don't do HUGE stuff, but if I can get past the mental block I will.
15. Most people are chill. They get in your way on accident, they apologize and move on, then there's dickheads who just try and run you out or don't see that you've been trying something for how long and sit right in your way on purpose.
16. The plastic pedals era, pivotal era, 4 pound frames, lots of shit like that all happened as I was getting into riding or right after
17. Sometimes. I'm more partial to tech tricks over huge risky shit like hopping over tall ass rails and being a rail boss
18. Definitely has, I eat, sleep & breathe BMX haha
19. Have fun, ride to your liking & don't let anyone tell you that you suck or can't do something. Just ride, if you're having fun, you're doing it right.

|

4/4/2012 7:46 PM

1. Male
2. 14
3. caucasian
4. middle
5. melbourne australia
6. found a bike a junk heap
7. 1 year just screwing about 2 months learning new shit
8. i skateboard as well somethimes with mates
9. its fun
10. just scratches and concussion
11. yes
12. No one i dont pay attention to pros
13. becoming more mainstream more people know about it
14. What have i got to lose i dont really care if i get hurt to bad
15. we are all pretty chell at our park unless the druggos come round they always cause trouble
16. not much
17. not usually sometimes if i feel like it
18. Gave me something to look forward to and gives me transport
19. the bikes are beutiful

|

4/4/2012 7:48 PM

1. Gender: male
2. Age: 20
3. Race (african american, caucasian, asian, hispanic, etc): white
4. Class (upper, middle, or lower class): middle
5. Region/Location: western new york (buffalo)
6. How did you get into BMX?dont really know... i guess just messing around with a dirt jump when i was little
7. How long have you been riding? legit riding like 2 years, cruisin with friends for like 7
8. Where you interested in other extreme sports before BMX? If so what were they? skateboarding, paintball, street fighting (backyard fights), agressive skating
9. Why do you ride BMX? its fun, healthy, kills time, relieves stress
10. Have you ever been injured from riding BMX? i think i separated my shoulder, blew out my knee, busted my hand, rolled my ankle... stuff like that
11. Is there a skate park in your town? small shitty one that there isnt much to ride at
12. Who is your favorite pro BMX rider? And does their style influence yours? i dont really know any pros... havent payed much attention to that stuff since i was little... i guess i like sean burns, and nyquist... and not really at all
13. Do you think BMX is becoming more popular? Why? yeah... ive noticed more people getting into it than there used to be and theres been some skaters switching over
14. What motivates you to attempt risky stunts? wanting to progress, get better, because the more i can do the more fun i have
15. What is a BMX skate park experience like? How do non-BMXers interact? its generally pretty chill, sometimes the skaters at my local indoor think they have more of a right to take up a section and not let riders go... so you kinda have to muscle in sometimes...
16. Do you think anything significant has changed in BMX since you started riding? yea, bikes got lighter, frame geo and whatnot has changed, plastic parts got popular, bars got alot larger, tech had changed, sprockets got smaller, bottom bracket changes, 48 is pretty much gone, triple wall is gone, 3/8ths is more popular now... less of an association with punk
17. Would you classify yourself as a risk taker? yeah, ive done some fucked up stuff
18. Has BMX changed your life in any significant ways? not that im aware of... but it may have
19. Do you have anything else to say about BMX? im not so much of a fan of riding alone... i mean i still enjoy it, but its more fun with friends

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/4/2012 8:14 PM

2. Age: 15

3. Race (african american, caucasian, asian, hispanic, etc): Asian-Filipino

4. Class (upper, middle, or lower class): IDK

5. Region/Location: Sunny dry So Cal

6. How did you get into BMX?: A lot of dude rode dirt out here in my town but I didn't really like it so I got inspired by street riders and from there I just rode street.

7. How long have you been riding? about 4-5 years (can't tell from all the enjoyment)

8. Where you interested in other extreme sports before BMX? If so what were they?: I do like messing with skating sometimes.

9. Why do you ride BMX? It surrounded me a for a while where I grew up. It's barely fading in my town unfortunately.

10. Have you ever been injured from riding BMX?: Minor injuries, sprained ankle, bruises, road rash etc

11. Is there a skate park in your town? There's 2 of them in a 10 mile radius but about 7 or 8 to get to each sad

12. Who is your favorite pro BMX rider? And does their style influence yours? I'd say Sexton, Dak, and Dehart. Those guys have influenced me from hucking shit, staying steezy, and trying to look "natural" on a bike.

13. Do you think BMX is becoming more popular? Why? Of course, especially in Cali scene because usually I got out for a sesh and I end up seeing a new kid with a new bike.

14. What motivates you to attempt risky stunts? I usually have to get very pumped and ride with some close homies to get me motivated.

15. What is a BMX skate park experience like? How do non-BMXers interact? Well since I don't normally go to skateparks, it's usually a "town" kinda thing. We rarely get kicked out, ledges are always buttery, skaters are pleased and not DICKS.

16. Do you think anything significant has changed in BMX since you started riding? The progression of styles, products, and the way BMX is taking it into a REAL action sport. Big companies have been sponsoring a lot to, energy drinks, sunglasses even hair gel!

17. Would you classify yourself as a risk taker? Sometimes, it usually build up in me when I keep looking back at a spot.

18. Has BMX changed your life in any significant ways? It has kept me off drugs and kept me in a very healthy lifestyle.

19. Do you have anything else to say about BMX? Keep riding kids.

|

7/6/2013 9:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2013 9:08 PM

2. Age: 13
3. Race (african american, caucasian, asian, hispanic, etc): Caucasian
5. Region/Location: Massachusetts
6. How did you get into BMX: An OLD TV show
7. How long have you been riding: about a year and a half
8. Where you interested in other extreme sports before BMX? If so what were they: skateboarding
9. Why do you ride BMX: to escape all the bullshit in life
10. Have you ever been injured from riding BMX: Bmx, no, Mountain bike, yes
11. Is there a skate park in your town: A crappy one
12. Who is your favorite pro BMX rider? And does their style influence yours: Adam Banton, he rides so calmly
13. Do you think BMX is becoming more popular? Why: Yes because kids are requiring more ways to vent and calm down
14. What motivates you to attempt risky stunts? asshole friends -.-
15. What is a BMX skate park experience like? How do non-BMXers interact? I've never been to one strictly for BMXers
16. Do you think anything significant has changed in BMX since you started riding: I've become less stressed and I've become a little more popular
17. Would you classify yourself as a risk taker: Yes
18. Has BMX changed your life in any significant ways? Yes
19. Do you have anything else to say about BMX: stay riding

|

7/6/2013 9:10 PM

The dates...
Photo

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

7/6/2013 9:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2013 9:36 PM

i checked the date after i wrote this my bad lol

2. Age:16

3. Race (african american, caucasian, asian, hispanic, etc):Mixed(half black half white)

4. Class (upper, middle, or lower class):kinda in between low and middle class life can get rough sometimes

5. Region/Location:Toronto Ontario Canada

6. How did you get into BMX? seen an old friend of mine from public school doing it when i passed by my local skatepark been into ever since

7. How long have you been riding? since last june so about a year i think

8. Where you interested in other extreme sports before BMX? If so what were they? not really i had a short fling with skateboarding but that ending in disappointment and a little pain

9. Why do you ride BMX? its fun, keeps me out of some troubles, gives me something to do, and its the first sport that i've been interested in a lot

10. Have you ever been injured from riding BMX? yes got those scrapes and bruises ive hurt my back more then once and hurt my ass real bad once as well couldn't ride for like a month

11. Is there a skate park in your town? yes theres about 3 the best from most peoples opinion i live closest to

12. Who is your favorite pro BMX rider? And does their style influence you: my favorite rider is mike hoder his style does influence me a little as i do try to imitate the way he does his tricks but i'm never sure if i got them the same so i just go at it and do ma thing

13. Do you think BMX is becoming more popular? Why? id say its on a pretty steady rise i see a lot of little kids getting their parents to buy them bikes and them riding at my local park so id say bmx is quite healthy right now

14. What motivates you to attempt risky stunts? being able to say i did it and being able to break the barrier of fear and uncertainty and do it again

15. What is a BMX skate park experience like? How do non-BMXers interact? those who aren't riding a bike like scooters and skateboards will do their own thing and troll or just chill and do tricks depends on the person paeople who are doing anything will either sit and watch,look sketchy or troll in my opinion i usually dont interact with the by standers unless i know them

16. Do you think anything significant has changed in BMX since you started riding? bigger bars and flipped front loads

17. Would you classify yourself as a risk taker? not really i'm down to try out new things but some times the risk isn't worth the reward

18. Has BMX changed your life in any significant ways? its kept me out of trouble and has put me in with a pretty solid crowd of people

19. Do you have anything else to say about BMX? its awesome its become a part of my self being without bmx id still be sitting at home playing elder scrolls or something all day like i see most people i know doing or smoking weed which i no longer have the money for since i've been putting all my funds into my bike

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

7/6/2013 9:59 PM

2. Age: 14
3. Race (african american, caucasian, asian, hispanic, etc): Indian
5. Region/Location: Bc, Canada
6. How did you get into BMX? Friends
7. How long have you been riding? 4 Months
8. Where you interested in other extreme sports before BMX? If so what were they? nope
9. Why do you ride BMX? Why not
10. Have you ever been injured from riding BMX? Who hasn't
11. Is there a skate park in your town? Yup
12. Who is your favorite pro BMX rider? And does their style influence yours? Dan Lacey, Bruno hoffman, Not really
13. Do you think BMX is becoming more popular? Why? Yup more kids do it kids have friends
14. What motivates you to attempt risky stunts? Music and fuck it
15. What is a BMX skate park experience like? How do non-BMXers interact? Cool Everyone knows my brother so Im cool with everyone
16. Do you think anything significant has changed in BMX since you started riding? Lighter bikes
17. Would you classify yourself as a risk taker? No
18. Has BMX changed your life in any significant ways? Ride al day everyday
19. Do you have anything else to say about BMX? It's hard but fun hard not like skating thats just hard

|

Bang Bang bmx

7/6/2013 10:02 PM

Face palm.....

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

7/6/2013 10:04 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Face palm.....

Lol this.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/6/2013 10:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2013 10:07 PM

Photo

this should keep everyone away
|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/6/2013 10:09 PM

2. Age:15
3. Race (african american, caucasian, asian, hispanic, etc):white
4. Class (upper, middle, or lower class):middle
5. Region/Location:Massachusetts
6. How did you get into BMX? saw it on tv
7. How long have you been riding? 3 years
8. Where you interested in other extreme sports before BMX? If so what were they? yes skating is were I started and while watching the xgames skate comps was when my eyes were opened to bmx
9. Why do you ride BMX? for the risks and thrill of it mostly to have fun
10. Have you ever been injured from riding BMX? many times
11. Is there a skate park in your town? 4
12. Who is your favorite pro BMX rider? And does their style influence yours? Enarson and no I just enjoy his riding
13. Do you think BMX is becoming more popular? Why? yea but mostly as a way to be "cool" not many people around here do it for the sport or for the love
14. What motivates you to attempt risky stunts? the good feeling when I land it and the rush of the crash and trying again
15. What is a BMX skate park experience like? How do non-BMXers interact? the bikers and skaters get along well bet he swagfag riders cause a lot of brawls and the scooters just piss everyone off.
16. Do you think anything significant has changed in BMX since you started riding? parts, who rides.
17. Would you classify yourself as a risk taker? yes
18. Has BMX changed your life in any significant ways? yes is has
19. Do you have anything else to say about BMX? its awesome and anyone interested should ride!

|

7/7/2013 6:45 AM

1. Gender: Male.
2. Age:14.
3. Race (african american, caucasian, asian, hispanic, etc): White.
4. Class (upper, middle, or lower class): I'm not sure.
5. Region/Location: UK, England.
6. How did you get into BMX? My friend started a few years back and been sorta hooked ever since!
7. How long have you been riding? Don't have my own bike till 2-3 weeks, but used to go on my mates GT Fly 2012 a lot, red and yellow.
8. Where you interested in other extreme sports before BMX? If so what were they? Scootering, i know call me a faggot but i was young and everyone told me to get one. I have quit now.
9. Why do you ride BMX?Well, i rode and i am going to ride because you feel like you have achieved something when you pull that big trick you've been trying for weeks or months etc...Also it's a boredom killer, keeps me out of trouble, fun and i can meet new people. Also it's nice to get attached to your bike and take it everywhere you go and stuff etc...
10. Have you ever been injured from riding BMX? Yeah, feel over way to many times, cuts, bruises etc...
11. Is there a skate park in your town? Yes, a very very shit with one half pipe and like a 6 inch long rail which is terrible.
12. Who is your favourite pro BMX rider? And does their style influence yours? Idk, my friend always watched Aaron Ross all the time and moan at his mom (He's american) for not getting him a Sunday Funday bike, with the sweet orange tyres and ABC grips he used to go on about.
13. Do you think BMX is becoming more popular? Why? Definitely. there are millions of videos on YouTube, X games, friends, people do it and get others into the sport!
14. What motivates you to attempt risky stunts? Music, friends, getting good rep and respect, getting better, the feeling of accomplishment, self pride etc...
15. What is a BMX skate park experience like? How do non-BMXers interact? Normally OK But almost every single person down at my skatepark is a total, utter and complete dick head...even the one's who don't ride...our park is tiny anyway.
16. Do you think anything significant has changed in BMX since you started riding? The amount of people who have started riding.
17. Would you classify yourself as a risk taker? In a way yes, depending on the day, who im with, my feelings, pride etc..!
18. Has BMX changed your life in any significant ways? Yes, it has and it is going to probably make me a much happier person! Also when i see people do all these tricks and stunts i used to say 'I cant do that, don't have i bike...' but when i get mine in 2-3 weeks i will feel pumped and motivated to do so!
19. Do you have anything else to say about BMX? It's a great port, and i am extremely excited and cant wait to start!

|

7/7/2013 9:26 AM

male
white italian , german british irish [img]
middle
long island NY
my friend started and got me into it
7 months
not really
i find it fun , its something different thats not ushually seen here and theres no boring part of bmx you just keep getting better
i pulled a ligament in my arm so i was out for a couple weeks
no
Aaron Ross and yes i like his trick list and how he connetcts tricks
where i live BMX was never really big and currently only little people ride bmx here
to make myself better and the thrill
i have never had access to a skate park
no not really i have only been riding for a short time
i would say i take some risks but not a complete big risk taker
BMX has made me meet new people and became more to open to other things
i would reccomened it everyone

|