BMX tat or new cranks??

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2009 8:06 PM

So... I've got some extra cash this month and can't decide what to spend it on. I've been mulling it over for a few weeks and have yet to come to a conclusion. I either want to get mu BMX tat (the dig sprocket with a chain wrapped around it connecting to a 9t driver on my calf and "just huck it" somewhere in it) or to buy some profiles bc my cranks creak like a mofo.

Thoughts, comments, questions, bitches, gripes, complaints?

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

10/14/2009 8:08 PM

what is your name? lol i just had to ask cause i never knew

|

Harold and Kumar Go To Taco Bell

ADD This

http://www.myspace.com/platinumbmx

10/14/2009 8:08 PM

Cranks, because you can't ride a tattoo.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

10/14/2009 8:10 PM

Ride2day my names dave

|

10/14/2009 8:11 PM

tibug wrote:

Cranks, because you can't ride a tattoo.

haha this but that tat would be fucking sick

|

funtington wrote :Have a really fat friend who rides them and they are totally solid.
Then again he sucks at riding, then again he is fat as fuck.
refs: backagianthe4time, FTBZ,ScramHype(x2),,fitrider123,iridefly

10/14/2009 8:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 10:22 PM

have the lovely wife help you out haha
but id get new cranks but the tattoo seems sick as fuck

|

█▄█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀ █▀
█▀█ █▄█ █▀▀ █▄█ █▀ █▀

ref-spikez5

10/14/2009 8:13 PM

oh, well ok mr. dave, you should probably get the cranks but that tattoo sounds pretty gnarsick

|

Harold and Kumar Go To Taco Bell

ADD This

http://www.myspace.com/platinumbmx

10/14/2009 8:13 PM

lol in social we had to draw a tat that represents ourselves so......
i drew a taco with a bike doing an icepick on the shell with the sunrising behind it i got a 10/10

|

i was kwbike.co
i run brakes. wanna fight about it?
shithawks are the future

10/14/2009 8:14 PM

TAT! Cranks creak you can fix that its still rideable? Take the chance while you can and get the tat and you can grease or buy a new bb and that will probably solve the creaking wich is cheaper then cranks and you'll have a sweet tatoo haha

|

10/14/2009 8:15 PM

cornholio wrote:

lol in social we had to draw a tat that represents ourselves so......
i drew a taco with a bike doing an icepick on the shell with the sunrising behind it i got a 10/10

that would be a sick tat

|

funtington wrote :Have a really fat friend who rides them and they are totally solid.
Then again he sucks at riding, then again he is fat as fuck.
refs: backagianthe4time, FTBZ,ScramHype(x2),,fitrider123,iridefly

10/14/2009 8:16 PM

They creak bc the metals getting weak ryan. That's y I'm on the fence...

|

10/14/2009 8:18 PM

id say cranks but tat would be sickkkk!

|

10/14/2009 8:21 PM

Cranks, profiles are awesome! But definately put the tattoo next in line.

|

10/15/2009 8:57 AM

Grease the cranks (spindle, nuts, bolts etc) and the creaking should stop.

Unless you have some tiny cracks in there...but since you are running powerbites (if i recall properly) it won't be a weld issue...I would inspect them thoroughly and grease all connection points (spindle etc).

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/15/2009 9:01 AM

Nah dave I'm running stealths, they're pretty old(the powerbites were a set I bought off a guy for my other bike). I've done everything to get the creaking to stop (greasing everything, new bearings). Every pair of cranks I've ever owned started doing it when they got older, its the actual metal creaking from the stress bc I'm such a big guy.

|

10/15/2009 9:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2009 9:44 AM

ya the arms and spindle splines get wore out and it creates the smallest amount of play between parts which when torqued on in the right direction will make the creaking sound, i have the same problem with being bigger. the tat sounds sweet but also more expensive then the cranks, at least from the sounds of it and the prices around here. get the cranks since u need them and an outline started of the tat so your more eager to get it finished soon. tats usually need more then one session anyways. unless you got a sweet hook up for the tat id say go with cranks and see if you have some cash left over to get the tat started. good luck

|

10/15/2009 10:03 AM

eeeeehhhhhhhh get new cranks. You might need those soon, and if you spend it all on a tight tat you might regret that when you're crankless. And when you do get the ink, you'll have it forever.... nawimean?

|

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

10/15/2009 10:26 AM

Yeah chris I've got 7 tats already I understand abt being ready for them.

|

10/15/2009 10:34 AM

Get the tat cause bad ass tats make you ride better.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

10/15/2009 10:46 AM

Dude just get the damn cranks before you break these while riding... hahaha

*and I wasn't using the "tats is 4evr" line to try to dissuade you or make you rethink your tat. I just wanted to stress the importance of what you NEED now versus what you want now, yadigg? smile

|

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.